Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    A poster in FSU sai Julia Antipova is having serious illness. Not good at all. Hope she will receive the funding and get well soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    A poster in FSU sai Julia Antipova is having serious illness. Not good at all. Hope she will receive the funding and get well soon.
    I saw that. Horrible.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Polina Tsurskaya FS at Cup of Russia, event I (125.12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWVO...ature=youtu.be (what a jumper!)

Gubanova's FS (121.83): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opKvI...ature=youtu.be

Somehow for me Gubanova in the FS lost the magic she showed in the SP. Her skate was IMO much more junior which one would expect from a 12 year old.

On a funny note, seems like Yagudin sitting next to me in a Sochi lounge.

Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    Somehow for me Gubanova in the FS lost the magic she showed in the SP. Her skate was IMO much more junior which one would expect from a 12 year old.

On a funny note, seems like Yagudin sitting next to me in a Sochi lounge.
    I don't think she skated much more junior than her age. But since she's still a little girl she might not be able to manage a LP properly.
    Besides, I think her LP was not that beautiful for her. Didn't do her justice.

Custom Title
    ^^^^^I meant that she skated SP with the artistry of a grown-up skater while during the LP she was still a little girl. But overall, no doubts, she is amazing. And I agree, one should pray that she avoids serious injuries.

Does anyone know how Proklova is doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    I can't stop thinking about her situation. I'm not sure if I should create a thread in the main forum or not. It is in the news now and I know readers here would wish her well...

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    I can't stop thinking about her situation. I'm not sure if I should create a thread in the main forum or not. It is in the news now and I know readers here would wish her well...
    I would create one. Not everyone will see the news here. Nelli and Alex (the German ice dance team) posted on their Facebook page that she is suffering from anorexia and she needs some serious treatment and has to go to Israel but her family can't afford it. Very sad,

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45