Savchenko and Massot team up | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Savchenko and Massot team up

Duality

On the Ice
It' s ok if she wants to continue but I doubt very much that she will get gold or any other olympic medal.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
According to German newspaper Bild, they will be skating for France:

http://www.bild.de/sport/wintersport/aljona-sawtschenko/wird-franzoesin-35713658.bild.html

Apparently, Aljona didn't want to change countries again - she wanted to stay with Germany. But the French Federation realised that this was going to be a winning partnership, and hence wanted them to skate for France. So, they refused to release Bruno. In the end, the German Federation agreed to release Aljona.

There are a few paragraphs towards the end about Ingo which I need help translating. It is talking about the German Federation not paying Ingo, but I couldn't work out if they were saying that he was going to France too or not.

What I could pick up is that Aljona and Bruno will be performing together in Korea on 1st May (i.e. this Thursday)

Thank you to Marina (one of my Ukrainian friends) for posting the link to Facebook.

CaroLiza_fan

orangella96

Final Flight
There are a few paragraphs towards the end about Ingo which I need help translating. It is talking about the German Federation not paying Ingo, but I couldn't work out if they were saying that he was going to France too or not.

CaroLiza_fan

It says that the French would be ready to pay for Ingo's work, other than the German who are not allowed to.
And at the very end it states that if the German Federation would change their mind and start paying Steuer they'd consider skating for Germany and even accept the twe year ban from international competitions

:)

Nocturne

On the Ice
According to German newspaper Bild, they will be skating for France:

http://www.bild.de/sport/wintersport/aljona-sawtschenko/wird-franzoesin-35713658.bild.html

Apparently, Aljona didn't want to change countries again - she wanted to stay with Germany. But the French Federation realised that this was going to be a winning partnership, and hence wanted them to skate for France. So, they refused to release Bruno. In the end, the German Federation agreed to release Aljona.

What I could pick up is that Aljona and Bruno will be performing together in Korea on 1st May (i.e. this Thursday)

Thank you to Marina (one of my Ukrainian friends) for posting the link to Facebook.

CaroLiza_fan

The article is saying that that Ingo can't be paid with official funds because he had been spying on others for the Stasi in the GDR. But the French would pay him to coach the new team for France, so it's very tempting for him and he will most likely do it. But he also says that if the German officials would change their thinking and stop refusing to pay him, they would rethink the decision. Aliona says that if that happened,if Ingo would be paid by Germany she would stay there and even accept the two-year ban from competition.

So basically, this means the decision to skate for France could change again because it depends on money and salary. But right now, going to France is the likeliest option.
I can understand it. I mean why would you wait 2 years to compete and train without any funding and support, if you can have only a 1 year ban and get official fundings, when you skate for France?

Nocturne

On the Ice
But I would wait until there is a final official decision and more than one boulevard newspaper reports about it.
Die Bild is not a very serious newspaper so I wouldnt take every word as undeniably true ;)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
It says that the French would be ready to pay for Ingo's work, other than the German who are not allowed to.
And at the very end it states that if the German Federation would change their mind and start paying Steuer they'd consider skating for Germany and even accept the twe year ban from international competitions

:)

The article is saying that that Ingo can't be paid with official funds because he had been spying on others for the Stasi in the GDR. But the French would pay him to coach the new team for France, so it's very tempting for him and he will most likely do it. But he also says that if the German officials would change their thinking and stop refusing to pay him, they would rethink the decision. Aliona says that if that happened,if Ingo would be paid by Germany she would stay there and even accept the two-year ban from competition.

So basically, this means the decision to skate for France could change again because it depends on money and salary. But right now, going to France is the likeliest option.
I can understand it. I mean why would you wait 2 years to compete and train without any funding and support, if you can have only a 1 year ban and get official fundings, when you skate for France?

Thank you both for your replies!!! :bow:

So, basically, it's all down to who is willing to pay Ingo.

Well, given that the German Federation have refused to have anything to do with Ingo the whole time Aljona and Robin were working with him, I can't see them changing their mind now. Especially now that neither of the skaters he is working with is of German birth.

So, rather than funding an aging partnership with a coach they don't like, I can see the German Federation instead throwing everything into their young up-and-coming partnership of Prölß/Blommaert. Well, that is assuming that Ruben gets German citizenship...

Although it is not ideal for Aljona to change allegiance again, the France option does seem more plausible at the moment.

Get proper payment, get back to competition sooner... is there any choice?!

But I would wait until there is a final official decision and more than one boulevard newspaper reports about it.
Die Bild is not a very serious newspaper so I wouldnt take every word as undeniably true ;)

Ah, well being in the UK, I don't really know the quality of reporting in the different German newspapers, or how much you can trust them. I just know the names! :laugh:

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe. (Ich spreche ein bißchen Deutsch, aber es ist nicht so gut!)

CaroLiza_fan

orangella96

Final Flight
Ah, well being in the UK, I don't really know the quality of reporting in the different German newspapers, or how much you can trust them. I just know the names! :laugh:

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe. (Ich spreche ein bißchen Deutsch, aber es ist nicht so gut!)

CaroLiza_fan

Haha, don't worry some Germans can't even speak proper :laugh:
Technically you can rely on every German newspaper except for BILD. They're known to make everything overly dramatic and stuff. ;)

But you're right basically it depends on who pays Ingo. That's very unlikely to be Germany even though after the Olympics they thought about changing that.
Still very unlikely.

Pamigena

Record Breaker
I'd say BILD is pretty much the German version of The Sun (if that comparison is of any help :biggrin:)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'd say BILD is pretty much the German version of The Sun (if that comparison is of any help :biggrin:)

So, exactly what orangella96 said then - you can't trust it at all!!! ;) :biggrin:

OK, so maybe I am being a bit unfair with that statement I just made. Let's face it, these days you can't trust any of the British newspapers! :laugh:

But, getting back on subject, whoever they represent, I really hope things go well for Aljona and Bruno. It would be a real travesty if, after all the success she has had with Robin, this partnership didn't work out for Aljona.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Sorry, I meant to post this earlier and forgot.

A girl I am very friendly with is going to be on a report on Landermagazin on MDR Saxony at some stage between 19:00 CET and 19:30 CET.

In other words, it's on NOW!!!

The reason I bring it to your attention is that she works for Ingo Steur, and might be shedding a bit of light on what is going on.

So, could somebody in Germany please watch it and let us know if what Anni is talking about is relevant?

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
If she still wants to compete, then she should. You have to be an athlete to understand that. Not everyone wants to go out on top, or cash out on success. I think Massot's a solid partner whose partnership was possibly held back by Popova's unfortunate injuries.

Rather than criticizing Aliona for still trying to achieve a personal goal, we should welcome the prospective of a new partnership. The fact that she can make a change, and still wants to do this, is actually pretty admirable. Can't knock her until we see the pair actually skate.

Meoima

Match Penalty
If she still wants to compete, then she should. You have to be an athlete to understand that. Not everyone wants to go out on top, or cash out on success. I think Massot's a solid partner whose partnership was possibly held back by Popova's unfortunate injuries.
Rather than criticizing Aliona for still trying to achieve a personal goal, we should welcome the prospective of a new partnership. The fact that she can make a change, and still wants to do this, is actually pretty admirable. Can't knock her until we see the pair actually skate.
I think both Aliona and Plushy got Fumie syndrome in Japan. But well, we can't deny they are great. I wish them the best anyways.

As for me, Aliona stays! Yes! More horrendous costumes for us to witness! She might even change costumes 3-4 times a season. :popcorn: I mean, no worst costumes list could be completed without Aliona! :biggrin:

I take pity on the judges, though. They must have been extremely happy to think that they would never have to bear her ideas for costumes again. Then BOM! She comes back! :unsure:

orangella96

Final Flight

A girl I am very friendly with is going to be on a report on Landermagazin on MDR Saxony at some stage between 19:00 CET and 19:30 CET.

In other words, it's on NOW!!!

The reason I bring it to your attention is that she works for Ingo Steur, and might be shedding a bit of light on what is going on.

So, could somebody in Germany please watch it and let us know if what Anni is talking about is relevant?

Thank you

CaroLiza_fan

Unfortunately you posted it too late. The part about Aliona must've been right at 19:00....
I'll try to find it in their mediathek though :)

As for me, Aliona stays! Yes! More horrendous costumes for us to witness! She might even change costumes 3-4 times a season. I mean, now worst costume list could be completed without Aliona!

I take pity on the judges, though. They must have been extremely happy to think that they would never have to bear her idea of costumes again. Then BOM! She comes back!

You made me laugh so hard :laugh: :rofl:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Unfortunately you posted it too late. The part about Aliona must've been right at 19:00....
I'll try to find it in their mediathek though :)

I thought I might have been too late. But, it was worth a try, just in case.

I had completely forgotten about it until I signed into Facebook after dinner, and it suddenly came back to me. But my Dad was watching the news by then, so I couldn't go searching for the channel on the satellite receiver to record it.

For all I know, she might be talking about something totally unrelated. She wasn't giving anything away on Facebook - she just posted a photo of herself with the MDR microphone rinkside. But, I thought I would tell you about it just in case it was an official announcement

Sorry again.

CaroLiza_fan

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I think both Aliona and Plushy got Fumie syndrome in Japan. But well, we can't deny they are great. I wish them the best anyways.

As for me, Aliona stays! Yes! More horrendous costumes for us to witness! She might even change costumes 3-4 times a season. :popcorn: I mean, no worst costumes list could be completed without Aliona! :biggrin:

I take pity on the judges, though. They must have been extremely happy to think that they would never have to bear her ideas for costumes again. Then BOM! She comes back! :unsure:
:laugh: Go Aliona! Go Aliona's costumes, for that matter! Who else would dress up as clowns for the Olympics? At the very least, she'll keep the judges awake (awake = more chance they'll do their jobs, hopefully?)

Gotta ask though, when did Plush go to Japan? I know he's planning to go but he hasn't been there between Sochi and now, has he? :confused: (And let's face it, he's been doing this comeback thing since 2006. If anything, Fumie went to Russia and caught Plush's bug).

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
For all I know, she might be talking about something totally unrelated. She wasn't giving anything away on Facebook - she just posted a photo of herself with the MDR microphone rinkside. But, I thought I would tell you about it just in case it was an official announcement.

Just went back to Anni's Facebook page. And judging by the 2 posts she has put up in the past half hour (a photo and a location), it WAS an official announcement!

https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net...717_815445098484025_5798734567899335135_n.jpg

No more details as yet... but when I come across some, I'll let you know! ;)

CaroLiza_fan

Meoima

Match Penalty
:laugh: Go Aliona! Go Aliona's costumes, for that matter! Who else would dress up as clowns for the Olympics? At the very least, she'll keep the judges awake (awake = more chance they'll do their jobs, hopefully?)
Gotta ask though, when did Plush go to Japan? I know he's planning to go but he hasn't been there between Sochi and now, has he? :confused: (And let's face it, he's been doing this comeback thing since 2006. If anything, Fumie went to Russia and caught Plush's bug).
Well, Aliona and Robin's costumes also kept me awake, too. I know that Robin was just the hot victim here, so good for him to finally get out. :biggrin: Maybe he decided it's time for him to wear the outfit that can make him look as handsome as he actually is, not those that makes him look like a clown. :biggrin:

As for Plushy, I think the only different between he and Fumie is he is a real contender. :)

But well, he and Aliona are still one of the greats, despite their age, we can't write them off so soon. I hope they will show the world that they still have some tricks. I bet they have.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Well, Aliona and Robin's costumes also kept me awake, too. I know that Robin was just the hot victim here, so good for him to finally get out. :biggrin: Maybe he decided it's time for him to wear the outfit that can make him look as handsome as he actually is, not those that makes him look like a clown. :biggrin:

As for Plushy, I think the only different between he and Fumie is he is a real contender. :)

But well, he and Aliona are still one of the greats, despite their age, we can't write them off so soon. I hope they will show the world that they still have some tricks. I bet they have.
It literally was a clown, not just "made him look like a clown," lol.

That's the problem I have with the Fumie Syndrome label. What does it mean? Staying past your prime? Continuously trying to make comebacks? Keep competing even though there's no chance, but you still think you can win OGM? Because if it includes the last, then we can't describe Plush or Aliona as having Fumie Syndrome. You can be sure Plush isn't going to wander around unable to get out of regionals (and he knows he's not gonna win another OGM), and Aliona isn't going to either unless Massot skates like a wet dishrag.

Pamigena

Record Breaker

I found a 2 minute report from that program online, but I'm not sure it's what you were looking for (or expected?) :) didn't see your friend anywhere...
Ingo talks about how Aljona wants to win OGM 2018, Massot talks about how great it is to work with Aljona. They talk about which country they will compete for and that it is mostly about who is going to pay Ingo (but that they would be willing to take the 2 year break if Germany was willing to pay him). For now they will be training in Chemnitz and Aljona says she'd prefer staying there because she thinks it offers the best conditions for their training. And something about them officially appearing in shows together for the first time this weekend in South Korea.

edit: source

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I found a 2 minute report from that program online, but I'm not sure it's what you were looking for (or expected?) :) didn't see your friend anywhere...
Ingo talks about how Aljona wants to win OGM 2018, Massot talks about how great it is to work with Aljona. They talk about which country they will compete for and that it is mostly about who is going to pay Ingo (but that they would be willing to take the 2 year break if Germany was willing to pay him). For now they will be training in Chemnitz and Aljona says she'd prefer staying there because she thinks it offers the best conditions for their training. And something about them officially appearing in shows together for the first time this weekend in South Korea.

edit: source

Thanks. It probably was that wee story that she was referring to. (Unfortunately, it is geo-blocked)

The photo she posted this morning must just have been her messing about with the microphone in between shots then :laugh: (hey, she's still relatively young!)

But, there is definitely a Press gala involving Aljona, Bruno and Ingo tonight at the Maritime Hotel in Berlin, so we should hopefully hear some official news tomorrow.

CaroLiza_fan