Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 GP predictions

Keeper of the Kweens OGM. MK's Winter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I think Mirai will get 2 spots in the end. I don't expect one will be at SA.
    I think more than likely she will get Japan and Russia.

Custom Title
    I'd like to see Mirai get NHK and either China (stay in Asia to train between) or Skate Canada. I agree that they will probably keep her out of Skate America and frankly I think that's in Mirai's best interest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by slider11 View Post
    I'd like to see Mirai get NHK and either China (stay in Asia to train between) or Skate Canada. I agree that they will probably keep her out of Skate America and frankly I think that's in Mirai's best interest.
    Yes, I agree, she will be welcome everywhere in the world, it may be an advantage to her to skate in other federations who want to welcome her with open arms

Yeah with the depleted field it is not a real possibility that Mirai will not get two spots. She will. However, SA will not be one of them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    With the cheap shot that USFS give to Mirai, for not having choose her at least for the worlds team, I hope that they will keep her a place at Skate America, it would make sense to me.
    Hope she fares better than Zhang.

Custom Title
    Zhang is not even on the ISU World Rankings list. And as she is 126 on the Seasons Best list, she is not eligible for the GP.

Custom Title
    Yes, I agree, she will be welcome everywhere in the world, it may be an advantage to her to skate in other federations who want to welcome her with open arms
    ...you mean other federations who want a soft pick that they know will always underrotate?

V/T will choose China no doubt.

Banned
    I guess my thought process on COR was to keep Yulia away and have Pogo and Sotnikova as picks. This way Yulia and Sotnikova don't have to battle.

If they don't choose her and that NHK decide to choose her again, I would find it ugly because it seems that the other federation have more respect about the body of work and achieve that Mirai makes each year. She win at least a medal each season, it's not like that she is not a good skater.
    If USFS don't give a host spot for Mirai, I hope that 2 others federations give her a spot, she deserve 2 spots!
    The idea is to spread the wealth as much as possible. If Nagasu can get 2 spots from other federations (in all likelihood a very strong probability), then the host pick should go to someone that can't get an event otherwise that USFS thinks *might* warrant the exposure who won't be a major competitor to Gold (who will probably get the seeded 1-3). IOW, Cesario, Miller, Gao, Wang or someone in the top 10 at Nationals last year who skates well over the summer and won't get an event otherwise.

I was going to ask - which of the Russian ladies do people here think the Rus fed will choose for their 3 host picks?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    I was going to ask - which of the Russian ladies do people here think the Rus fed will choose for their 3 host picks?
    Hard to say. Lipnitskaia or Sotnikova to headline. Then I'm guessing Radionova and then a second tier or Junior like Medvedeva. Maybe even Leonova, since the fed seems to love her (is she retired?).

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Hard to say. Lipnitskaia or Sotnikova to headline. Then I'm guessing Radionova and then a second tier or Junior like Medvedeva. Maybe even Leonova, since the fed seems to love her (is she retired?).
    Medvedeva can't compete in Senior GP (not old enough for the new rules), I think they will probably (as you said) choose one from Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, Liza/Pogorilaya (I think one of these two because Radionova could beat Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, and they obviously don't want it) and someone they want to "save", Leonova/Gosviani/Biryukova

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I hope they let Yulia go elsewhere. She's toured the country since Worlds and basically slaved herself out just to get to the Olympics. I hope they take Pogo/Sot/Tuk. Yulia deserves NHK and I hope she takes it and maybe TEB. Pogo goes to CoR and SC. Russian Nationals is gonna be a bloodbath and maybe the best competition amongst the ladies all year. I see no need to make CoR messy too.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    Medvedeva can't compete in Senior GP (not old enough for the new rules), I think they will probably (as you said) choose one from Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, Liza/Pogorilaya (I think one of these two because Radionova could beat Lipnitskaya/Sotnikova, and they obviously don't want it) and someone they want to "save", Leonova/Gosviani/Biryukova
    Pogo and Lip can't be at the same event.

More like this I think

Lip or Pogo
    Sot or Rad
    Tuk or Leo

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast