Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kim Yu-Na says goodbye to figure skating, acting career next?

Kim Yu-Na says goodbye to figure skating, acting career next?

However, some entertainment insiders and people within her circles of the sporting world are hinting that she might take a look at acting. There are few people who have her public profile and she her fans will watch any project that she is involved in and will be the biggest supporters. In addition, the world of acting, particularly movies, would represent a new challenge similar to a new jump in figure skating and if there one thing about Kim Yu-Na that will not disappear it is the fact that she is super competitive.
    http://www.fansshare.com/news/kim-yu...g-career-next/

i know she sings w/ the Kpop idols from the past.. but i highly doubt it.. yuna said that she doesn't have any interest in entering in the entertainment scene in korea.. but who knows??

Custom Title
    From watching her all these years, I always felt that she wanted a normal life after she retired from being a competitive figure skater, I don't think she wants to go into the entertainment industry, I think she wants to focus more on her personal life now

Rinkside
    I don't think that she wants to do acting. It seems like she really wants to have "normal" life. I think she will just go to graduate school and do some charity work..
    and based on some of her Korean fans, I feel like they don't want her to be an actress...

Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    ...some entertainment insiders and people within her circles of the sporting world are hinting…
    Ah. "Some insiders" are "hinting."

yeah.. i don't think yuna is interested but it would have been nice to see her doing something outside of skating.. like in korean dramas or romantic comedies.. of course it's different..

#TeamAUS
    Wouldn't blame her if she wanted to leave the life of a star behind for a 'normal' life. Think of all the pressure!

In my wish-world Yuna becomes more and more involved with UNICEF until she takes over as head of the organization, serves a prominent role in the Pyeongchang Olympics and is elected to the International Olympic Committee, builds a hundred more schools in South Sudan -- oh, and gets married and lives happily ever after.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    and is elected to the International Olympic Committee
    Unfortunately the IOC is an extremely corrupt organization that -- in recent years -- tends to bankrupt emerging market communities it gets involved with. Think what's going on with Rio right now, and what happened in Athens.

Little good can come of the flower joining the dragons, and I hope Yuna reconsiders any plans to join the IOC and help further its agenda.

Custom Title
    In my wish-world Yuna becomes more and more involved with UNICEF until she takes over as head of the organization, serves a prominent role in the Pyeongchang Olympics and is elected to the International Olympic Committee, builds a hundred more schools in South Sudan -- oh, and gets married and lives happily ever after.
    Many of those are things I wish for YuNa as well.

She could always show up as a guest cameo in some Korean film or serial, just for fun from time to time--the way Michelle furnished a voice-over for an episode of The Simpsons somewhere along the line. However, I'm sure she'll continue to have plenty of exposure as a model for ads or clothing, maybe a singer, and all the other things she's been doing all along, so she may not want any further ventures in the entertainment/celebrity field.

The public service and personal aspects of life probably seem much more attractive to her at this point. Definitely I hope that the "lives happily ever after" part of your wish comes true for her!

Custom Title
    She's gonna follow in Michelle's footsteps: get her graduate degree, continue her charity and ambassadorship activities, and get married

As long as she can spare some time to younger skaters then definitely. I think her calling is as a mentor. With her resources think what that could mean.

She just applied for the grad school of Korea University and will know the result of the interview next months as I know(?)

Quote Originally Posted by ahy View Post
    She just applied for the grad school of Korea University and will know the result of the interview next months as I know(?)
    I have a feeling she will be accepted.

Custom Title
    I have a feeling she will be accepted.
    Are they really going to reject her though, lol.

Custom Title
    Rumour about acting career doesn't sound very credible. However, if Yuna does want to go into acting, I'm all for it. Whatever makes her happy--be that in the spotlight or out of it. Hopefully she'll continue skating in shows for some time to come.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast