Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 791

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

  1. #601
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,554
    Really enjoyed Serafima...she's so engaged in the performance and has great power and flow. My only complaint is her jump technique and the the arm over head position. I don't think they add to her jumps as her jumps already have this wild, tilted quality, and the arm makes them look even messier. I'd also like her to fix her toe combinations - the 2nd toe in her combinations all look like toe-axels to me. But i'm very happy that she appears to have gotten over her growth spurt and is doing a lot better this season than last!

  2. #602
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Really enjoyed Serafima...she's so engaged in the performance and has great power and flow. My only complaint is her jump technique and the the arm over head position. I don't think they add to her jumps as her jumps already have this wild, tilted quality, and the arm makes them look even messier. I'd also like her to fix her toe combinations - the 2nd toe in her combinations all look like toe-axels to me. But i'm very happy that she appears to have gotten over her growth spurt and is doing a lot better this season than last!
    ITA. I really enjoyed both of her programs. You're right: she's a very expressive performer and I loved how into character she was the whole time. Serafima is very enjoyable to watch and (like with Medvedeva last week) there was no competition in terms of the level of technical content and performance. I do agree that her tano jumps look a bit wild; Medvedeva's tano jumps, by comparison, are cleaner, tighter and straighter. I think Serafima's air position isn't as tight and the fact that she lands so far down in her knees and pitches forward does give her jumps a slightly messy look.

    That said, she definitely nailed her program and I enjoyed it. It was great to see her start off strongly this season. IIRC she struggled a bit at the beginning of last season. She set the bar very high with that 190+ score. Last season there wasn't one Russian lady who stood out as the one to beat; maybe she'll be that person this year??

  3. #603
    Yulia Lipnitskaya-san, Roshia! Rhodium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    120
    Sasha Proklova is in the list of competitors of JGP event in Germany.

    She is not completely restored after the fracture though. She was asked at "ask.fm": "Do you jump on the ice or have a pain in the leg?" AP: "I have a pain".

  4. #604
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    410
    So she's planning to participate despite the injury and the fact that she was barely able to practice jumps?
    Or might she withdraw?

  5. #605
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Sasha Proklova is in the list of competitors of JGP event in Germany.

    She is not completely restored after the fracture though. She was asked at "ask.fm": "Do you jump on the ice or have a pain in the leg?" AP: "I have a pain".
    But the JGP is in a month's time, so she still has time to heal.

  6. #606
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    946
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    So she's planning to participate despite the injury and the fact that she was barely able to practice jumps?
    Or might she withdraw?
    The names submitted are not binding. That's why each country nominates several substitutes. Her Federation nominated her because if she wants to get to JGPF, she needs two events, so she got 6th and probably will also get the 7th. However, there is a few skaters who could compete if Proklova won't be able to. I am sure they won't make her compete if she is not ready.

  7. #607
    Yuzulia & Ruslena Team Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    4,080
    Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    With "these four" I intended Proklova, Medvedeva, Sakanovich and Sotskova =)

    Anyway in a way I'm happy that the Russian program is giving such good results, but in another way I'm actually quite worried that there is going to be too much talent: look at the japanese men in the last two season 6 good skaters (all top ten materials at worlds) and just three spot... And the ladies already competing in russia for a spot are at least 6, with 4 more arriving next year and even more in the following seasons...
    There will be blood. That's for sure.

  8. #608
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    111
    Serafima looks like a younger version on Miranda Lambert

  9. #609
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    Serafima looks like a younger version on Miranda Lambert
    The country singer? Haha now that you say it... :D

  10. #610
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    543

  11. #611
    Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,556
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    Serafima looks like a younger version on Miranda Lambert
    She reminds me a lot of Irina Slutskaya. Her face is slimmer than Irina, who was known for those adorable cheeks of hers, but Serafima really reminds me of her...

  12. #612
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    211
    she reminds me to Maria Butyrskaya, blonde powerful girl, super cute and charismatic!

  13. #613
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    543
    User mihsersh uploaded plenty of new junior vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/mihsersh/videos

    Anastasia Gubanova, Sankt Petersburg Cup, August 2014:
    SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcgd2mH3H2Y
    LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDbAQkNTe0
    11 years old till December.


    I wonder why was this thread moved from main forum while thread "State of the American Ladies" is still there???

  14. #614
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post


    I wonder why was this thread moved from main forum while thread "State of the American Ladies" is still there???
    I would say because "state of the American ladies" is more an analytical thread, while this is more a collection of fact and news on the young Russian skater, like the "team japan" thread

  15. #615
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    I would say because "state of the American ladies" is more an analytical thread, while this is more a collection of fact and news on the young Russian skater, like the "team japan" thread
    Yeah, right. Nice try...

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •