Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 791

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

  1. #61
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    836
    I really like Radionova, but the Russian "baby" I really like is Alexandra Proklova. She had the two best programs of any Russian ladies skater, IMO, and she is so talented musically. I love that FS. I think it's such a shame that she didn't get to compete at Junior Worlds.

    I can't wait until she becomes a senior.

  2. #62
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by jaylee View Post
    I really like Radionova, but the Russian "baby" I really like is Alexandra Proklova. She had the two best programs of any Russian ladies skater, IMO, and she is so talented musically. I love that FS. I think it's such a shame that she didn't get to compete at Junior Worlds.

    I can't wait until she becomes a senior.
    Me too, Proklova is my favorite! I loved both her short and free program this season and she skated so well at russian nationals... I hope puberty will be kind to her.

  3. #63
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    599
    Quote Originally Posted by JayW View Post
    Anna already has a woman's body; Adelina is probably done with growing too; Julia and Elena not sure.
    Check out the pic Polina posted on Twitter with Julia. Her body still looks like a little girl's.

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    508
    My 2 cents, I am super impressed by Anna P at 2014 worlds.indeed the performance of the night. That is an unique piece of music, although there are moments of awkwardness in her choreography, but she definitely felt and performed the music, The tension of her skating fits the music so well. she looks like a siren of the Caribbean (the camera angle perhaps helped too).
    My favorite Russian baby is Radionova, I was very impressed by her at SA,she immediately stood out even among the group including Mao and Ashley.
    I also like Alexandra Proklova and serafima sakhanovich, they showed extraordinary musicality, refinement of movements for a junior.

  5. #65
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    22
    If someone is interested to follow future battles of Russian girls for the international spots and
    dominance at national level, it is worthy to know that there is a battle of schools behind personalities.
    The main protagonists are allmighty CSKA school (Sotnikova, Radionova, Proklova and Max Kowtun) and
    raising SAMBO70 school (Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaia, Medvedeva, Pitkeev). Sometimes a kind of compromise
    is reached about dividing spots.

  6. #66
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,598
    I read somewhere that CSKA rink was being threatened to be torn down to build a new KHL arena and that the Gov't may support it.

  7. #67
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    508
    Quote Originally Posted by malif View Post
    If someone is interested to follow future battles of Russian girls for the international spots and
    dominance at national level, it is worthy to know that there is a battle of schools behind personalities.
    The main protagonists are allmighty CSKA school (Sotnikova, Radionova, Proklova and Max Kowtun) and
    raising SAMBO70 school (Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaia, Medvedeva, Pitkeev). Sometimes a kind of compromise
    is reached about dividing spots.
    Thanks about the info, can you explain a little in details, what is the difference between these 2 schools, technique? presentation style? or coaching?

  8. #68
    Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    5,271
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Thanks about the info, can you explain a little in details, what is the difference between these 2 schools, technique? presentation style? or coaching?
    CSKA school has bigger jumps, I suppose?

  9. #69
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    411
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    CSKA school has bigger jumps, I suppose?
    My friend has a 9 year old daughter who is on the ice since 3. He says that: a) little chance for the future if one starts after 6. Strange enough. In my years FS accepted children not younger than 5. b) she trains 6 times a week. Parents are concerned (most of all about health risks) but at this stage she is mad about FS - a lot of other kids are fanatically dedicated c) there is politics even at this age - at her last competition she was 7th (usually inside 3). Then mom found out that the panel "forgot" to include the last element. But it was too late and nobody did a thing. d) the worst case is when the panel is from CSKA - they don't like others. For example, this panel judged certification level 2 in their school and they sent packing everyone e) CSKA's approach is pressure and numbers. It means that they don't care to lose 50 girls to get just 1 Sotnikova - so, no one will miss you. Other schools apparently might have more human approach to children. For example, his.

    That's what he says.

  10. #70
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by yyyskate View Post
    Thanks about the info, can you explain a little in details, what is the difference between these 2 schools, technique? presentation style? or coaching?
    CSKA school (Sotnikova, Radionova, Proklova and Max Kowtun) and
    raising SAMBO70 school (Lipnitskaia, Pogorilaia, Medvedeva, Pitkeev).
    It appears that the main difference is that anyone with -ova is assigned to CSKA and anyone with -aia to SAMBO70! lol

  11. #71
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    The Russian environment sounds really toxic. I really hope they can manage puberty. Even Adelina is not fully grown yet.... She may end up looking more like the Helgesson sisters.

  12. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Even Adelina is not fully grown yet.... She may end up looking more like the Helgesson sisters.
    meaning ?

  13. #73
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    meaning ?
    Meaning she could end up looking like the very beautiful Kiira Korpi or Ksenia Makarova, and not like the one in a million Carolina Kostner.

    Figure skating is a cruel sport. And it sounds like these Russian girls sacrifice alot and endure alot of inhumane treatment well before they hit puberty.

  14. #74
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,110
    Anna is boring, but she looks good on the ice, is a hard-worker technically and has huge desire and determination. For my money, Sotnikova and Radionova are the most well-rounded Russian ladies skaters with great technical and artistic skills. Julia Lip has small jumps, pained so-called artistry, a pretty face, an ugly double axel and mucho love from Putin, Spielberg and the judges.

  15. #75
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,598
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Anna is boring, but she looks good on the ice, is a hard-worker technically and has huge desire and determination. For my money, Sotnikova and Radionova are the most well-rounded Russian ladies skaters with great technical and artistic skills. Julia Lip has small jumps, pained so-called artistry, a pretty face, an ugly double axel and mucho love from Putin, Spielberg and the judges.
    And 8 medals!!! 5 golds and 3 silvers!! In 9 events! But you're probably right...she isn't very good Did she kick you dog or something? This is like the third post where you say these things in only a couple of days. What gives?

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •