2014 Worlds - Free Dance | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2014 Worlds - Free Dance

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
2. They haven't improved at all in like 6 years. In fact, in some objective measures, they have gotten worse. I understand and respect completely their decision to compete for Japan- wise move given the depth in the USA. But honestly, it BLOWS MY MIND that they haven't been able to improve their placements AT ALL in all that time and I think they should consider giving up as obviously they are either not working hard enough AT ALL or else have not got enough talent to actually rise above their current level.

exactly. they seem to like being the big fish in a terrible, terrible pond

BlackPack

Medalist
My two main issues with them (though not the only ones)

1. Their programs are all totally uninspired at least to me.

2. They haven't improved at all in like 6 years. In fact, in some objective measures, they have gotten worse. I understand and respect completely their decision to compete for Japan- wise move given the depth in the USA. But honestly, it BLOWS MY MIND that they haven't been able to improve their placements AT ALL in all that time and I think they should consider giving up as obviously they are either not working hard enough AT ALL or else have not got enough talent to actually rise above their current level.

Sorry to any fans of theirs.

OK, I get what you're saying. I feel neutral towards them too but they're nowhere as miserable as some of the others.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
My two main issues with them (though not the only ones)

1. Their programs are all totally uninspired at least to me.

Sorry to any fans of theirs.

No, I'd say that's a pretty fair assessment. I thought they had potential at Vancouver, but they've advanced not one whit since then.

fleeting

Queen Anissina
Medalist
I like Paul's dress. Red suits her, and the mesh actually matches! Good job, guys.

BlackPack

Medalist
I think Alexandra is a clone of Tessa and Meryl.... so weird. And yes before hyper gets into the VM clone talk, yes, ok... :laugh:

BlackPack

Medalist
But seriously... can anyone please explain to me why Islam and Paul are just languishing in the ranks? (Ok VM clone talk aside) They're good. They have the qualities of a premier ice dancing team. Their programs are VM-clonish, OK, got it, but not even in the top 10 is just weird to me.

BlackPack

Medalist
Yeah, I kind of lost the plot when she was saying something about fine line between being tasteful and having a blade pulled your head during AZE free dance. Do you know what she was on about?

I dunno.... was she referring to Berezhnaya and Shliakov (sp)?

hyperinflation

Match Penalty
But seriously... can anyone please explain to me why Islam and Paul are just languishing in the ranks? (Ok VM clone talk aside) They're good. They have the qualities of a premier ice dancing team. Their programs are VM-clonish, OK, got it, but not even in the top 10 is just weird to me.

because up until about the last season or so, they fell EVERY. TIME. they hit the ice

that's not an exaggeration, it was literally every. single. time. interesting to see what happens now they've figured out how to stand on their blades for four minutes without biting the ice