Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    And 8 medals!!! 5 golds and 3 silvers!! In 9 events! But you're probably right...she isn't very good Did she kick you dog or something? This is like the third post where you say these things in only a couple of days. What gives?
    Reading this forum I can't resist thinking that Yulia can't skate at all! She won all those medals only because Putin corrupted the entire world figure skating community and this forum is the last stronghold of the uncorrupted! lol

Custom Title
    And 8 medals!!! 5 golds and 3 silvers!! In 9 events! But you're probably right...she isn't very good Did she kick you dog or something? This is like the third post where you say these things in only a couple of days. What gives?
    So what? Way overdone, over-scored.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    So what? Isn't that the point. I'm curious as to who you think put on a better season? Reading your last few posts it seems like everyone is terrible and undeserving. Who should I be watching that is the definition of "art and sport"? Please tell because I seem to be very misguided.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    She may be overscored but she didn't get any undeserved titles out of it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    My friend has a 9 year old daughter who is on the ice since 3. He says that: a) little chance for the future if one starts after 6. Strange enough. In my years FS accepted children not younger than 5. b) she trains 6 times a week. Parents are concerned (most of all about health risks) but at this stage she is mad about FS - a lot of other kids are fanatically dedicated c) there is politics even at this age - at her last competition she was 7th (usually inside 3). Then mom found out that the panel "forgot" to include the last element. But it was too late and nobody did a thing. d) the worst case is when the panel is from CSKA - they don't like others. For example, this panel judged certification level 2 in their school and they sent packing everyone e) CSKA's approach is pressure and numbers. It means that they don't care to lose 50 girls to get just 1 Sotnikova - so, no one will miss you. Other schools apparently might have more human approach to children. For example, his.

That's what he says.

(Whether I make a positive comment or negative one I have a feeling that I can't make everyone happy, so I will keep silent. Thanks for the anecdote anyway )

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moviechick View Post
    She may be overscored but she didn't get any undeserved titles out of it.
    It's not like she was the only over scored skater this year either. The only time she won unfairly was CoR but after Caro held onto the bronze at WC I've since cleared my conscience of that one.

On the Ice
    I don't believe that there is a lot of systematic difference "on the ice" because each school has
    several coaches with their own approaches. For example, in CSKA there is Buyanova (Vodorezova)
    coaching Sotnikova and Kovtun, and Goncharenko coaching Radionova (she was also the first coach
    of Sotnikova). In Sambo70 Tutberidze coaches Yulia, Medvedeva, Pitkeev and Voronov, while Tsareva coaches
    Pogorilaia in other group. These four coaches are all quite different.

The struggle I meant goes behind the scene: "working with judges and federation", some times "black PR" etc
    (what was called "toxic atmosphere" in other post here). CSKA is more influential in FS federation,
    especially their guru Tatiana Tarasova, and, as posted here, they don't like the others.
    It's a kind of relations between old aristocracy (CSKA rooted in now old soviet times) and "parvenues"
    suddenly entering the main scene. Read the remarkable life story of Eteri Tutberidze, if you did n't yet, to better see the
    last point.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by malif View Post
    Read the remarkable life story of Eteri Tutberidze, if you did n't yet, to better see the
    last point.
    My hairdresser says he went to same class in high school as Tutberidze. Claims she never cared for studying. Yet now after Lipnitskaya's success he met her and she is still simple, nice, and not arrogant.

Custom Title
    It's not like she was the only over scored skater this year either. The only time she won unfairly was CoR but after Caro held onto the bronze at WC I've since cleared my conscience of that one.
    And yet I only hear crickets after Kostner miraculously held onto the bronze.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    And yet I only hear crickets after Kostner miraculously held onto the bronze.
    Caro and Yuna are taboos on this board.

Custom Title
    I think the best russian baby is Maria Sotskova, she is so stylish and jazzy.. she will be the next Carolina Kostner.. she is very diferent of others russian, all Slutskaya o Butyrskaya copies..Sotskova is really a little Kostner

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by CezarMart View Post
    Reading this forum I can't resist thinking that Yulia can't skate at all! She won all those medals only because Putin corrupted the entire world figure skating community and this forum is the last stronghold of the uncorrupted! lol
    Haha just ignore it. Everyone has irrational haters. Anyway, so pleases she did so well at a Worlds

Rinkside
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mi0OXcKvY

I think Sakhanovich has so much potential! Her jumps are huuuge!

Medalist
    My personal favorite among russian babies is Alexandra Proklova, because she can be different, she can do lyrical program or ballet or something dancing. She was so inpressive at the Russian Nationals! But it's difficult to predict how her body will change and how it will affect her jumps.

I like Serafima, she has one of the best SS among all this girls, and very expressive arms. But i want her to try something new, not always be a nice lyrical girl. And i also have some bad feelings about her growth, she already look not so thin and more mature than other girls of the same age. Puberty may affect her earlier then other Russian baby-girls. And her jumping technique not exellent, she also sits very deep on her landing leg after landing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrp View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mi0OXcKvY

I think Sakhanovich has so much potential! Her jumps are huuuge!
    flutz, bad 2a, wonky 3-3 and ugly jumps, no

Page 6 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast