Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Quote Originally Posted by bsfan View Post
    I'm just worried about Anna P. She is quite tall and slim right now. If she puts on any weight, she may get into trouble with the jumps, like Polina K.
    She looks like tall but she isn't. This is very interesting for me. She is 1.60m (5 ft 3 in).

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    She looks like tall but she isn't. This is very interesting for me. She is 1.60m (5 ft 3 in).
    Anna may list at 5.3 but here at worlds she clearly has about 3 inches over Yulia who lists as 5.2. Yulia stopped growing in terms of height before Finlandia. I don't expect any more height from Yulia. I think Anna may still gain a couple of inches.

http://instagram.com/p/mKN_rrELfe/

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    Anna may list at 5.3 but here at worlds she clearly has about 3 inches over Yulia who lists as 5.2. Yulia stopped growing in terms of height before Finlandia. I don't expect any more height from Yulia. I think Anna may still gain a couple of inches.

http://instagram.com/p/mKN_rrELfe/
    I tend to doubt Yulia is 5'2", but you're right that Anna looks taller than 5'3". It may not be such a big deal if she grows a bit taller... It didn't hurt Gracie much to grow to 5'5" and fill out into a "woman's body". Anna's jump technique seems okay enough where she may be able to hang in there past puberty.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I love that tbh.
    You are right about Yulia though.

It's not news indeed. Some use it and some not, some more and some less but nothing new there.
    Next season will be interesting to hear what the Russian girls say about each other and if they get tired of each other. It could happen. But they do get along well as a group from what I hear. I have no doubt the young ones want to show Adelina and even Yulia who is still so young that they are as good as them.

As far as the looks go they are a group of pretty girls for sure. I just don't feel right talking about it. Especially the juniors. I mean their leader Adelina is still only 17 years old even though she looks like a young woman now. You know what I want? I want to hear what Yulia who is making it largely on her own really thinks of Adelina who many say has been spoiled and catered to by the Russian Federation. I have no doubt these 2 girls are friendly with each other and competitive as well. But I bet somewhere deep inside Yulia it rankles her that Adelina won the Sochi individual gold medal and not her.

On a side note I think Yulia will be more intimidating to the other Russian girls than Adelina will be in the next few years. Why? Yulia has those icy stares and she is closer to their age and she wants the individual gold in 2018 while Ade always has her individual OGM.

Custom Title
    Does any body think Proklova looks like a younger version of Vera Bazarova?

Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    Gracie is very pretty, but wouldn't say she's got much of an advantage over 14yo Proklova...
    www.niasam.ru/20324_i_gallerybig.jpg
    www.fskate.ru/photos/image21688.jpg
    http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/201312/04...9_14332094.jpg

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Does any body think Proklova looks like a younger version of Vera Bazarova?
    A little bit in the face, maybe. Yes.

Yulia Lipnitskaya-san, Roshia! Rhodium's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    Next season will be interesting to hear what the Russian girls say about each other and if they get tired of each other. It could happen. But they do get along well as a group from what I hear. I have no doubt the young ones want to show Adelina and even Yulia who is still so young that they are as good as them.

As far as the looks go they are a group of pretty girls for sure. I just don't feel right talking about it. Especially the juniors. I mean their leader Adelina is still only 17 years old even though she looks like a young woman now. You know what I want? I want to hear what Yulia who is making it largely on her own really thinks of Adelina who many say has been spoiled and catered to by the Russian Federation. I have no doubt these 2 girls are friendly with each other and competitive as well. But I bet somewhere deep inside Yulia it rankles her that Adelina won the Sochi individual gold medal and not her.

On a side note I think Yulia will be more intimidating to the other Russian girls than Adelina will be in the next few years. Why? Yulia has those icy stares and she is closer to their age and she wants the individual gold in 2018 while Ade always has her individual OGM.
    We may only guess what Julia really thinks of Adelina but she do not communicate with Adelina outside the competitions. Sotskova, Proklova, Sakhanovich, Medvedeva are real friends though.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post

Yulia is very competitive and I like that in a skater. I'm sure she was dissapointed about Sochi, not so much because of the medal I think.
    I'm not saying that she doesn't care about winning, on the contrary, but she does care a lot about how she performs.
    I remember when she won the Cup of Russia, she was not at all happy about it because she didn't perform well. She has this sense of self-criticism that sometimes I think it's too much, considering his age as well.
    About Adelina and her, as Rhodium mentioned, I don't think they are what you might call "friends" but I doubt you will hear a bad word from Yulia about any of the girls. She is blunt but I never heard her saying bad things, or even criticising, other skaters. Maybe I missed something or maybe it's too early to say, but IMO it's just not in her character.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    Ups, Anna is a bit out of shape.

Banned
    oops she's gaining weight
    Im seeing weight issues coming soon ala Tuktamisheva

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    oops she's gaining weight
    Im seeing weight issues coming soon ala Tuktamisheva
    Not necessarily. When Sotnikova went through puberty, her figure was also becoming fuller and weight going up and down, and eventually it settled down and lean Adelina emerged. I think that's natural. Her jumps may not be as stable the next season, but she will overcome that eventually, within a season or two. There is plenty of skaters to be sent to Europeans/worlds so she can afford to spend one season going through transition.

I found it nice that in the exhibition she concentrated on transitions and the interpretation of the music. This year I felt that her programs were a lot about her technical ability and not so much about presentation, so maybe the doing shows will help her in this.

Banned
    Liked the music, choreo, didn't like the performance, but can't see any "weight" on this girl at all.
    She looks super slim to me, nothing even close to Tuktamisheva imo. It must be sth with my eyes?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    Liked the music, choreo, didn't like the performance, but can't see any "weight" on this girl at all.
    She looks super slim to me, nothing even close to Tuktamisheva imo. It must be sth with my eyes?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbpC...layer_embedded

i liked her actual performance here a lot better. (about a month earlier).

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbpC...layer_embedded
    i liked her actual performance here a lot better. (about a month earlier).
    Thank you, beautiful! Still not perfect, but girl has definitely her own appealing style and poise. I like that "out of shape" Anna!

Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast