Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

ManLady

On the Ice
Some tabloid said Yulia and Pitkeev were dating but that's not true and Eteri had to officially tell the press to stop pestering her students. You know, it's tabloid. :unsure:

though everything else the article wrote actually turned out to be somewhat accurate: that yulia needs her mom with her and that she has no friends (her age). maybe yulia got the puppy because they broke up?

Meoima

Match Penalty
though everything else the article wrote actually turned out to be somewhat accurate: that yulia needs her mom with her and that she has no friends (her age). maybe yulia got the puppy because they broke up?
What kind of children don't need their mom beside? And since Yulia has always focused on training, it's understandable that she has no friends her age. It's something all the tabloids have ever written about.

mary01

Final Flight

Doesn't yulia attend a public school?

ManLady

On the Ice
What kind of children don't need their mom beside? And since Yulia has always focused on training, it's understandable that she has no friends her age. It's something all the tabloids have ever written about.

The tabloid seemed to attach greater significance to both facts, and i actually accept (based on memory) their reporting, though I may not agree with their analysis and I certainly did not agree with the way it published the article in a manner that was disrespectful to yulia and invasive of her privacy. Considering yulia's age I thought it was overall classless and offensive & should not have been printed.

Having said that, even Adelina in an interview last week said that all the russian figure skaters are friendly with each other but with yulia is different because she is always with her mom. Yulia recently said that she has almost no contact with anyone her age, that she isn't the most social person, and that she spends her weekends at home doing chores and online. Eteri said yulia keeps things inside, and Averbuch said something like "you have to knock on yulia's door for at least 5 minutes before she lets you in." All of this reinforces what the tabloid reported, so I am inclined to accept their claim of a supposed relationship between yulia and pitkeev, which probably came from the same source(s) as the other claims. Now pitkeev is with serafima and suddenly yulia has a new puppy. hmmm... of course i don't know the actual truth, just speculating here.

Last word is yours if you want it :)

YLFan

Match Penalty
Yulia is a strong Christian girl and has said many times she is not interested in a relationship yet.

As far as friends. From interviews I have read the gist was always she didn't have friends outside the skating world. She is friends with girls like Pogorilaya.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Look at Tuk's Instagram page. It's got some :eek: stuff on it. She seems very social and her career seems to be going in a different direction. Correlation?

Alba

Record Breaker
Having said that, even Adelina in an interview last week said that all the russian figure skaters are friendly with each other but with yulia is different because she is always with her mom. Yulia recently said that she has almost no contact with anyone her age, that she isn't the most social person, and that she spends her weekends at home doing chores and online. Eteri said yulia keeps things inside, and Averbuch said something like "you have to knock on yulia's door for at least 5 minutes before she lets you in." All of this reinforces what the tabloid reported, so I am inclined to accept their claim of a supposed relationship between yulia and pitkeev, which probably came from the same source(s) as the other claims.

What's strange about that? People are different, some are extroverted, immediately friendly, and some are introverted. A more reason not to belive what a journalist has to say about her private life.

Now pitkeev is with serafima and suddenly yulia has a new puppy. hmmm... of course i don't know the actual truth, just speculating here.

Well, she looked very happy with her puppy, so I guess she loves the puppy more than Pitkeev. :laugh:
No "broken hearts", everybody is happy. ;)

Yulia is a strong Christian girl and has said many times she is not interested in a relationship yet.

Being christian or not I think is irrelevant here.

Alba

Record Breaker
Look at Tuk's Instagram page. It's got some :eek: stuff on it. She seems very social and her career seems to be going in a different direction. Correlation?

I'm not on instragam. What do you mean with different direction?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
All these Russian babies but can they withstand puberty. I wonder what about Leonova? Makarova will she really come back. Tuk? They are deemed over the hill or not going to make it. Then you have Julia, Adelina, Anna, Elena, and the list goes on

Alba

Record Breaker
All these Russian babies but can they withstand puberty. I wonder what about Leonova? Makarova will she really come back. Tuk? They are deemed over the hill or not going to make it. Then you have Julia, Adelina, Anna, Elena, and the list goes on

Some will make it and some probably not. Regarding Tuk I agree with kwanatic, I do think her problem has more to do with her confidence, a mental thing, rather than puberty.

YLFan

Match Penalty
The only two I have concerns about are Sotskova and Medvedeva. I think they will be held back in juniors next year and Proklova and probably Serafima will be on senior.

Then when the really good girls who are about to turn 12 are ready they will take the spots of the girls that don't amount to anything.

hanca

Record Breaker
The only two I have concerns about are Sotskova and Medvedeva. I think they will be held back in juniors next year and Proklova and probably Serafima will be on senior.

Then when the really good girls who are about to turn 12 are ready they will take the spots of the girls that don't amount to anything.

If there is the rule change as it has been planned, they will have to all stay in juniors (all four of them). If the rules stays as they were before, all four of them could do senior grand prix but they would not be old enough for Europeans/worlds. Same as Adelina with Liza did in 2011-2012, then Julia did in 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 Elena did the same too. I can't see anything that would indicate that Proklova and Sakhanovich would be treated differently than Sotskova and Medvedeva. If they have a chance to do senior GP (which at this moment looks unlikely), they wouldn't be forced by their federation; it would be up to them and their coaches to choose. It is about strategy. They may feel that being on podium at JGP and getting into JGPF will bring more points than risking staying off podium at senior GP; or on the contrary, they may feel that they are ready to medal at senior GP and would not see a reason why to stay at juniors.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is Pitkeev going to skate as a senior? He is old enough right? I've seen it predicted both ways but I mostly follow ladies and honestly don't know his plans or eligibility status.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty

they will withstand puberty and still beat Osmond ;)

YLFan

Match Penalty
I'm talking next year when they are all 15.

-

In modern skating I think 20 is going to be considered over the hill.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
If there is the rule change as it has been planned, they will have to all stay in juniors (all four of them). If the rules stays as they were before, all four of them could do senior grand prix but they would not be old enough for Europeans/worlds. Same as Adelina with Liza did in 2011-2012, then Julia did in 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 Elena did the same too. I can't see anything that would indicate that Proklova and Sakhanovich would be treated differently than Sotskova and Medvedeva. If they have a chance to do senior GP (which at this moment looks unlikely), they wouldn't be forced by their federation; it would be up to them and their coaches to choose. It is about strategy. They may feel that being on podium at JGP and getting into JGPF will bring more points than risking staying off podium at senior GP; or on the contrary, they may feel that they are ready to medal at senior GP and would not see a reason why to stay at juniors.
Yes, according to the rules as they are now, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva and Sakhanovich all have to stay in JGP next season (which is actually a good thing, in my opinion)... I don't think things will change after the ISU Congress, right? They're not going to discuss changes regarding this topic I think