2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Ladies Free Skating

elee63

Final Flight
I enjoyed Anna's Mermaid Theme. But I agree in that I see problems on the horizon for Julia in the future, if she stays in "sad girl" comfort zone. German commentator's already predicted she will have it hard in Russia because there are better girls in juniors that are up and coming. (Their quote not mine) I hope Yuzuru and Julia will get better programs next season.

Agreed. Wonder how Hanyu's going to top that short. Hope he keeps going the way he has and picks something completely out of the box.

And did you say that there are BETTER girls coming up from juniors? What, do they have a triple axel or two in their arsenal? :p these Russian girls just keep coming...

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Wooa, Kostner's 3-3 combo was fully rotated ? :eek:

I love how they would screw a thousand skaters, but give Kostner -2's for an element she finished on her back :laugh::laugh::laugh:

CarneAsada

Medalist
Of course she's not gold by any means. Fine, I take back the gold comment, but she gave the best performance in my eyes today. So happy that she was able to get 2 spots for Korea without Yu-na's help.
I agree she did wonderfully. Great jumps and some nice choreography too. Does she have plans to add the 3Flip?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Can someone get Gracie a technical coach so Frank leaves her jumps alone? She doesn't need to retool them like Mao just get them back to what they were.

I agree, Gracie needs to leave Frank Caroll
I notice some her jumps have been stalked now :mad:

ranjake

Final Flight
and Gracie beat Wagner in PCS too ! Ha

I like Gracie; I do- but she shouldn't have beaten Ashley in PCS today imo. Overall, Frank did a great job with Gracie, overall a very successful transition- but sometimes I'd like to see her with a little more fire. She hits some really pretty positions- and it's all 'there', but sometimes she needs to bring it more.

tana

Match Penalty
I agree, Gracie needs to leave Frank Caroll
I notice some her jumps have been stalked now :mad:

Don't forget that she's a chronic lipper too. Never has been credited for a correct edge on her Flip ever since she turned a senior.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Oh (cue swearing). I can't believe this. Gold HAD A CHANCE at this podium. HAD A CHANCE. And she blew it :bang::disapp:

Not that it's a shocker or anything - she's always been inconsistent (although she showed signs of improvement) - but it reminds me of what happened to Nagasu 4 years ago...fell apart. Not meant to be. I'm done...:sarcasm:

jaylee

Medalist
Oh (cue swearing). I can't believe this. Gold HAD A CHANCE at this podium. HAD A CHANCE. And she blew it :bang::disapp:

Not that it's a shocker or anything - she's always been inconsistent (although she showed signs of improvement) - but it reminds me of what happened to Nagasu 4 years ago...fell apart. Not meant to be. I'm done...:sarcasm:

Gracie is still moving upwards, though. Her 5th place finish is a slight improvement over last year's 6th. And in a deeper field, as well.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
Fack Dis Sheat !

You guys have turned this thread into a stupid debate about Gracie and Sky_Fly

Can't you take that ANNOYANCE somewhere else ?!

I'm outy to the Gymy,

Catch Yalls leita !

Long live the 8 year old boy sitting on the Tech panel eating cupcakes

Alba

Record Breaker
...Especially given the performance that Kostner gave.

Yeah, but that's why they were even worse this time around I think. Apparently they got bad words for everyone after Carolina. Don't know about Asada, but for Gracie, Yulia etc. yes.

BusyMom

Medalist
I agree. I would like to see her try programs like Polinas SP, more light and playful, more suitable for her age
It's not going to happen. Sorry. She said in the interview that she will continue with the same theme. Not wanting to step out of the comfort zone.

xabia

On the Ice
If there was no such thing as reputation in FS, So Youn would have won the gold, at least in my book.

ITA - that's the first time I've watched her skating and it was flawless - beautiful choice of music and wonderful interpretation. I'm rooting for her from now on. Future titles will be fought over by So Youn, Polina, Anna, Yulia (although she doesn't to anything for me) & Adelina (if she's still around). I don't think Gracie can improve much and Ashley will be lucky to repeat the performance she had today. She was wonderful at World's two years ago in Nice but it's been all downhill since then (apart from today). Carolina's score today was a travesty. I'm sorry for her as she's a gorgeous skater, but the judges were far far too generous. Suzuki should have been higher.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Gracie is still moving upwards, though. Her 5th place finish is a slight improvement over last year's 6th. And in a deeper field, as well.

Without Kim and Sotnikova, she didn't improve upon her 4th at the Olympics (yes, I know the scoring there was effed up, but point still stands)...

Don't get me wrong, not counting her out for the future, but just sayin'...we are STILL looking for a successor to Cohen. Gold is not it...at least not yet.