Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45
Results 661 to 667 of 667

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

  1. #661
    Hate fake smiles and horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    North of the world
    Posts
    3,630
    A poster in FSU sai Julia Antipova is having serious illness. Not good at all. Hope she will receive the funding and get well soon.

  2. #662
    Custom Title breathesgelatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    A poster in FSU sai Julia Antipova is having serious illness. Not good at all. Hope she will receive the funding and get well soon.
    I saw that. Horrible.

  3. #663
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Polina Tsurskaya FS at Cup of Russia, event I (125.12): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZWVO...ature=youtu.be (what a jumper!)

    Gubanova's FS (121.83): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opKvI...ature=youtu.be

    Somehow for me Gubanova in the FS lost the magic she showed in the SP. Her skate was IMO much more junior which one would expect from a 12 year old.

    On a funny note, seems like Yagudin sitting next to me in a Sochi lounge.

  4. #664
    Yulia and Ruslena team forever! Alba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Milan
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by samkrut@mail.ru View Post
    Somehow for me Gubanova in the FS lost the magic she showed in the SP. Her skate was IMO much more junior which one would expect from a 12 year old.

    On a funny note, seems like Yagudin sitting next to me in a Sochi lounge.
    I don't think she skated much more junior than her age. But since she's still a little girl she might not be able to manage a LP properly.
    Besides, I think her LP was not that beautiful for her. Didn't do her justice.

  5. #665
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    229
    ^^^^^I meant that she skated SP with the artistry of a grown-up skater while during the LP she was still a little girl. But overall, no doubts, she is amazing. And I agree, one should pray that she avoids serious injuries.

    Does anyone know how Proklova is doing?

  6. #666
    Custom Title breathesgelatin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    289
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    A poster in FSU sai Julia Antipova is having serious illness. Not good at all. Hope she will receive the funding and get well soon.
    I can't stop thinking about her situation. I'm not sure if I should create a thread in the main forum or not. It is in the news now and I know readers here would wish her well...

  7. #667
    The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Posts
    1,888
    Quote Originally Posted by breathesgelatin View Post
    I can't stop thinking about her situation. I'm not sure if I should create a thread in the main forum or not. It is in the news now and I know readers here would wish her well...
    I would create one. Not everyone will see the news here. Nelli and Alex (the German ice dance team) posted on their Facebook page that she is suffering from anorexia and she needs some serious treatment and has to go to Israel but her family can't afford it. Very sad,

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •