Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    THAT would be sensational if two three-jump combos were allowed and she busted out a 3Z+3T+3L and followed it up with a 3F-1/2-3S... all 5 triples done in the first two jumping passes!
    I would love that but the 1/2 loop....ugh. Very rarely is one done to my liking. I just can't on board with them.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...mbo&highlight=

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    I would love that but the 1/2 loop....ugh. Very rarely is one done to my liking. I just can't on board with them.

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sho...mbo&highlight=
    They look better when it's a continuous combo with the right timing. So many times the ladies make it look like they've made a mistake or jump the salchow with NO speed (Scott Hamilton yell!). I hate, for example, when Chartrand does hers, but Jason Brown's looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    They look better when it's a continuous combo with the right timing. So many times the ladies make it look like they've made a mistake or jump the salchow with NO speed (Scott Hamilton yell!). I hate, for example, when Chartrand does hers, but Jason Brown's looks great.
    More on topic...Serafima. Love her skating but she does a half loop that just drives me bonkers. If she can fix her jump landings and center those spins she will be great. The skating skills and interpretations will put her one up on many others her age and even beyond

Back off topic: Yes, Jason Brown does it well and Chan too.

Back on topic: I don't like Pogo's at all

Custom Title
    I love Serafima's style of skating since a year ago when I first saw her... Reminds me of a mini Butyrskaya.

Also, how insanely amazing that she does a tano 3T in her 3-3 combos?!

Custom Title
    I used to find half-loop really awkward--always looked like a step-out to me. But I've gotten used to it, and it is a very difficult combo, so hats-off to the girls (and boys) who can do them.

Cool video titled Russian Babies. Seems appropriate enough.

http://youtu.be/8YqdhIPzIWw

If you like Yulia here is a look at the season without a single moment of competitive skating. Just different moments and emotions throughout last season. The ups and the downs. There is like a movie a day that comes out on her official VK fan page

http://youtu.be/H5iQQHqIEss

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandpiper View Post
    I used to find half-loop really awkward--always looked like a step-out to me. But I've gotten used to it, and it is a very difficult combo, so hats-off to the girls (and boys) who can do them.
    It's actually become my favourite element to practice. Although I can only manage a 2F-1/2-2S at this point, lol. The hardest part is getting the rotation on the salchow with the loss of speed -- last week, I tried a 2F-1/2L-3S and landed it, but really under-rotated, probably <<.

Adyan Pitkeev has written at VK that he fell in love with Serafima

I am afraid that they will draw Julia away from a training

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post

why ? Julia doesn't care for the personal lives of her co teammates in training
    Sakhanovich is dating Pitkeev, mostly some puppy love I guess

they are so cute!

Custom Title

What does that have to do with Julia?

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    What does that have to do with Julia?
    Some tabloid said Yulia and Pitkeev were dating but that's not true and Eteri had to officially tell the press to stop pestering her students. You know, it's tabloid.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Some tabloid said Yulia and Pitkeev were dating but that's not true and Eteri had to officially tell the press to stop pestering her students. You know, it's tabloid.
    though everything else the article wrote actually turned out to be somewhat accurate: that yulia needs her mom with her and that she has no friends (her age). maybe yulia got the puppy because they broke up?

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ManLady View Post
    though everything else the article wrote actually turned out to be somewhat accurate: that yulia needs her mom with her and that she has no friends (her age). maybe yulia got the puppy because they broke up?
    What kind of children don't need their mom beside? And since Yulia has always focused on training, it's understandable that she has no friends her age. It's something all the tabloids have ever written about.

Quote Originally Posted by ManLady View Post
    Doesn't yulia attend a public school?

Page 23 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast