Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Russian youngsters are impressive!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    If anyone is interested here is a video from one of her ice shows. The new spin is at the 4:10 mark.

http://youtu.be/Y1jM0dkZkt4
    Wow. I really liked this one she did at the GPF where she put both hands on her boot so that her leg is all the way behind her back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    I think it was very well centered at Euros, Worlds and Sochi individual, but I'm not sure about the later.

I like Adelina's spin very much.
    Yeah, Julia has gotten much better at centering her spins. I like Adelina's spins a lot too: great speed, centering and positions.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ManLady View Post
    do you suppose that is *the* new spin she was talking about post-sochi?
    Well, it's almost the same as her current I-spin (a bit harder with her leg behind her upper body), and she used to do a forwards sit with her leg over her shoulder (although I think it's pretty as a back sit). I also like that variation posted with both hands on her boot at the GPF.

I don't know if she'd call it her new spin though since we've seen those before, as amazing as they are every time we see them.

Yulia forver! I'm on team dumped Ice Dance. Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I don't know if she'd call it her new spin though since we've seen those before, as amazing as they are every time we see them.
    No it's not that the new spin, I think. Eteri was speaking about something else because she said that even she was surprised.
    I don't think she could be surprised with that, given the fact that she is her coach ad she sees her everyday in training.
    I think Yulia said she is working on a new spin. So I presume it's still a working process, maybe?

Banned
    I'm starting to think that 11 year old Gubanova is better than other countries 15 year olds.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YLFan View Post
    I'm starting to think that 11 year old Gubanova is better than other countries 15 year olds.
    Forget queen/princess, Gubanova is a mini figure skating goddess.

Banned
    Some videos of the other top 11 year old Elizaveta Nugumanova practicing triple combinations https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...9231768&type=3 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater

Custom Title
    Some videos of the other top 11 year old Elizaveta Nugumanova practicing triple combinations https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...9231768&type=3 https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...type=2&theater
    Wow, impressive! Love the rocker entry into her 3Z+3T.

I don't think any female skater has ever landed a 3Lo+3Lo+2Lo in competition!! She could really be the first one
    Her 3T in combo technique is similar to Edmunds's...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I don't think any female skater has ever landed a 3Lo+3Lo+2Lo in competition!! She could really be the first one
    Her 3T in combo technique is similar to Edmunds's...
    Unfortunately, the 3rd 3L of a 3L-3L-3L combination would Zayak the entire combination.

And yes, her 3T combo reminds me a lot of Edmunds, especially the look of her landing.

Custom Title
    ^Shizuka has done 3-3-3 in practice. I can't remember what exactly each jump was, but it wasn't all loop. I suspect that might've psyched out her competition in Torino and given her the gold (and enabled her to win with 5 triples and no 3-3!)

Unfortunately, the 3rd 3L of a 3L-3L-3L combination would Zayak the entire combination.
    You're right... But (as I wrote above) a 3Lo+3Lo+2Lo could be possible and it would be a "first one" itself! (In the video, it actually looked 3Lo<+3Lo<+3Lo<<)

On the Ice
    Amazing combo for an 11 year old - I kinda want to send that link to Lipinski. On the other hand, I worry about these kids doing such crazy triples at that age and hope they have potential injuries on their radar. Hopefully it'll turn out ok for them though; I remember Mao doing these crazy combos at that age too and she seems to have done ok on the injury front as far as I know.

I take it that's her father's fb page - he has some interesting pics! He must have been a skater himself.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    ^Shizuka has done 3-3-3 in practice. I can't remember what exactly each jump was, but it wasn't all loop. I suspect that might've psyched out her competition in Torino and given her the gold (and enabled her to win with 5 triples and no 3-3!)
    Radionova does 3-3-3 in practice.

Wow, impressive! Love the rocker entry into her 3Z+3T.
    And, any extra info about her??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Radionova does 3-3-3 in practice.
    THAT would be sensational if two three-jump combos were allowed and she busted out a 3Z+3T+3L and followed it up with a 3F-1/2-3S... all 5 triples done in the first two jumping passes!

Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast