Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Rhodium

On the Ice
Anastasia will be 12 years old on December 2. It seems incredible, but 6 years ago Adelina Sotnikova won the Nationals title being at the same age. Russian ladies field was extremely weak.
Anastasia does not look weaker than Adelina at her age. Can anybody imagine that Anastasia will win Nationals this year (if she could compete)? In spite of her incredible talant, she can hardly be in the top-5.
Why has ladies competitivness increased so abruptly and dramatically? Does Russia rise from its knees at last?

She is a baby. I could not say the same watching 12 year old Gubanova - she was as someone said, scarily mature. But, of course, an amazing baby. And so many Juliettes this season.

I don't think that Lisa's FS looks more juniorish than Anastasia's FS this season.

Alba

Record Breaker
Lol, I confused Nugumanova with Gubanova... :rolleye:

I meant 2010/11 Yulia vs 2014/15 Gubanova.
Who'd win? :biggrin:

Ah...that's tricky. I'm glad they're not the same age and I don't have to decide, because I can't. ;)
I'm settled till 2024. First Yulia, then Gubanova. :popcorn: :yay:

mermaid

On the Ice
Country
Belarus
:clap: Can't wait to see her!

This is a short video from September this year
http://scontent-a.cdninstagram.com/hphotos-xaf1/t50.2886-16/10663726_1527844367445717_1833848839_n.mp4

For some reason it's not posted as a link but it works

Country
Russia
Unfortunately no new young names this season, first time after 2009.

JGP Fnalists - new names from Russia:
2009 - Polina SHELEPEN, Anna OVCHAROVA
2010 - Adelina SOTNIKOVA, Elizaveta TUKTAMISHEVA
2011 - Julia LIPNITSKAIA, Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA
2012 - Elena RADIONOVA, Anna POGORILAYA
2013 - Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, Alexandra PROKLOVA, Maria SOTSKOVA, Serafima SAKHANOVICH
2014 - none.

hanca

Record Breaker

2013 - Evgenia MEDVEDEVA, Alexandra PROKLOVA, Maria SOTSKOVA, Serafima SAKHANOVICH
2014 - none.

Because you had far too many new names in 2013. that's called greediness!

There are some more coming in 2015 and 2016, so I am sure that your country won't even notice having a year without a new name. Hopefully Medvedeva, Proklova, Sotskova, and Sakhanovich will manage represent Russia at the JGP and junior worlds well enough that we will forgive you not giving skating world a fresh face this season. :)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
There are too many talented Russian junior and novice ladies that I think it's good that no new names appeared this season.

Some of those girls won't even have the chance to compete at Euros, Worlds and Olympics. So sad.

But of course nothing is guarantee, see Russian pairs now may have problems at GP series. V/T and A/M has withdrawn. Thanks god Kavaguti/Smirnov has made a strong come back after injury. Otherwise the new pairs teams don't look quite ready to compete. (I mean B/D and D/E)

So if the same unlucky things happen to ladies field, let's say if Radionova can't overcome the growth spurt and Lipnitskaya-Sotnikova are injured in future; still there will be strong substitutes that can compete for titles.

Alba

Record Breaker

2014 - none.

Are you complaining? :laugh:

papa

Match Penalty

2014 - none.
We've got a little Russian ladies fs crisis... :laugh:;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQkfQB5v39Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeYfKLkZG8E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eVcdAZZNPA

Mangomango

On the Ice
Don't really agree on Adelina being promising... She's been skating poorly in all ice shows, test skates and skipping competitions already because she's too busy acting like a celebrity...
But I'm glad to hear that Lipnitskaia has been working on her basics (like her jumps), because she is one heck of a competitor!
Would love to see some more great programmes from Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya this season:D

papa

Match Penalty