Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian youngsters are impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Thank you Sara. She is good and cute.

If you know other young skaters please do list them here. I think I'm about to start a full immersion into these young ladies.
    I like another Polina (Tsurskaya) too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jb1sqSnPh-M

After a lot of digging I found the name of that little girl in the video Polina Maslennikova. All I could find on Youtube is 1 video when she must have been only like 7 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J-Ue8M8kzo

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    Miyu Honda https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhGEeEEQyBY in this Japanese TV show. She is not only a skater but a little actor in Japansese TV series.
    I meant the Russian girl. I found her more impressive than the Japanese girl.

Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    I meant the Russian girl. I found her more impressive than the Japanese girl.
    This girl? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LwTBEfuqS8&t=4m52s beautiful indeed! I don't know who is she.. Polina...

Look at my post #272

Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    Look at my post #272
    Thank you.. she was 7 y. o. on that video and she is 9 now...

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    I love the Russian girls! They're all so gritty, determined, talented and competitive. It's insane how much talent the country is boasting right now. They're all so good already and what's more shocking/terrifying is that they all have room to improve and get even better. What's even more shocking than that? There is a seemingly endless stream of talented up-and-comers.

I will be shocked beyond belief if there isn't at least one Russian on every international podium next season...

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I love the Russian girls! They're all so gritty, determined, talented and competitive. It's insane how much talent the country is boasting right now. They're all so good already and what's more shocking/terrifying is that they all have room to improve and get even better. What's even more shocking than that? There is a seemingly endless stream of talented up-and-comers.

I will be shocked beyond belief if there isn't at least one Russian on every international podium next season...
    I agree but it's true that they are still young. You just never know how they will grow up. However, I imagine with so many still some will make it.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    So is Adelina finished? Is it weight or curves (puberty)? One wonders if it is a lot of weight. Can she lose it?
    No Adelina isn't done. I would still think she is hungry to keep her younger compariots at bay and comeback strong next season. I hope Yulia, Anna and Elena push Adelina to new heights in the coming years. Of course they may pass her by too. We shall see. Ade is making good money and is famous. She is a huge heroid name in Russia forever now. I hope her main goal is to win worlds and be ready for 2018. But making money for her little sisters surgeries and doctors visits must be important to Ade because she is the bread winner for her family. The greater a figure skater she becomes the more money she can demand on and off the ice. To me she's earned her fame and money. Now how great can she become?

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott512 View Post
    No Adelina isn't done. I would still think she is hungry to keep her younger compariots at bay and comeback strong next season. I hope Yulia, Anna and Elena push Adelina to new heights in the coming years. Of course they may pass her by too. We shall see. Ade is making good money and is famous. She is a huge heroid name in Russia forever now. I hope her main goal is to win worlds and be ready for 2018. But making money for her little sisters surgeries and doctors visits must be important to Ade because she is the bread winner for her family. The greater a figure skater she becomes the more money she can demand on and off the ice. To me she's earned her fame and money. Now how great can she become?
    I do hope Adelina stays in and continues to compete. She still has a lot she can improve upon to become an even better skater.

In addition to all of the negativity that will stem from her not coming back, for her legacy's sake, I think she needs to win a couple of GP events, as well as Euros and a world title to really cement her in the history books and so people can't look back at her Olympic gold and call it a fluke.

I really hope Adelina has gained a lot of confidence from what she did in Sochi. Those performances under that kind of pressure should really boost her confidence through the roof. If she can perform that well at the single biggest event in the sport, she can handle anything. She improved her consistency last year so hopefully that will continue to grow next year.

I've been a fan of Adelina since her junior days and she's grown into a really amazing young lady. I think the sky is the limit for her as long as she keeps working and improving. I'm glad that there is so much talent in Russia b/c that alone will force her to keep working and improving.

All of those girls push each other...that's why Russia's field is so deep and talented. The competition within their country is tougher than international competition which is why so many Russians are on the podiums at these international events. They're battle tested before they even make it to the GP which helps them to gain success so quickly once they do make it to the senior level. Four Russians made it to the GPF this year...and two of them were fresh off of the JGP newbies!

I see the Russians thoroughly dominating this next quad of skating.

Custom Title
    I like that paragraph from Pogorilaya's interview:
    "This year I was a little wrong with my priorities. Thought like - there was the final Grand Prix, fine start, and then Russian championships ahead - well, what can happen there? And then - bang! So, much came over at one point! Frankly, I was too relaxed, didn't prepare properly. And then all these little girls, they are catching up with us, do not give room for error.

Rinkside
    My favorites are Radionova and Sotskova. But I really like Sotnikova too. I agree with kwanatic,

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I do hope Adelina stays in and continues to compete. She still has a lot she can improve upon to become an even better skater.

In addition to all of the negativity that will stem from her not coming back, for her legacy's sake, I think she needs to win a couple of GP events, as well as Euros and a world title to really cement her in the history books and so people can't look back at her Olympic gold and call it a fluke.

I really hope Adelina has gained a lot of confidence from what she did in Sochi. Those performances under that kind of pressure should really boost her confidence through the roof. If she can perform that well at the single biggest event in the sport, she can handle anything. She improved her consistency last year so hopefully that will continue to grow next year.

I've been a fan of Adelina since her junior days and she's grown into a really amazing young lady. I think the sky is the limit for her as long as she keeps working and improving. I'm glad that there is so much talent in Russia b/c that alone will force her to keep working and improving.

All of those girls push each other...that's why Russia's field is so deep and talented. The competition within their country is tougher than international competition which is why so many Russians are on the podiums at these international events. They're battle tested before they even make it to the GP which helps them to gain success so quickly once they do make it to the senior level. Four Russians made it to the GPF this year...and two of them were fresh off of the JGP newbies!

So well said. Thanks. I don't think Adelina is done and I think she will at some point reach her Sochi level again and maybe even surprass it with more maturity, knowledge and still having that great desire. if she still has that great desire she will do well. But I do wonder if the Olympic gold medal has changed her level of desire. I hope not but we don't know. And there there was all that hate and nastiness that came her way after her gold medal where she racked up the most points which is the current system and I wonder if that hate aimed at Adelina, the judges, IOC and ISU will linger within her. I hope not.

While Yuna, Mao and Caro are retiring one would think the door is open for Ade to make it to the top of her sport for a couple years. But Yulia and the other Russian girls are thinking the same thing that it's open at the top and why not them?

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post
    And then all these little girls, they are catching up with us, do not give room for error.
    She the "big" girl.

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast