Russian Nationals Elder Age 02-05 April 2014 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian Nationals Elder Age 02-05 April 2014

hanca

Record Breaker
Most Russian coach's can't teach axel technique well other than Mishin and Volchkova. Look at Tutberidze's students such as Julia and Medvedeva, neither have great 2A technique. You need to stop picking on Goncharenko because her students are a threat to your favourites.

I agree that sky_fly20 is picking on Goncharenko, but I don't think anyone takes sky_fly20 seriously, after sky_fly20's frequently picking on skaters' size and weight.

I disagree that most Russian coaches can't teach axel technique well. The posters are complaining that the 2A of many Russian skaters is too low , but that's the technique you use when you are planning to add 3T after the 2A. And most Russians skaters use this combination. If you do high or huge 2A, it is much harder to add the 3T because you need much more control on the landing of the 2A. Take notice Mao Asada at worlds this year. She landed beautiful 3A in her FS, but when she was supposed to do 2A-3T she messed up the 2A and the 3T did not happen. The same with Gracie Gold in the FS - planned 2A-3T, but the 3T did not happen. If 2A is huge, it is VERY hard to add 3T. I am not saying impossible, but far too risky. If the 2A is low, as long as it is fully rotated, it is counted, so why make it huge and risk the success of the combination?

hanca

Record Breaker
Alex, when will we know who made the Russian team for the next season? I am curious what they do with Korobeynikova, Gosviani etc. Will they put them in Reserve, or will Korobeynikova end up completely off the team? And what about skaters like Stavitskaya and Gerasimova who were injured for most of the season?

Country
Russia
Alex, when will we know who made the Russian team for the next season? I am curious what they do with Korobeynikova, Gosviani etc. Will they put them in Reserve, or will Korobeynikova end up completely off the team? And what about skaters like Stavitskaya and Gerasimova who were injured for most of the season?
Nobody knows.

At about 15 May (most probably) will be published official info about Team Russia for season 2014/2015.
As we know from previous seasons, some points may look as paradox. Stronger skater in lower part and so.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
What's wrong with Volchkova's group? Istomina couldn't compete with top girls in the recent competitions.

Don't mean to be offensive on their team, but there must be a problem. I understand Korobeynikova and Sherhak grew so tall, but they lost a lot from their previous forms. Is it just result of growing so tall? And Biryukova never held it together to be competitive inside Russia.

So sad. I was happy to see Volchkova's students strong when Korobeynikova was 4th at Euros.

hanca

Record Breaker
What's wrong with Volchkova's group? Istomina couldn't compete with top girls in the recent competitions.

Don't mean to be offensive on their team, but there must be a problem. I understand Korobeynikova and Sherhak grew so tall, but they lost a lot from their previous forms. Is it just result of growing so tall? And Biryukova never held it together to be competitive inside Russia.

So sad. I was happy to see Volchkova's students strong when Korobeynikova was 4th at Euros.

I don't know if anything is going with Volchkova's group, but with Korobeynikova and Sherhak, not only they grew so tall, but their body went through puberty. When Korobeynikova was 4th at Euros, she had completely flat (pre-puberty) body, but she is the same age as Adelina and Adelina has been struggling with puberty the last 2-3 years. Only this last season Adelina become slightly more consistent. But Adelina has huge jumps whereas Polina has always been slightly tentative and changing her body made it much more difficult. Shershak is even taller than Polina and she really has curves. I think she has no chance now to get it anywhere. And unlike the others, she doesn't even have all her triples. In regards to Biryukova, she was never consistent and never at the same level as the majority Russian ladies (at least the top 10 at Russian nationals) are.