Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Elistra View Post
    What a compliment! So Anna P. is the future Yuna Kim? That'd be great, hope it happens.
    It's way too early to say Anna is the future Yuna Kim. Kim is a legend. Anna is just getting started. But she has the tools. Whether can further develop it and become a champion like Kim is up to her and Russia. Yuna had the total package of excellent technical skills, great artistry, mental toughness, and heart of a champion. It took Yuna years to develop the last three and become the complete skater. Let's see if Anna can do the same. She certainly has the potential.

Custom Title
    Feel bad for them. Can you imagine the stress of trying to win one of the top spots, amongst so many other talented determined girls, some with better backing than others...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by elee63 View Post
    Feel bad for them. Can you imagine the stress of trying to win one of the top spots, amongst so many other talented determined girls, some with better backing than others...
    I agree. Some of them should change nationalities or they are never going to be able to participate in the World Championships or Olympics. The competition is just so fierce! The Russian girls are all so consistent and have great technical content, because they would be buried in the standings at Russian Nationals otherwise. Even Tuktamysheva, who finished 10th at Russian Nationals, would make most countries' teams. But she has no shot in Russia - because the competition is just too tough and other skaters have better reputations.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    I agree. Some of them should change nationalities or they are never going to be able to participate in the World Championships or Olympics. The competition is just so fierce! The Russian girls are all so consistent and have great technical content, because they would be buried in the standings at Russian Nationals otherwise. Even Tuktamysheva, who finished 10th at Russian Nationals, would make most countries' teams. But she has no shot in Russia - because the competition is just too tough and other skaters have better reputations.
    I agree. It is sad that some countries have no one and others have so many that even 3Lz-3T in their SP and 7 triples clean FS will not guarantee them their spot at the Europeans/Worlds. Such a waste of talent. With Jenna McCorkell retiring, GBR doesn't have any lady! Come on, girls, can't you find any connection to Britain? Any great grandmother being British by any chance? Alternatively, I could adopt you...

Medalist
    Does somebody know Gubanova, Tsurskaya a Naugumova date(or year at least)when they were born?

Custom Title
    I for 1 am so glad Russia got 3 spots back for the ladies, they are probably the deepest country in ladies right now. But it's really going to be interesting (and a little scary probably for the skaters) about who is at the top each season and if they stay at the top after puberty hits.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie-Anna View Post
    Does somebody know Gubanova, Tsurskaya a Naugumova date(or year at least)when they were born?

Tsurskaya - July 2001 (JGP eligible 2015/2016; senior eligible 2017/2018)
    Nugumanova - August 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)
    Gubanova - December 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)

Quote Originally Posted by Minze2001 View Post
    The era of Asian dominance is over
    Not yet. Julia was born and lived in Asian city Yekaterinburg until she went to Eteri.

Anna P is the most robotic skater I've ever seen. Yulia is of course impressive as always but Anna cranking jump and element after element without a single emotional and mental connection to what she was executing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Not yet. Julia was born and lived in Asian city Yekaterinburg until she went to Eteri.
    interesting

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Tsurskaya - July 2001 (JGP eligible 2015/2016; senior eligible 2017/2018)
    Nugumanova - August 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)
    Gubanova - December 2002 (JGP eligible 2016/2017; senior eligible 2018/2019)
    Thanks Amazing talents!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPack View Post
    Anna P is the most robotic skater I've ever seen. Yulia is of course impressive as always but Anna cranking jump and element after element without a single emotional and mental connection to what she was executing.
    we saw different tangos.

Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    I agree. It is sad that some countries have no one and others have so many that even 3Lz-3T in their SP and 7 triples clean FS will not guarantee them their spot at the Europeans/Worlds. Such a waste of talent. With Jenna McCorkell retiring, GBR doesn't have any lady! Come on, girls, can't you find any connection to Britain? Any great grandmother being British by any chance? Alternatively, I could adopt you...
    Please, adopt Maria Artemeva or Nickol! or both!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium View Post
    Being born in the geographically asian part of Eurasia doesn't make someone Asian. The boundaries of Asia are culturally determined, and there's no way Yekaterinburg is an "Asian" city. And Julia is not Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Antilopa View Post
    we saw different tangos.
    Anna is a great performer..

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast