Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

hanca

Record Breaker
Technically they are only betting against at maximum 3 Russians for Olympics/Worlds.

True, but those three from Russia would be chosen as the best of the best, most consistent, healthy etc from a bigger group of talented young ladies. Whereas other country would have to send the one, two or even three without being able to choose. So if if the skater from the other country has a growth problem and become inconsistent, or another one become slightly injured (perhaps not even seriously but enough to affect her level of skating), they have no choice but sending the skater anyway, whereas Russia will be able to choose the best and the most in shape skaters. That makes a huge difference. Look at the two Chinese ladies. One year Zhang was good, the next year Li was great but Zhang was not able to achieve her past result, and the following year neither of them were that great. In a country where they have only 1 or 2 great skaters that can easily happen, whereas Russia will be able to send someone else who will be pretty good.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
True, but those three from Russia would be chosen as the best of the best, most consistent, healthy etc from a bigger group of talented young ladies. Whereas other country would have to send the one, two or even three without being able to choose. So if if the skater from the other country has a growth problem and become inconsistent, or another one become slightly injured (perhaps not even seriously but enough to affect her level of skating), they have no choice but sending the skater anyway, whereas Russia will be able to choose the best and the most in shape skaters. That makes a huge difference. Look at the two Chinese ladies. One year Zhang was good, the next year Li was great but Zhang was not able to achieve her past result, and the following year neither of them were that great. In a country where they have only 1 or 2 great skaters that can easily happen, whereas Russia will be able to send someone else who will be pretty good.
That's exactly what happened this year with Liza: her level of skating went down (bombing the SP many times, not being able to land the 3Lz+3T as consistently as she used to, having the same kind of choreos again and again) and even if it wasn't disastrous she dropped from national champion to 10th. Had she competed for any other country (except USA and Japan), she would have easily been sent to Sochi with the program she skated at nationals

Rhodium

On the Ice
Alex Proklova has an injury.

Inna Goncharenko: "There are some problems. Sasha Proklova has an injury. We finished last season marvellously. We have produced two new programs and engaged in making costumes. But two days before finishing of training spells she fell. She had a slide and caught teeth of a skate on the ice. She overturned badly so as not to hit a skirting board. She has also broken a shoe. It was a new shoes.

At first doctors said that there is no fracture, only bad dislocation. But then other doctors confirmed unfavourable diagnosis. She has a fracture without displacement. Of course, everyone became upset, especially Sasha. She was with a plaster on vacation as long as she could. Now she recovers and develops her leg. Doctors allowed her to be at an assembly. All procedures were scheduled in the 86th hospital where attached all team."

By the way, her new long program is "Firebird" like this. Short program is on soundtrack for Russian film "Spy".

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Alex Proklova has an injury.

Inna Goncharenko: "There are some problems. Sasha Proklova has an injury. We finished last season marvellously. We have produced two new programs and engaged in making costumes. But two days before finishing of training spells she fell. She had a slide and caught teeth of a skate on the ice. She overturned badly so as not to hit a skirting board. She has also broken a shoe. It was a new shoes.

At first doctors said that there is no fracture, only bad dislocation. But then other doctors confirmed unfavourable diagnosis. She has a fracture without displacement. Of course, everyone became upset, especially Sasha. She was with a plaster on vacation as long as she could. Now she recovers and develops her leg. Doctors allowed her to be at an assembly. All procedures were scheduled in the 86th hospital where attached all team."

By the way, her new long program is "Firebird" like this. Short program is on soundtrack for Russian film "Spy".
I'm SO sad to read this! :cry::cry: Really loved her skating last season, and I was very sad that she didn't go to JW, I hope she'll have a good recovery and that next season will be at least as good as the past one... After all, it's not even July, she has time to recover! (I hope they'll give her two of the last JGP events, so she'll be able to prepare herself well enough :think: )

hanca

Record Breaker
:cry: Maybe fracture is sometimes better than having torn ligaments. As soon as fracture heals, the bone is then pretty strong in that place, whereas with torn ligament a lot of people feels afterwards that it is never the same. Hope she will heel quickly. She is young, in top shape... what bone did she break?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
shes recovering already right ?
I think 2 or 3 more month to go will be enough to prepare
she might get assigned to a later JGP assignment to adjust to her healing injuries, maybe JGP in August-September

hanca

Record Breaker
shes recovering already right ?
I think 2 or 3 more month to go will be enough to prepare
she might get assigned to a later JGP assignment to adjust to her healing injuries, maybe JGP in August-September

We are in June. If she has let's say three months healing time, then it will take a while to get to a competitive shape with her jumps back, my guess is that she will be ready for nationals and if she does well, she can be sent to junior worlds. JGP seems to me too optimistic, unless she got injured in Match/April.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I'm guessing by the cast that its a broken fibula (or ankle?) which isn't too serious.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Didn't she get hurt before JWC and Radinova who was also injured wound up going instead. So my first thought was it was an old injury .... Which I'm pretty sure that photo is from because I've seen it before. The report about new boots is the only thing that gets me wondering if this is actually a new or re-injury of the old one. I helped fix a pair of boots for a local girl the other day and there was tape galore on them. One thing I know is nobody likes changing boots.....especially before a competition....let alone Worlds. So it's got me :scratch: Hoping for the best.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I haven't seen it reported anywhere. No story on Rsport.ru which would definitely cover a story like this.

YLFan

Match Penalty
I found the interview. As far as I can tell shes talking about the old injury.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
*fingers crossed*

She is going to have enough issues in the next year or so growthwise. No need to add anything else on. She is truely a bright star and very gifted skated. The perfect mix of Yulia's flexibility and Elena's charm :)

This to me is worrisome....

We have produced two new programs and engaged in making costumes. But two days before finishing of training spells she fell

...they would not have gone to Worlds with new programs and costumes. I haven't seen any news reports yet so I'm only piecing the puzzle together from GS posts. Anyone have anything to link.

YLFan

Match Penalty
Heres the interview http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/114-inn...t-v-kipyashchij-kotel-no-my-tam-varimsya.html

"Sasha. On vacation in a cast departed to the maximum. Now restored, develops leg."

Basically the coach is saying she went on vacation with the cast. Now its healed and getting it back in shape.

Then says... ".. I will not tell about the rest. In August, held test skates, so not long to wait."

So nothing to stop her competing in August.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Very interesting stuff there :clap: Radinova's programs are discussed at length. The good news for Proklova is since JGP is first she may have been injured early enough to heal and come back in time. I just went thru a knee injury and a girl I work with broke her foot. It takes time to get strength back but she is in good hands or so it seems. Thanks for the link.