Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

MalAssada

Medalist
I only recognized 4 skaters out of all those :cry: it makes me wonder which ones of the Russian wonderbabies will make it to 2018 and 2022 and which ones will fail on their way to the podium...

PS: I hope it isn't seen as any kind of negativism towards Russian skaters, and if so I deeply apologise. Let me know so I can edit it.

adelia

Record Breaker
Lots of videos have been recently made about russian ladies.
Just found an old one about rising figure skating stars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJp3QQyQaDg

Some of them have already won titles, others we may not ever see again.
This makes me sad:cry:
A number of them peaked as juniors. You can never tell what effects puberty will have on their skating. But I also think it's possible some of them made ill-advised coaching changes at some point. Some people in the skating community were calling for Liza to leave Mishin after her disastrous season. If she had done so, I doubt she would have made a successful return like we have witnessed this past few months.

Yamita

On the Ice
Some of them have already won titles, others we may not ever see again.
This makes me sad:cry:
It is not easy either before or after they succeed, letting alone at those young ages. I admire all of them for choosing this difficult path.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Moskvina/Mishin look ready to perform together again :cool:, as documented by Allison Manley.

Allison Manley ‏@MWskatecast
Best. Photo. Ever. Marina Zoueva taking a photo of T. Moskvina & A. Mishin after my interview #SA2014 #cheeky
8:05 AM - 25 Oct 2014
https://twitter.com/MWskatecast/status/526026859528847360 (see attachment)​

Couldn't think of a better thread for this post. And it kinda fits the thread title in a lighthearted way, IMO. ;)

Roman09

Final Flight
Tomorrow very important start is planned - Third the Russian Cup stage in Sochi. The most interesting - structure of participants at girls. Participate (attention!) Adelina Sotnikova and a rising star of the world FS, the leading junior skater of Russia Serafima Sakhanovich. I can be mistaken, but it seems to me that it is their first meeting at one competition. I suggest all Koreans to support Sima cause she is capable to revenge for Yuna :) P.S. Well the last sentence is of course a joke, I normally treat Adelina, I don't wish anything bad to her, but it will be very interesting to look who whom will beat))
Schedule of competitions:
On October 30 (Thursday)
GMT 14.30 – 16.30 – Women, MS, short program
On October 31 (Friday)
GMT 11.15 – 13.15 – Women, MS, free skating

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Sima could have placed on the podium @ Skate America. Very curious to see how she stacks up against Adelina. :popcorn: