2014-2015 GP predictions | Page 9 | Golden Skate

2014-2015 GP predictions

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
With the cheap shot that USFS give to Mirai, for not having choose her at least for the worlds team, I hope that they will keep her a place at Skate America, it would make sense to me.

flutzy13

On the Ice
With the cheap shot that USFS give to Mirai, for not having choose her at least for the worlds team, I hope that they will keep her a place at Skate America, it would make sense to me.

The only way I see this happening is if she aligns with a coach who the federation respects who pushes them on this issue. Otherwise, I don't see them wanting to dredge up any memory of that bad press at their big fall event.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Mirai has high enough SB to get at least one GP regardless of whether she was at Worlds.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
The only way I see this happening is if she aligns with a coach who the federation respects who pushes them on this issue. Otherwise, I don't see them wanting to dredge up any memory of that bad press at their big fall event.

If they don't choose her and that NHK decide to choose her again, I would find it ugly because it seems that the other federation have more respect about the body of work and achieve that Mirai makes each year. She win at least a medal each season, it's not like that she is not a good skater.
If USFS don't give a host spot for Mirai, I hope that 2 others federations give her a spot, she deserve 2 spots!

flutzy13

On the Ice
If they don't choose her and that NHK decide to choose her again, I would find it ugly because it seems that the other federation have more respect about the body of work and achieve that Mirai makes each year. She win at least a medal each season, it's not like that she is not a good skater.
If USFS don't give a host spot for Mirai, I hope that 2 others federations give her a spot, she deserve 2 spots!

I think Mirai will get 2 spots in the end. I don't expect one will be at SA.

slider11

Medalist
I'd like to see Mirai get NHK and either China (stay in Asia to train between) or Skate Canada. I agree that they will probably keep her out of Skate America and frankly I think that's in Mirai's best interest.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
I'd like to see Mirai get NHK and either China (stay in Asia to train between) or Skate Canada. I agree that they will probably keep her out of Skate America and frankly I think that's in Mirai's best interest.

Yes, I agree, she will be welcome everywhere in the world, it may be an advantage to her to skate in other federations who want to welcome her with open arms :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah with the depleted field it is not a real possibility that Mirai will not get two spots. She will. However, SA will not be one of them.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zhang is not even on the ISU World Rankings list. And as she is 126 on the Seasons Best list, she is not eligible for the GP.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Yes, I agree, she will be welcome everywhere in the world, it may be an advantage to her to skate in other federations who want to welcome her with open arms :)

...you mean other federations who want a soft pick that they know will always underrotate?

YLFan

Match Penalty
I guess my thought process on COR was to keep Yulia away and have Pogo and Sotnikova as picks. This way Yulia and Sotnikova don't have to battle.

mskater93

Record Breaker
The idea is to spread the wealth as much as possible. If Nagasu can get 2 spots from other federations (in all likelihood a very strong probability), then the host pick should go to someone that can't get an event otherwise that USFS thinks *might* warrant the exposure who won't be a major competitor to Gold (who will probably get the seeded 1-3). IOW, Cesario, Miller, Gao, Wang or someone in the top 10 at Nationals last year who skates well over the summer and won't get an event otherwise.

LRK

Record Breaker
I was going to ask - which of the Russian ladies do people here think the Rus fed will choose for their 3 host picks?

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I was going to ask - which of the Russian ladies do people here think the Rus fed will choose for their 3 host picks?

Hard to say. Lipnitskaia or Sotnikova to headline. Then I'm guessing Radionova and then a second tier or Junior like Medvedeva. Maybe even Leonova, since the fed seems to love her (is she retired?).

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Hard to say. Lipnitskaia or Sotnikova to headline. Then I'm guessing Radionova and then a second tier or Junior like Medvedeva. Maybe even Leonova, since the fed seems to love her (is she retired?).
Medvedeva can't compete in Senior GP (not old enough for the new rules), I think they will probably (as you said) choose one from Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, Liza/Pogorilaya (I think one of these two because Radionova could beat Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, and they obviously don't want it) and someone they want to "save", Leonova/Gosviani/Biryukova

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope they let Yulia go elsewhere. She's toured the country since Worlds and basically slaved herself out just to get to the Olympics. I hope they take Pogo/Sot/Tuk. Yulia deserves NHK and I hope she takes it and maybe TEB. Pogo goes to CoR and SC. Russian Nationals is gonna be a bloodbath and maybe the best competition amongst the ladies all year. I see no need to make CoR messy too. :popcorn:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Medvedeva can't compete in Senior GP (not old enough for the new rules), I think they will probably (as you said) choose one from Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, Liza/Pogorilaya (I think one of these two because Radionova could beat Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, and they obviously don't want it) and someone they want to "save", Leonova/Gosviani/Biryukova
Pogo and Lip can't be at the same event.

More like this I think

Lip or Pogo
Sot or Rad
Tuk or Leo