2014 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Free Dance

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
God bless Isabella. She just went out there like she's won 24 Gold medals and then proceeded to skate most of that on the flat of the blade. All the while beaming like she's expecting gold medal 25.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
she'll probably trip him

If they podium -I'm not even sure to say if it's likely or unlikely, because it's them - I'd like to see her whack him with her flowers and push him off. Sigh. There are dreams that cannot be.

BlackPack

Medalist
I liked their Lilies of the Valley FD too... This year was fantastic for ice dancing. Most of the programs from the top to the bottom were good, except the Germans :bang:

tulosai

Record Breaker
I HAVE ARRIVED! First event I get to watch live... and sadly beginning with the Reeds...

Lota

Record Breaker
I really liked Zlobina/Sitnikov. I hadnt really paid any attention to them before this year, but this program is great. Gotta keep tabs on them next season too! :)

BlackPack

Medalist
What's wrong with the Reeds? At least you didn't start with the Germans' "Paris and Nerd" FD

cptnhastings

On the Ice
I like the Pina soundtrack alot and having just seen the movie within the past few months, they did incorporate some of the dance moves from it.

Anyway, I do hope they put in moth balls for a few years after the number of people using it in the past few years. It'll be good in 5 years again. :)

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
this is very incesty

good for them i guess???? because it's literally the only interesting thing about this program

BlackPack

Medalist
I don't know... the Pina soundtrack does bring out good skating... Anyway, we have to moth-ball other "classics" first before we even move on to to the recent ones

tulosai

Record Breaker
What's wrong with the Reeds? At least you didn't start with the Germans' "Paris and Nerd" FD

My two main issues with them (though not the only ones)

1. Their programs are all totally uninspired at least to me.

2. They haven't improved at all in like 6 years. In fact, in some objective measures, they have gotten worse. I understand and respect completely their decision to compete for Japan- wise move given the depth in the USA. But honestly, it BLOWS MY MIND that they haven't been able to improve their placements AT ALL in all that time and I think they should consider giving up as obviously they are either not working hard enough AT ALL or else have not got enough talent to actually rise above their current level.

Sorry to any fans of theirs.