Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 687

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

  1. #151
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    OMG we get it okay? You hate Osmond - now can you stop hating on her every chance you get?
    Ironically, sky_fly is the definition of "repetitive, boring one-trick pony". Hopefully she can come up with some material that is remotely clever or intelligent during the off season. I mean, there's a first time for everything.

  2. #152
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    271
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    I am greatly impressed by Maria S. She is pretty mature and has a good choreography for 13 years old. Her jump technique is very solid. I especially like her costumes for the programs at JGPF.
    I was sorry that she had had an injury before JW, I expected her winning.
    She has grown enough (compare her with Alex. http://instagram.com/p/l9ICq-Bw41/ or with Serafima and Evgenia http://instagram.com/p/hmrmX8jXyt/) so I hope she will not lose her jumps later.
    Finally someone talking about Sotskova!! I saw her 'Nuevo Tango' short program last year at Russian Junior Nationals and fell in love with her style. She changed it to Vivaldi's winter before JGP final this season, it was even better.

    She has something special and I hope to see her on top of the podiums in future!!! Get well soon Masha, get that Junior World title next season!!!

  3. #153
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Osmond was injured this year. She is great and a true performer. I think she just need to lose some weight, just a bit.
    She was off the ice a lot this year because of injuries. I hope she will be injury free next year.

  4. #154
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by dress View Post
    She was off the ice a lot this year because of injuries. I hope she will be injury free next year.
    Yup. It's rather impressive tha she nailed her 3F+3T which I've never seen her do. If she can do that at Worlds after a season of injury, hopefully she has a good GP season in store.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yup. It's rather impressive tha she nailed her 3F+3T which I've never seen her do. If she can do that at Worlds after a season of injury, hopefully she has a good GP season in store.
    she needs to stop falling first in the FS and get a stable 3-3
    Osmond is limited she wont be able to compete with Russians or Gracie anyways

  6. #156
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she needs to stop falling first in the FS
    Osmond is limited she wont be able to compete with Russians or Gracie anyways
    Very true, she does need to avoid falling. And hopefully Gold can also stop falling too (and avoid pops/downgraded jumps), otherwise she won't even be able to compete with the Russians, either. In 6 competitions last season, she fell in 5 of them.

    2013 US Classic: 1A, 2L, 2F, 1Z in the FS (fall + 3F< in the SP)
    2013 Skate Canada: fall in the FS, 3S<<
    2013 NHK: fall in the FS, 2S
    2014 Olympics: fall in the FS
    2014 Worlds: fall in the FS on a 2A<<, 1A

  7. #157
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,197
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Very true, she does need to avoid falling. And hopefully Gold can also stop falling too (and avoid pops/downgraded jumps), otherwise she won't even be able to compete with the Russians, either. In 6 competitions last season, she fell in 5 of them.

  8. #158
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Makarova and Leonova are done
    but Julia wont survive puberty , you have been saying that since 2012 and he is already a world and olympic medalist
    and there are more coming , too bad for Osmond who will probably drop further, at least she has an excuse now other than falling twice in the FS, lol
    I didn't know about Julia in 2012. I apologize, but some how a lot of sky fly's post have a negative or mean tone. Maybe it is just me. I am not an autoritarian I just worry about Julia as she seems so slight right now and one assumes she will develop curves. As for Osmond she was injured a lot this year; I am not sure we should throw the towel in yet.

  9. #159
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,677
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    OMG we get it okay? You hate Osmond - now can you stop hating on her every chance you get?
    Exclamation mark! Lol. I agree Osmond has shown she is special or consistent but she has show a bit of promise and one can't really judge her from this year - she missed the entire Grand Prix for goodness sake and she does not have the experience of a Kostner or Kim.

  10. #160
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Exclamation mark! Lol. I agree Osmond has shown she is special or consistent but she has show a bit of promise and one can't really judge her from this year - she missed the entire Grand Prix for goodness sake and she does not have the experience of a Kostner or Kim.
    of course the glorious Osmond with her 3-2 and mandatory fall in FS will be competitive
    yep that's special indeed , the russian skaters are all doomed to puberty and Osmond will win all World Titles until 2018,
    too bad she isn't Chan, so doubt that will happen though.

    Osmond better worry first if Daleman will surpass her and she will be relegated as 2nd tier

  11. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Very true, she does need to avoid falling. And hopefully Gold can also stop falling too (and avoid pops/downgraded jumps), otherwise she won't even be able to compete with the Russians, either. In 6 competitions last season, she fell in 5 of them.

    2013 US Classic: 1A, 2L, 2F, 1Z in the FS (fall + 3F< in the SP)
    2013 Skate Canada: fall in the FS, 3S<<
    2013 NHK: fall in the FS, 2S
    2014 Olympics: fall in the FS
    2014 Worlds: fall in the FS on a 2A<<, 1A
    Gracie's technical base are superior to Osmond, so she can afford to get some pops even a fall and still score in 200+
    Osmond hass a reliable 3-2 that wont do it anymore nor will a 3T-3T

  12. #162
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    337
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gracie's technical base are superior to Osmond, so she can afford to get some pops even a fall and still score in 200+
    Osmond hass a reliable 3-2 that wont do it anymore nor will a 3T-3T
    Gracie fell at every single competition this year, first of all. Second of all, when has Gracie ever scored 200+, let alone with pops and falls? Thirdly, last I checked, the Olympic Champion won with a 3T-3T in the short. Kindly take your constant negativity away from this forum

  13. #163
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,958
    Quote Originally Posted by 96skiluvr View Post
    Gracie fell at every single competition this year, first of all. Second of all, when has Gracie ever scored 200+, let alone with pops and falls? Thirdly, last I checked, the Olympic Champion won with a 3T-3T in the short. Kindly take your constant negativity away from this forum
    She scored 200+ at the Olympics. Because obviously Olympic scoring is a good indication of scoring potential. Not to mention Frank Carroll probably whined about Gold's PCS after the team event. No other explanation of how Gold's PCS shoots up 6 points in a performance with a fall compared to a clean team FS.

    Gold technically didn't fall at US Nationals but she stepped out of her triple lip and touched each hand down -- essentially a fall just not with her butt on the ice like all the other competitions last season.

    Newsflash sky_fly, Gold did get "some pops even a fall" at Saitama, scored much less than 200, and it dropped her to 5th, behind Pogorilaya, who isn't even the top Russian, and lost the FS to her two teammates. She better shape up otherwise Radionova, Sotnikova, Pogorilaya and Lipnitskaia will continue to beat her (as they have this past season) and that's not even the full wave of Russian babies.

  14. #164
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,041
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    I am greatly impressed by Maria S. She is pretty mature and has a good choreography for 13 years old. Her jump technique is very solid. I especially like her costumes for the programs at JGPF.
    I was sorry that she had had an injury before JW, I expected her winning.
    She has grown enough (compare her with Alex. http://instagram.com/p/l9ICq-Bw41/ or with Serafima and Evgenia http://instagram.com/p/hmrmX8jXyt/) so I hope she will not lose her jumps later.
    I like her a lot too! She has big jumps and there's something very special about her. Her programs seem to have a point of view. I think she can be a great artist on the ice in due time. I was so impressed with her in the JGPF. SHame about her injury, but thankfully she can compete in the JGP again this year.

  15. #165
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    167
    Maria Sotskova is the best!!! the new Carolina Kostner is russian!

Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •