2014 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Free Dance

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
lmao what was estonian golf dad's little chest wiggle at the end

this chick looks like a brunette joannie rochette

vinganca

Rinkside
Honest question: Do you feel C/L potentially won't have as much of an uphill struggle to get on the podium as opposed to W/P and P/B?

i feel like the Italians are pretty neutral as far as the judges go. No one seems to go out of their way to put them up or down, so idk.

i don't think i've ever been so nervous about watching a FS event before! :( i hate that P/B are skating first in their group and that there aren't more Euro judges on the panel, and i hate even more that these things even matter when they really should not make any difference at all to skaters' scores!

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
This Romeo/Juliet program is... Okay, I suppose. I feel like I've seen it a thousand times though. It's not grabbing me at all.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
D/W's program was so much better of course.

I just wish more people would risk doing Indian music or something else outside the box. It's not like D/W own all indian music for all time because they had one good program with it.

I'm kinda bored with all the R&J's and Swan Lakes and tangos so I'd prefer others were able to do different music and it's comments like these that make people less willing to take risks and just stick with Swan Lake.

Because nobody is being rewarded for it.

The three really out of the box programs in the top 20 here--Papadakis and Cizeron's Woodkid program, Hurtado and Diaz's Surviving Picasso and Gilles and Poirier's Hitchcock program--will be lucky--lucky!--to finish in the top 10. They're more likely to finish 10-15th. So we get the 23789483487456845th version of Swan Lake and tangos and R&J's. Why risk when there is no reward.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
This Romeo/Juliet program is... Okay, I suppose. I feel like I've seen it a thousand times though. It's not grabbing me at all.

That's because it doesn't have a single original moment in it. And the music is this weird mishmash of the two audience tested parts of the two most popular R&J music pieces. G/F are the absolute epitome of the Detroit cookie cutter style.

MeaganSkater

On the Ice
JUDGES FOR FD:

Buchanan-GBR
Kozubek-POL
Toth-HUN
Alpern-ISR
Wendt-GER
Fomina-RUS
Bohm-SVK
Portova-CZE
Gorojdanov-BLR

lots of luck W/P and P/B---you're going to need it.

Umm this is a world championships right? Not Europeans... No American or Canadian judge?! Not even anyone from another continent!! What's up with this?

auser

Record Breaker
Just as I was thinking that while beautifully sung, this version of Romeo & Juliet seems a bit heavy for this team ... we had an earthquake. Apologies to Mother Earth if she is a big fan of this music & program. I meant no offense:laugh:. By the way I'm watching this Sportsnet One stream:http://cricfree.tv/sportsnet-one-live-stream.php. I was about to say it was working well, when it just froze on me briefly.:eek:hwell:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Umm this is a world championships right? Not Europeans... No American or Canadian judge?! Not even anyone from another continent!! What's up with this?

That panel made me puke. It is worse than the ladies panel in Soch unbelievably enough. Scratch what I said on the other thread, I&K will now get another ridiculous 110+ score should they even stand up, and probably come from behind to win. I hope they f-up up badly again as that is the only way they wont win and will hopefully end up in the 4th or 5th place they deserve (based on their SD performance alone that is already what they deserve if the others skate well in the FD too). Otherwise it will probably be C&L vs W&P vs P&B for the silver medal.