Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 GP predictions

Banned
    I think Yulia should do China, COR, NHK.

Radionova to win SA. Pogorilaya to win Canada. Adelina to win France.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post

Radionova to win SA. Pogorilaya to win Canada.
    not happening

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    not happening
    Let's see....because Radionova is infinitely more consistent and interesting to watch than Gold?

Custom Title
    not happening
    True. USFSA would never allow any skater who could beat Gold to compete against her in the first place.

Radionova could reel off 7 triples in her sleep and has beaten Gold last season fresh out of juniors. Gold lands her 3-3 and then bombs her lip or axel... not good enough.

If you recall, Radionova made the GPF while a certain American girl failed to qualify... and I ain't talking about Wagner.

Custom Title
    [/U] But RAdionva is young and growing and puberty could kill her chances faster than Johnny Weir changes into some outrageous outfit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    True. USFSA would never allow any skater who could beat Gold to compete against her in the first place.

Radionova could reel off 7 triples in her sleep and has beaten Gold last season fresh out of juniors. Gold lands her 3-3 and then bombs her lip or axel... not good enough.

If you recall, Radionova made the GPF while a certain American girl failed to qualify... and I ain't talking about Wagner.
    pot calling keetle black ?

Pogorilaya not even Gracie can win SC
    because its all fixed for Osmond to hype her mounting comeback
    that's a moot anyways as Skate Canada will make sure Osmond will have little competition as possible

Custom Title
    Well if you agree SA is rigged for Gracie I'll agree SC is rigged for Osmond.

Custom Title
    SC will have to pick Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaya or Gold as their first seed. Any of those will pose competition for Osmond. Anyway, it's likely that the seeds themselves will have made their preferences known so SC won't really have any say on the top seed. My guess is SC will pick Park as the second seed (if they can get her).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    [/U] But RAdionva is young and growing and puberty could kill her chances faster than Johnny Weir changes into some outrageous outfit.
    I know faster than the glorious Omsond who lasted only two GP events in 2011
    who cant stop falling 2 or 3 times in the FS

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Is there any links to provide us with insight on how the GP selections are made. I've been searching for a resource to understand it better. Thank you Chuckm for your insight...you have much knowledge

Custom Title
    There aren't any links existing any more, but I can give a quick rundown of how it works. Please note that the actual selection rules are what was in existence at the last GP. Those rules may have changed for this year. Because of the number of retirements and splits, there are many vacancies in the top 12 at Worlds and there may be new rules as to how that will be handled. However, the methods will probably always be the same (order of selection, drawing lots).

1. HOST PICKS

Host picks come first. Each host selects three of its own skaters/teams in each discipline. Some of these may be seeded skaters.

After the host picks, the actual selection rounds begin. Every selection round begins with the hosts drawing lots to determine which host gets the first selection.

2. SEED SELECTION (1-3)

The top seeds have previously been allowed to name the events they would prefer. The only restriction on this is if another top seed has been selected as a host pick, that preference cannot be satisfied because only one top seed is permitted per event. Each host country selects one top seed; the hosts will honor the seeds' preferences. Any host who has picked a top seed as a host pick will not participate in the selection round.

3. SEED SELECTION (4-6)

Each host country selects one seed; any host who has picked a seed as a host pick will not participate in the selection round.

4. TOP 12 WORLDS 2014 (7-9)

Each host country selects one skater/team from the 7-9 finishers at 2014 Worlds

5. TOP 12 WORLDS 2014 (10-12)

Each host country selects one skater/team from the 10-12 finishers at Worlds.

6. RETURNING SKATERS (e.g. Korpi, Kavaguti/Smirnov)

Each host country selects skaters/teams previously placed in the top 6 at Worlds over the past 3 seasons who have been absent from competition

7. TOP 24 WORLD RANKING

Each host country selects skaters/ teams from the top 24 on the ISU World Ranking list who have not already been selected

8. TOP 24 SEASONS BEST

Each host country selects skaters/ teams from the top 24 on the Seasons Best Total Scores list who have not already been selected

9. OTHER

(Depending on number of slots available) Each host country selects skaters/teams who have medaled at JW/JGPF or teams who have placed top 6 at a previous Worlds who have split and reteamed.

A little confusing, not your write up but the process, and very complicated. Those World Rankings and World Championship placements mean so much!! Thank you for taking the time to explain it

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I think Lipnitskaya choosing Skate America would be hilarious. Literally Plus it might kick off the whole USA vs RUSSIA thing with a bang. Even if she doesn't win I'd still respect Yulia for having the gumption to attack Gracie's home event when she could. At some point she is going to likely end up here so...lets get it on!! Honestly as a big fan of hers....I wouldn't be surprised if she did something like that although and maybe unfortunately it's highly unlikely. I see NHK in her future and maybe TEB? I can't wait any longer!!! Must know

If Lipnitskaya did choose SA isn't there still a likelihood that NHK would select her to invite based on her popularity in Japan. Maybe a risk worthy of consideration, maybe not Honestly I just want her away from CoR
    Is it just coincidence that in the two years she's been on the senior GP she's gone to COC and TEB one year and then SC and COR the next?And since she gets to pick wouldn't she go for SA and NKH this year? In three years she would have attended all seven GP events.

Nevermind, I just read about the host picks. But does Gracie move up to top 1-3 seeds or is she still considered 4-6 because that's where she placed?

It appears Gracie and Yulia will not meet until at least GPF..assuming both make it.

World rankings I think are the top seeds not World Championship finish. Yulia can make her preference be known that she wants S/A but my guess is she will want NHK.

Custom Title
    I know faster than the glorious Omsond who lasted only two GP events in 2011
    who cant stop falling 2 or 3 times in the FS
    for the love of god shut up!!!

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast