Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 GP predictions

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    And oh yeah, they invited Mao Asada last year who beat Ashley.
    Again at the time she was perceived to be the weakest of the top 3 seeds, especialy considering Mao isnt usually an early season skater (this season was an exception). Who were they going to invite if they wanted Wagner to have a chance of winning, Yu Na Kim, LOL!

For dance, once the 2011/12 points are removed, the top 26 will look like this :-

1 4330 Meryl DAVIS / Charlie WHITE
    2 3990 Tessa VIRTUE / Scott MOIR
    3 3495 Ekaterina BOBROVA / Dmitri SOLOVIEV
    4 3462 Anna CAPPELLINI / Luca LANOTTE
    5 3370 Kaitlyn WEAVER / Andrew POJE
    6 3250 Nathalie PECHALAT / Fabian BOURZAT
    7 2911 Elena ILINYKH / Nikita KATSALAPOV
    8 2643 Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES
    9 2394 Nelli ZHIGANSHINA / Alexander GAZSI
    10 2236 Madison HUBBELL / Zachary DONOHUE
    11 2217 Maia SHIBUTANI / Alex SHIBUTANI
    12 2192 Ekaterina RIAZANOVA / Ilia TKACHENKO
    13 2184 Piper GILLES / Paul POIRIER
    14 2182 Penny COOMES / Nicholas BUCKLAND
    15 2163 Julia ZLOBINA / Alexei SITNIKOV
    16 1957 Gabriella PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON
    17 1844 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
    18 1750 Pernelle CARRON / Lloyd JONES
    19 1630 Nicole ORFORD / Thomas WILLIAMS
    20 1621 Victoria SINITSINA / Ruslan ZHIGANSHIN
    21 1599 Alexandra ALDRIDGE / Daniel EATON
    22 1524 Kaitlin HAWAYEK / Jean-Luc BAKER
    23 1509 Cathy REED / Chris REED
    24 1463 Tanja KOLBE / Stefano CARUSO
    25 1394 Ksenia MONKO / Kirill KHALIAVIN
    26 1386 Anna YANOVSKAYA / Sergey MOZGOV

Bad news for Carron/Jones, as they fall behind Papadakis/Cizeron
    I suspect there will be an almighty battle between these 2 couples to establish themselves as the number 1 French couple (assuming that CJ continue)
    Sadly Papadakis/Cizeron failed to make the impact on the senior ranks that the hype predicted.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    I think Yulia is going to be NHK bound!

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    I hope Ivan Righini will get one spot, he needs to raise his reputation and confronts himself with the best skaters if he wants to finish good at Euros (mainly)

On the Ice
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but...are Meryl and Charlie retiring or do they plan to continue next season? Next year GPF is in my city (yaaayy!! ) and I'd like to know if they will take part in next year GP circuit. I'll go anyway, of course! I've managed to see Tessa and Scott live at this season TEB and it would be great to be able to see the Americans at least once

Quote Originally Posted by FS_rrb View Post
    Sorry if this has already been discussed but...are Meryl and Charlie retiring or do they plan to continue next season? Next year GPF is in my city (yaaayy!! ) and I'd like to know if they will take part in next year GP circuit. I'll go anyway, of course! I've managed to see Tessa and Scott live at this season TEB and it would be great to be able to see the Americans at least once
    It is assumed they are retiring but they are still mum on their plans or lack thereof.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Again at the time she was perceived to be the weakest of the top 3 seeds, especialy considering Mao isnt usually an early season skater (this season was an exception). Who were they going to invite if they wanted Wagner to have a chance of winning, Yu Na Kim, LOL!
    Well they did invite Yuna Kim in 2009 when she was the reigning world champion....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    It is assumed they are retiring but they are still mum on their plans or lack thereof.
    I still wish D/W had gone to Worlds and won a 3rd title. It would have been a cakewalk judging by who won to be honest and DWTS isn't going to keep their 15 minutes of fame going much longer. So why not add to their legacy and win another title?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I think Yulia is going to be NHK bound!
    Hopefully! The crowds there love her. Although, the judges will also be harder on her flutz -- which perhaps she can get sorted out next season.

I'd love for Julia to be the next skater after Mao to win every one of the Grand Prix events.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I still wish D/W had gone to Worlds and won a 3rd title. It would have been a cakewalk judging by who won to be honest and DWTS isn't going to keep their 15 minutes of fame going much longer. So why not add to their legacy and win another title?
    They might have felt they didn't have much to prove. And they don't. DWTS is a unique opportunity and it builds their brand in front of American audiences considerably more. A 3rd World title in a cakewalk of a Worlds isn't extending their legacy when it was a given that they would win.

Rinkside
    For Canada (sorry for my bad english)
    Do not make the same mistake with Nam Nguyen as you did with Patrick. It is wrong to tell a boy so young that it is the best. It is not good neither for him nor for Canada. This boy needs competition in his country. You have, and you've had on Kevin and you laughed at him. Big mistake. This boy had no money has ever had Patrick. Yet he performed as he could. And what performance! I think he is training himself. His coach.... If you would have appreciated more, than he and Patrick were unbeatable that would have competed with each of them in the country. No one would have said that Patrick is overrated and nobody would be allowed to underestimate Kevin abroad. When Patrick is not in the mood to skate how are you ? Then hope that Kevin does something. May last for several years. Until a new generation comes stronger be more supporters with him. Surely he will appreciate and will serve until then.

skating philosopher
    Not to mention that they seem to be having a lot of fun and enjoying the experience! Meryl, in particular. I think they both knew they gave it their all at the Olympics and knew it would be difficult to peak again. I think they value preserving integrity when they perform, so they probably didn't want to do a subpar performance at Worlda, even if they would have won easily.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexRus View Post
    Did you see JrWorlds Champion Nam Nguyen at Worlds? Not so good result.
    Something about this - Pitkeev at Senior Internationals.
    At JGP he may pretend to Medal of Final.
    At 15 Nam is younger than a number of those in junior and very young for senior mens ( judging by those who were before him at worlds) so I dont think his result at worlds was bad for his age.
    In fact it was likely beyond his expectations. He may have a quad bynext year and I am told is a consistent skater so who knows.

Custom Title
    Brian Orser wanted Nam in the top 15, top 12 ideally. And that goal was met. They both have gotta be very happy with that. He's 15... top 12 is a GREAT result for him. I do recall reading that Nam will work on a quad over the summer, as mentioned, so we'll see if he has that ready for next season.

Custom Title
    Let's not forget that after the last competition of the year is over (this weekend), the ISU will scrub the World Rankings, removing the 2011-2012 data, and the 2012-2013 data will be reduced to 70% of its current value. That could affect the standings of skaters/teams in the top 24 who have scored most of their high points in years prior to the current season but for some reason did not compete or had limited success in the current season.

Also, there are some junior skaters who potentially could move up to the GP but may prefer to continue in the JGP.

The new age rules require that skaters must be 15 by July 1st to compete in the GP.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast