2014 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Free Dance

jolen

Rinkside
C&B have the edge right now, but the gap between the 2 teams narrowed at this year's Worlds. These two teams formed at almost the exact time. Samuelson & Bates went separate ways in Spring 2011 at the same time that Crone & Poirier did. There was also an article which reported that Samuelson and Poirier considered skating together but there may have been issues with her release from the USFS.

In the end we got the present two teams, and I think G&P and C&B made the right decision in who they partnered with. C&B have moved up the standings pretty fast and overtaken The Shibutanis and Hubbell & Donohue. And after a sub-standard result by Gilles & Poirier at last year's Worlds, they made a big leap in the standings this year. Key to G&P's success has been how well their personalities have clicked together. Piper's former coach Patti Gotwein has said that she thinks Piper & Paul are perfect for each other, and I think I agree with her so far.

Who are you really??? Paul? Piper? Paul's father/brother/uncle/cousin? Mrs. Gilles? Carol???

Your "shilling" for Paul is :rolleye:

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Who are you really??? Paul? Piper? Paul's father/brother/uncle/cousin? Mrs. Gilles? Carol???

Your "shilling" for Paul is :rolleye:

Nope. Not connected to them at all. Have talked to them a couple times and that's it. And I'm not shilling for any skater any more than anyone else does on this board. :rolleye:

I was actually responding to 'pharmtech1' and 'WeakAnkles' who were predicting much higher results for G&P than I am.

Btw, as you can see from my handle, I've been registered here since Mar 2004 - when Piper & Paul were 12 years old.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I didn't know this one either. Thanks for explaining!

(I'm behind the times, clearly....)

You can hear it in this old rap hit from 1992. It was one of THE biggest hits of that year in the US and was the #1 hit for nearly two months!

http://youtu.be/010KyIQjkTk

By the way I have said this more than once but I would love ONE top-level skater or pair or dance team do a hip-hop free skate and absolutely rock it.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lol..the Mack dad will make ya...

Sometimes it's funny when threads wonder off topic. BTW I love C/L.

anyanka

Record Breaker
Lol..the Mack dad will make ya...

Sometimes it's funny when threads wonder off topic. BTW I love C/L.

Yeah I just bought it on iTunes and added it next to The Barber of Seville. Waiting for C/L to mash it up. Am putting this into my running playlist. Heh.

Back on topic ...