Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Really enjoyed Serafima...she's so engaged in the performance and has great power and flow. My only complaint is her jump technique and the the arm over head position. I don't think they add to her jumps as her jumps already have this wild, tilted quality, and the arm makes them look even messier. I'd also like her to fix her toe combinations - the 2nd toe in her combinations all look like toe-axels to me. But i'm very happy that she appears to have gotten over her growth spurt and is doing a lot better this season than last!

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Really enjoyed Serafima...she's so engaged in the performance and has great power and flow. My only complaint is her jump technique and the the arm over head position. I don't think they add to her jumps as her jumps already have this wild, tilted quality, and the arm makes them look even messier. I'd also like her to fix her toe combinations - the 2nd toe in her combinations all look like toe-axels to me. But i'm very happy that she appears to have gotten over her growth spurt and is doing a lot better this season than last!
    ITA. I really enjoyed both of her programs. You're right: she's a very expressive performer and I loved how into character she was the whole time. Serafima is very enjoyable to watch and (like with Medvedeva last week) there was no competition in terms of the level of technical content and performance. I do agree that her tano jumps look a bit wild; Medvedeva's tano jumps, by comparison, are cleaner, tighter and straighter. I think Serafima's air position isn't as tight and the fact that she lands so far down in her knees and pitches forward does give her jumps a slightly messy look.

That said, she definitely nailed her program and I enjoyed it. It was great to see her start off strongly this season. IIRC she struggled a bit at the beginning of last season. She set the bar very high with that 190+ score. Last season there wasn't one Russian lady who stood out as the one to beat; maybe she'll be that person this year??

Yulia Lipnitskaya-san, Roshia! Rhodium's Avatar
    Sasha Proklova is in the list of competitors of JGP event in Germany.

She is not completely restored after the fracture though. She was asked at "ask.fm": "Do you jump on the ice or have a pain in the leg?" AP: "I have a pain".

Custom Title
    So she's planning to participate despite the injury and the fact that she was barely able to practice jumps?
    Or might she withdraw?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Sasha Proklova is in the list of competitors of JGP event in Germany.

She is not completely restored after the fracture though. She was asked at "ask.fm": "Do you jump on the ice or have a pain in the leg?" AP: "I have a pain".
    But the JGP is in a month's time, so she still has time to heal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    So she's planning to participate despite the injury and the fact that she was barely able to practice jumps?
    Or might she withdraw?
    The names submitted are not binding. That's why each country nominates several substitutes. Her Federation nominated her because if she wants to get to JGPF, she needs two events, so she got 6th and probably will also get the 7th. However, there is a few skaters who could compete if Proklova won't be able to. I am sure they won't make her compete if she is not ready.

Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    With "these four" I intended Proklova, Medvedeva, Sakanovich and Sotskova =)

Anyway in a way I'm happy that the Russian program is giving such good results, but in another way I'm actually quite worried that there is going to be too much talent: look at the japanese men in the last two season 6 good skaters (all top ten materials at worlds) and just three spot... And the ladies already competing in russia for a spot are at least 6, with 4 more arriving next year and even more in the following seasons...
    There will be blood. That's for sure.

Custom Title
    Serafima looks like a younger version on Miranda Lambert

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    The country singer? Haha now that you say it... :D

Banned

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittosuni View Post
    She reminds me a lot of Irina Slutskaya. Her face is slimmer than Irina, who was known for those adorable cheeks of hers, but Serafima really reminds me of her...

Custom Title
    she reminds me to Maria Butyrskaya, blonde powerful girl, super cute and charismatic!

Banned
    User mihsersh uploaded plenty of new junior vids - http://www.youtube.com/user/mihsersh/videos

Anastasia Gubanova, Sankt Petersburg Cup, August 2014:
    SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcgd2mH3H2Y
    LP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJDbAQkNTe0
    11 years old till December.

I wonder why was this thread moved from main forum while thread "State of the American Ladies" is still there???

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by papa View Post

I wonder why was this thread moved from main forum while thread "State of the American Ladies" is still there???
    I would say because "state of the American ladies" is more an analytical thread, while this is more a collection of fact and news on the young Russian skater, like the "team japan" thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jace93 View Post
    I would say because "state of the American ladies" is more an analytical thread, while this is more a collection of fact and news on the young Russian skater, like the "team japan" thread
    Yeah, right. Nice try...

Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... LastLast