Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Where is Polina Korobeynikova and what is she doing for the next season? Any news?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Where is Polina Korobeynikova and what is she doing for the next season? Any news?
    No news yet although sometimes very soon Russia should announce their team for the new season. Saying that, I would be very surprised if she is on international team. She might be in reserves or they may drop her completely, but she had a bad results for at least two seasons and Russians have plenty of promising ladies to be giving second and third chances to someone who is not delivering. I am worried about Nikol Gosviani; although she had better results than Korobeynikova, it still may not be good enough. Their senior team will be definitely Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Pogorilaya, Radionova, and very likely also Leonova and Tuktamysheva (getting second chance). Not sure about the others.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    No news yet although sometimes very soon Russia should announce their team for the new season. Saying that, I would be very surprised if she is on international team. She might be in reserves or they may drop her completely, but she had a bad results for at least two seasons and Russians have plenty of promising ladies to be giving second and third chances to someone who is not delivering. I am worried about Nikol Gosviani; although she had better results than Korobeynikova, it still may not be good enough. Their senior team will be definitely Lipnitskaya, Sotnikova, Pogorilaya, Radionova, and very likely also Leonova and Tuktamysheva (getting second chance). Not sure about the others.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. I like her a lot, but you are right Russia has so many ladies. It's crazy just to think about all of them.
    I actually want to make a video collection with all the ladies so I can have a proper look of their performance, because I'm getting confused with so many of them.

Custom Title
    Russian babies four years ago...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJp3QQyQaDg

... and one of the comments then: "As a russian I honestly hope that at least 1 or 2 of them will break through to the top level..."

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post

... and one of the comments then: "As a russian I honestly hope that at least 1 or 2 of them will break through to the top level..."

Well, 2-3 of them did. Sotnikova, Lipitskaya and Radionova are still doing pretty well. Tuktamysheva had a bad season but I wouldn't write her off yet. The rest are unfortunately out of their chances. Very sad to watch all those talented youngsters and known what we known now. I wonder who from those current youngsters (Sakhanovich, Medvedeva, Proklova. sotskova) will make it and who will just disappear.

Custom Title
    Yeah it is pretty sad that like 7 Russians could all be internationally threats and even future World medalists but half of them will have to fight for it. It's astounding how many 3-3 combos were landed at the last Nationals/Junior Nationals. It'll come down to politicking more than talent I'm afraid, when determining who gets opportunities, given how deep their field is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post

Two Olympic champions (one of them Europeen champion, other two-times Euro silver medalist) and first in history two-times JrWorlds champion. All three - GP Finalists.

Ovcharova now is Swiss skater, Shelepen - Israeli.

Custom Title
    My best scenario is that it will be dominating Yulia (I am mad about her). And for the other 2 spots there will be constant competition with the rotation among 5-6 girls based on who is better at the certain time. The question, of course, is who will survive the quad. But in any case for Korea to bet on So-Yun-Pak against the 7 Russian girls is mathematically way too optimistic.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    The question, of course, is who will survive the quad.
    This is the biggest thing, how many skaters will survive to the Nationals/Euros of the Olympic season. I wonder if we'll see some of them switch to another country. I mean all these skaters sacrifice a 'normal' childhood for a dream of OGM and they could skate perfect and still not even get a shot at going because of the competitive level in Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    But in any case for Korea to bet on So-Yun-Pak against the 7 Russian girls is mathematically way too optimistic.
    Technically they are only betting against at maximum 3 Russians for Olympics/Worlds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    Technically they are only betting against at maximum 3 Russians for Olympics/Worlds.
    But with just one skater against three with the best condition at a given point of time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Amei View Post
    True, but those three from Russia would be chosen as the best of the best, most consistent, healthy etc from a bigger group of talented young ladies. Whereas other country would have to send the one, two or even three without being able to choose. So if if the skater from the other country has a growth problem and become inconsistent, or another one become slightly injured (perhaps not even seriously but enough to affect her level of skating), they have no choice but sending the skater anyway, whereas Russia will be able to choose the best and the most in shape skaters. That makes a huge difference. Look at the two Chinese ladies. One year Zhang was good, the next year Li was great but Zhang was not able to achieve her past result, and the following year neither of them were that great. In a country where they have only 1 or 2 great skaters that can easily happen, whereas Russia will be able to send someone else who will be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    True, but those three from Russia would be chosen as the best of the best, most consistent, healthy etc from a bigger group of talented young ladies. Whereas other country would have to send the one, two or even three without being able to choose. So if if the skater from the other country has a growth problem and become inconsistent, or another one become slightly injured (perhaps not even seriously but enough to affect her level of skating), they have no choice but sending the skater anyway, whereas Russia will be able to choose the best and the most in shape skaters. That makes a huge difference. Look at the two Chinese ladies. One year Zhang was good, the next year Li was great but Zhang was not able to achieve her past result, and the following year neither of them were that great. In a country where they have only 1 or 2 great skaters that can easily happen, whereas Russia will be able to send someone else who will be pretty good.
    That's exactly what happened this year with Liza: her level of skating went down (bombing the SP many times, not being able to land the 3Lz+3T as consistently as she used to, having the same kind of choreos again and again) and even if it wasn't disastrous she dropped from national champion to 10th. Had she competed for any other country (except USA and Japan), she would have easily been sent to Sochi with the program she skated at nationals

Alex Proklova has an injury.

Inna Goncharenko: "There are some problems. Sasha Proklova has an injury. We finished last season marvellously. We have produced two new programs and engaged in making costumes. But two days before finishing of training spells she fell. She had a slide and caught teeth of a skate on the ice. She overturned badly so as not to hit a skirting board. She has also broken a shoe. It was a new shoes.

At first doctors said that there is no fracture, only bad dislocation. But then other doctors confirmed unfavourable diagnosis. She has a fracture without displacement. Of course, everyone became upset, especially Sasha. She was with a plaster on vacation as long as she could. Now she recovers and develops her leg. Doctors allowed her to be at an assembly. All procedures were scheduled in the 86th hospital where attached all team."

By the way, her new long program is "Firebird" like this. Short program is on soundtrack for Russian film "Spy".

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Alex Proklova has an injury.

Inna Goncharenko: "There are some problems. Sasha Proklova has an injury. We finished last season marvellously. We have produced two new programs and engaged in making costumes. But two days before finishing of training spells she fell. She had a slide and caught teeth of a skate on the ice. She overturned badly so as not to hit a skirting board. She has also broken a shoe. It was a new shoes.

At first doctors said that there is no fracture, only bad dislocation. But then other doctors confirmed unfavourable diagnosis. She has a fracture without displacement. Of course, everyone became upset, especially Sasha. She was with a plaster on vacation as long as she could. Now she recovers and develops her leg. Doctors allowed her to be at an assembly. All procedures were scheduled in the 86th hospital where attached all team."

By the way, her new long program is "Firebird" like this. Short program is on soundtrack for Russian film "Spy".
    I'm SO sad to read this! Really loved her skating last season, and I was very sad that she didn't go to JW, I hope she'll have a good recovery and that next season will be at least as good as the past one... After all, it's not even July, she has time to recover! (I hope they'll give her two of the last JGP events, so she'll be able to prepare herself well enough )

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    :nonstop sobbing: :noooooooooooo: :angry robot:

Page 27 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast