Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

sirota

Rinkside
Very old publication! Anna said later she wasn't understood right and was surprised to see the words she didn't tell.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Liked the music, choreo, didn't like the performance, but can't see any "weight" on this girl at all.
She looks super slim to me, nothing even close to Tuktamisheva imo. It must be sth with my eyes? :unsure:
Since Sochi Adelina has seemingly added some weight but not Anna. Pogo looks to be in great shape. Her lines are long too and that helps. She is just naturally beautiful. I also think Pogo is taller than Adelina who is listed at 5'4" tall.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Since Sochi Adelina has seemingly added some weight but not Anna. Pogo looks to be in great shape. Her lines are long too and that helps. She is just naturally beautiful. I also think Pogo is taller than Adelina who is listed at 5'4" tall.

So is Adelina finished? Is it weight or curves (puberty)? One wonders if it is a lot of weight. Can she lose it?

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I wouldn't worry too much about Adelina even if she has put on weight since Sochi (has she?) She appears to have finished with puberty. If she's put on weight, all she really needs to do it lose it the normal way.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wouldn't worry too much about Adelina even if she has put on weight since Sochi (has she?) She appears to have finished with puberty. If she's put on weight, all she really needs to do it lose it the normal way.

ah do I ask what is the normal way in skating????

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Umm, work out, practice more, eat less... the normal way in life, not just skating.

I'm drawing a distinction between "weight due to puberty" and "weight due to relaxing/practicing less in the off season." I suspect the latter is easier to get rid of--if you can gain it, you can lose it.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Umm, work out, practice more, eat less... the normal way in life, not just skating.

I'm drawing a distinction between "weight due to puberty" and "weight due to relaxing/practicing less in the off season." I suspect the latter is easier to get rid of--if you can gain it, you can lose it.

agree

Alba

Record Breaker
Yes. But you can't deny what is obvious. The Russian babies are very talented.

Actually the political clout that Russia has in skating has nothing to do with this topic. The user above is trying to turn this topic into another boring discussion about the judges.

And Russia in not alone as far as political clout in skating is concerned. ;)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think thar one of the biggest issues amongst the Russian babies is where Serafima is going to end up. Will she stay with Eteri and her group after the summer training she is doing there? That could have a huge impact on her career if she moves from St Petersburg to join this very young and very talented group.

Alba

Record Breaker
I think thar one of the biggest issues amongst the Russian babies is where Serafima is going to end up. Will she stay with Eteri and her group after the summer training she is doing there? That could have a huge impact on her career if she moves from St Petersburg to join this very young and very talented group.

Too many skaters with Eteri though....

YLFan

Match Penalty
In GP, do countries make the list of girls that the host can pick from. Last year I notice Skate America took a 14 year old Radionova.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So is Adelina finished? Is it weight or curves (puberty)? One wonders if it is a lot of weight. Can she lose it?

No isnt isnt done yet thankfully unlike the beloved Osmond
Osmond is finished with her overhype, thank goodness that lasted only for 8 months :rolleye:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In GP, do countries make the list of girls that the host can pick from. Last year I notice Skate America took a 14 year old Radionova.

Chuckm seems to know more about the GP selection and World rankings then about anyone on this forum. Maybe he can help answer this. Every time I try to look up questions like this I'm bombarded with 70 plus pages of guidelines. I'm sure there is an easy to find source out there that just seems to elude me.