Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post

And come back to topic, I dont like Anna, sorry , not right now
    Me either. She is still developing, but the way she presents herself right now is neither a girl or a woman. By age she is fifteen, but thirty by face and makeup. I believe she will grow into somebody like Butyrskaya: a tall, blond diva with heavy makeup and unproportional body. And her style of skating reminds me of a spider.
    Anyway, it's great to see a fierce competition in the Russian camp. Can't wait for three kids on the Russian team next year. And I LOVE when kids beat divas. Of course, it won't be too long before those kids turn into divas themselves, but at least they are still kids now.
    So can't wait for Adelina to show what she was really paid for, to see a brand new program from Yulia, because this ice drawings grew a bit too old now, something lively and energetic maybe. No Holocaust any more for a while, please. Something youthful and positive!
    And I guess qualifying for the Russian team will be tougher than winning a Worlds medal, which is fun to see too.

Quote Originally Posted by CezarMart View Post
    Me either. She is still developing, but the way she presents herself right now is neither a girl or a woman. By age she is fifteen, but thirty by face and makeup. I believe she will grow into somebody like Butyrskaya: a tall, blond diva with heavy makeup and unproportional body. And her style of skating reminds me of a spider.
    Anyway, it's great to see a fierce competition in the Russian camp. Can't wait for three kids on the Russian team next year. And I LOVE when kids beat divas. Of course, it won't be too long before those kids turn into divas themselves, but at least they are still kids now.
    So can't wait for Adelina to show what she was really paid for, to see a brand new program from Yulia, because this ice drawings grew a bit too old now, something lively and energetic maybe. No Holocaust any more for a while, please. Something youthful and positive!
    And I guess qualifying for the Russian team will be tougher than winning a Worlds medal, which is fun to see too.
    I just think she has more *potential* than the other Russian girls; "spider-looking" or not, her jumps are a level above Yulia and Sotni when clean. I agree the makeup is distracting, but that goes along with the awful choreo/music. :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Yulia had one helluva season.

2 GP Golds
    1 GPF Silver(first appearance)
    1 Russian National Silver
    1 Euro's Gold (youngest ever and first appearance)
    1 Olympic Gold(team event but was a huge presence)
    1 Silver medal at her debut WC's

And somehow some people think Gracie Gold with 1 GP bronze, a National title and Sochi team bronze makes her the one to watch.

edit: forgot the US Classic where she earned that silver behind Courtney Hicks. G'job hun.

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ice View Post
    I just think she has more *potential* than the other Russian girls; "spider-looking" or not, her jumps are a level above Yulia and Sotni when clean. I agree the makeup is distracting, but that goes along with the awful choreo/music. :(
    I like Anna, too, she didn't put a foot wrong yesterday. Her jumps look better than that of Adelina and Julia. I hope Russian fec will give her more chance.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch
    Yulia had one helluva season.

2 GP Golds
    1 GPF Silver(first appearance)
    1 Russian National Silver
    1 Euro's Gold (youngest ever and first appearance)
    1 Olympic Gold(team event but was a huge presence)
    1 Silver medal at her debut WC's

And somehow some people think Gracie Gold with 1 GP bronze, a National title and Sochi team bronze makes her the one to watch.

edit: forgot the US Classic where she earned that silver behind Courtney Hicks. G'job hun.
    I forget to include Finlandia Cup!!! Another Gold(medal that is)

Custom Title
    Seriously, Julia just had an amazing senior debut this year. (I know she competed on the GP last year but this is the first year she was age eligible for the big stuff). Medaling at her first worlds at 15 is something not many people can claim.

Custom Title
    I noticed Anna from some national competition in Russia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_10-gf1hDM

I was quite impressed by her 3Lo w/ delayed rotation.

Custom Title
    I still favor Elena but Anna is quite impressive and Adelina is a modern and athletic skater, with a lot of heart. If she didn't beat Yuna, she would be appreciated by a larger audience. I'm fine with the Russians coming!

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyskates View Post
    I still favor Elena but Anna is quite impressive and Adelina is a modern and athletic skater, with a lot of heart. If she didn't beat Yuna, she would be appreciated by a larger audience. I'm fine with the Russians coming!
    Russian girls are more likely to dominate the next quad, even the quad after that.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I agree. It is sad that some countries have no one and others have so many that even 3Lz-3T in their SP and 7 triples clean FS will not guarantee them their spot at the Europeans/Worlds. Such a waste of talent. With Jenna McCorkell retiring, GBR doesn't have any lady! Come on, girls, can't you find any connection to Britain? Any great grandmother being British by any chance? Alternatively, I could adopt you...
    Great Britain does have Karly Robertson, who actually beat McCorkell in one fall competition this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Russian girls are more likely to dominate the next quad, even the quad after that.
    I do wish we get to know more about their personal stories. I'd admit because I didn't like Adelina's looks and falls, I sort of overlooked her for the GP last year. After knowing she is working hard to pay for her sister's surgeries, I warmed up to her more.

My personal favorite is still the wonderful little Miss Sunshine, I was stunned by her Fifth Element, and charmed by Frida. What a bright little girl, wonder if she has her own story to tell too. And Anna I believe has a lethal rivalry with Adelina!

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    ^She's my favourite as well, if I had one wish for the babies it would be for Elena to make it. I read that she is an only child. She had problems with "weak legs" ? and her parents sent her to skating to help with that! Look where it got her! I love Elena.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    ^She's my favourite as well, if I had one wish for the babies it would be for Elena to make it. I read that she is an only child. She had problems with "weak legs" ? and her parents sent her to skating to help with that! Look where it got her! I love Elena.
    Weak legs, no neck and a big head. It doesn't matter, her eyes just light up the rink when she smiles and skates. She makes me happy watching her, such pure joy, elation and enthusiasm to be on the ice, as if it doesn't matter if she wins, she is just loving every moment.

I can't wait for her new season, and what funky new side to her she'll show.

Although the Asian queens and princesses are lovely, there is a certain reserved elegance and classical beauty to their skating, but girls like Anna, Adelina and Elena are open books. It's an interesting change, and I like the bold, modern, experimental aspect to their skating and even their bad taste in costumes and gaudy music!

On the Ice
    i'm more impress with their federation to give their puppets impressive score....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Great Britain does have Karly Robertson, who actually beat McCorkell in one fall competition this season.
    The fact that Karly beat Jenna in one autumn competition does not mean that Karly skated that great; it is also possible that Jenna skated so bad!
    Karly Robertson is already 24. She may have beaten Jenna in one competition, but she obviously wasn't good enough to be sent to Europeans, Olympic or Worlds. Her personal best score is 104.44 which she achieved in 2009. For comparison, lots of skaters achieve over 100 in their FS (not like Karly combined score SP+FS). for example, Nathalie WEINZIERL who placed at worlds 15th received 106 points just for her FS. I would be surprised if Karly manages to get the qualifying scores for Worlds next year.

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast