Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2014-2015 GP predictions

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    What what?? Edmonds> Pogo and Wagner

I'm not sure about that. Willing to be convinced.

Which US ladies from the JGP circuit might be moving up to the senior Grand Prix this year if any, other than Polina? Karen Chen, Hannah Miller, Leah Keiser, Barbie Long, Ashley Cain, etc? Will we see some of these ladies retire or take a step back?

Also, has Christina Gao retired?

(Maybe this could actually be a separate thread)

Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    Which US ladies from the JGP circuit might be moving up to the senior Grand Prix this year if any, other than Polina? Karen Chen, Hannah Miller, Leah Keiser, Barbie Long, Ashley Cain, etc? Will we see some of these ladies retire or take a step back?

Also, has Christina Gao retired?

(Maybe this could actually be a separate thread)
    Karen Chen is too young, as are all the Russian ladies from jgpf. Ashley xCain will mov up I think.

What about Zawadzki? After her disastrous Nationals and not having competed in 4CC/Sochi/Worlds, will she get any GP?

In search of a summer sport to love <3 desertskates's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    What about Zawadzki? After her disastrous Nationals and not having competed in 4CC/Sochi/Worlds, will she get any GP?
    I'm wondering about her, too. As much as I think it would make sense to retire, given her family's financial situation, I would like to see her have a good showing or two and leave the sport satisfied when she is ready to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by desertskates View Post
    I'm wondering about her, too. As much as I think it would make sense to retire, given her family's financial situation, I would like to see her have a good showing or two and leave the sport satisfied when she is ready to do so.
    Exactly! She's never really had a very good competition (I mean both SP and FS) in her Senior career, and she looks to me as if she never really fulfilled her potential...

Custom Title
    I doubt it- wasn't she 10th or 11th at Nationals? I don't see her getting the SA host pick and I don't think anything she did internationally puts her in the mix. Then again Zhang got SA for 2 years so what do I know?

I'm torn between feeling bad given her situation and feeling like she got many chances, capitalized on none and its time to let other people like Cain, Miller etc. have a shot. Watching her face at Nationals though was terribly sad and it was at least, in part, USFS's fault as they created unrealistic Olympic expectations by holding her up for years.

Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I doubt it- wasn't she 10th or 11th at Nationals? I don't see her getting the SA host pick and I don't think anything she did internationally puts her in the mix. Then again Zhang got SA for 2 years so what do I know?

I'm torn between feeling bad given her situation and feeling like she got many chances, capitalized on none and its time to let other people like Cain, Miller etc. have a shot.
    I feel both. The USFSA BADLY wanted to give her a break and she basically destroyed her own opportunities. Like, she was inexplicably a USFSA darling... they VASTLY prefered her to, say, Nagasu, despite the fact that Nagasu at her worst was scoring what Agnes at her best scored internationally (this remains true). Their weird favoritism for her really bothered me given, well, REALITY (and still does) but it's safe to say that's over now... so I don't really know what to think.

Custom Title
    If Zawadzki gets one, I'll happily sit here with my "#LUKASWUZROBBED" sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    ^I think Gracie fell on her 3f in her FS at US Nats....Polina too.
    Hand down, no fall

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Hand down, no fall
    Yup. It's still a major error and she fell in every other competition of last season. I think under Carroll she will have improved consistency this season but her jumps weren't looking as high towards the end of the season. If she keeps her 3-3 as consistent she will still be in the mix, but will need to up her game to have a shot at winning the GPF (if she makes it there) or Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    The seeding is based on finish at Worlds 2014, also assuming that Asada and Kostner do not do the GP in the coming season.

Worlds 2014:

1. Asada (not doing GP)
    2. LIPNITSKAIA #1 Seed
    3. Kostner (not doing GP)
    4. POGORILAYA #2 Seed
    5. GOLD #3 Seed
    6. Suzuki (retired)
    7. WAGNER #4 Seed
    8. EDMUNDS #5 Seed
    9. PARK #6 Seed

If USFS host-picks Gold for Skate America, Lipnitskaia can't go there because an event can have only one seed from the 1-3 group. By the same token, if Russia host-picks Lipnitskaia or Pogorilaya for CoR, then Gold can't go there----but Wagner or Edmunds can, because they are in the 4-6 group.
    With Worlds 2014 deciding the seeding -- how does Adelina fit into this if she chooses to skate the GP circuit? Will she have be to invited by one of the events?

Quote Originally Posted by jkun View Post
    With Worlds 2014 deciding the seeding -- how does Adelina fit into this if she chooses to skate the GP circuit? Will she have be to invited by one of the events?
    No. She is in the top 25 Seasons best scores and she is in the top 25 ranked skaters overall. She is guaranteed 1 event and would doubtless get two. She just is not seeded.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Sorry if I am the last to know, but I see that the ISU World Standings now reflect the weighting of 100% for 2013-2014 + 70% for 2012-2013.

[A tweet from @RichardDornbush gave me the impression that the standings were newly updated? (ETA, I meant that based on the tweet alone, I could not be sure whether the updating from the previous day was the first unveiling of the rankings with the adjusted weighting.)]

Medalist
    Radionova will sweeeeep all

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast