Savchenko and Massot team up | Golden Skate

Savchenko and Massot team up

evangeline

Record Breaker
:eek:

Are they skating for France, Germany or Ukraine?

Savchenko has skated with Szolkowy so long I really can't imagine her with anyone else.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
'I want to win the gold medal at the 2018 Olympics. And I'm going to do it with Bruno. I'm very glad to have a chance to skate with such a partner.

Massot became only the 15th in the world championship? It means nothing. Robin Szolkowy was also only the 10th, and I was Junior World Champion when our couple was formed.

Why I did not choosen German skater? There're no strong skaters in Germany" - said Savchenko.

Snow63

Record Breaker
:eek:

Are they skating for France, Germany or Ukraine?

Savchenko has skated with Szolkowy so long I really can't imagine her with anyone else.

They haven't decided yet. Germany or France.

evangeline

Record Breaker
They haven't decided yet. Germany or France.

France is the more powerful federation, but I hope they skate for Germany instead. The last thing they need is Didier Gailhaguet interfering with their training like he did with Papadakis/Cizeron, etc.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Amazing that she found someone so quickly. I suppose male pairs skaters are much easier to come by in Europe than in North America?

evangeline

Record Breaker
Amazing she found someone so quickly. I suppose male pairs are much easier to come by in Europe than North America?

Well, I'm sure many, many male pairs skaters are willing to skate with someone as talented and famous as 5-time world champion and 2-time Olympic medalist Aliona Savchenko. Other less-decorated female pairs skaters would probably have a much more difficult time finding someone so quickly.

Snow63

Record Breaker
I wonder if they will ever win anything big. Probably not :)

V/T want to go to 2018 Olympics too, don't they?

elee63

Final Flight
he's a good looking chap. Anyone know his previous history in terms of international competition?

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I totally don't get it. There is no better moment to stop her career than now. Anyway, good luck to her and congrats France! I wonder what Morgan&Cipres are thinking. So can Aliona become French just like that, when she changed nationality once before? (Doesn't matter for Worlds, but Olympics is another issue)

elee63

Final Flight
Is a thing, for someone to have to take a year off, when they switch nationalities? I think I heard it somewhere, but can't be sure

Mirunna

Record Breaker
That really kind of bothers me. That she'd just dump Germany like that.

What did Germany do for her? I recall an interview where she said they receive basically nothing from the federation. She so far brought to Germany 5 world titles and 2 Olympic bronze medals. I won't judge her for wanting to represent a country that actually gives a c*** about their skaters.

BlackPack

Medalist
She'll be 34 in 2018. S/Z were even older if I recall correctly. I will reserve judgement for now

Yes, but S&Z had better nerves and were more consistent. And they've been to 4 Olympics together, not with other partners.

whatif

Medalist
LMFAO. Good luck Aliona. Or better yet seek some help with this obsession. I also like how she shaded Robin with that "he was 10th placer before me" comment. :no: