Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 35 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Not to mention, we all know big feds like Russian, USA, Canada, Japan...often get more favor from ISU than smaller feds. Asking for too many favor from them might be too demanding.

On the other hand, it is quite normal to ask the question: why cannot compete for the world title the best skaters at a given point of time irrespective of anything? Some of them won't survive puberty, some may be seriously injured tomorrow but today they are the best. The thing that gets into my mind is the type of the B-movies when some shady tycoon gathers the best fighters in some obscure island for the "real championship". Of course, the main hero who quit 5 years ago but who is poised to save some girl or whoever abducted by the tycoon will win :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
On the other hand, it is quite normal to ask the question: why cannot compete for the world title the best skaters at a given point of time irrespective of anything? Some of them won't survive puberty, some may be seriously injured tomorrow but today they are the best. The thing that gets into my mind is the type of the B-movies when some shady tycoon gathers the best fighters in some obscure island for the "real championship". Of course, the main hero who quit 5 years ago but who is poised to save some girl or whoever abducted by the tycoon will win :)
ISU might fight back with "we need to set a limit so children won't be physically pushed too soon".
It might sound ideal if all the girls practice with moderate duration until they hit puberty, then try the harder jumps and combo by the time they are 17-18, so less strain on their bodies.

Ironically ISU's current system is encouraging more and more difficult jumps at the early age so this does sounds like hypocrisy.

So personally, I think with the age rule limit, they should have issued a jump layout limit for junior skaters if they really want to "protect children from early injury".

papa

Match Penalty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOQXUF5A8-Q

12yo Valeria Mikhaylova, only 7th in first event of Cup of Russia in Samara (of course won by Gubanova ;)), but I enjoyed this SP a lot.
I like hands movement, quickness of rotation in jumps and the ease she skates with - it just seems she's having pure fun there!
What do you think? :)

MalAssada

Medalist
I'm not sure papa. She's def good, but I'm not sure she is good enough to compete with the other ladies. The music and dress didn't apeal to me :slink:

papa

Match Penalty
I'm not sure papa. She's def good, but I'm not sure she is good enough to compete with the other ladies. The music and dress didn't apeal to me :slink:
Yep, dress is so so, but I like that music a lot.
Btw., she reminds me Serafima a little bit... :biggrin:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
She is a baby. I could not say the same watching 12 year old Gubanova - she was as someone said, scarily mature. But, of course, an amazing baby. And so many Juliettes this season.

Imagine

Medalist
She's not really skating well to the music...but so young and so talented. I can totally see her winning the next Olympics if she proves consistent.

hanca

Record Breaker
There are still two seasons (or one whole season and three quarters of the current one) before Nugumanova and Gubaova are age eligible for juniors, so there is still plenty of time. But the level of Russian ladies talent is scary and a bit sad because we may not see quite a few of those supertalented ladies at Europeans/worlds because it is so many of them.