Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 40 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Rhodium

On the Ice
What is exactly Liza Nugumanova saying there? :laugh:
"Mi pryedstavlyayem .... Biellmann Lipnitskoy"? (We present... Lipnitskaya's Biellmann?) :biggrin:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pJBc10mtUY

"Mi pryedstavlyayem zaklon - Biellmann Lipnitskoy." Her friend: "Liza! Liza! Eto Liza!" (We present a layback - Lipnitskaya's Biellmann [This is Liza!])

Liza's R&J FS in Sochi with 3Lo+3Lo and 3S both arms overhead. She is my favourite novice girl :love:

MalAssada

Medalist
I love how Nugamova seems to float when she skates, so delicate!

On a side note, I keep thinking about great Russian clashes coming:
Yulia vs Adelina - something I can't wait to see in Russian Nationals.
Serafima vs Evgenia - hurry up, JGPF and Junior Nationals!
Sasha vs Maria - 3rd place in Junior Nationals, maybe?
Gubanova vs Tsurskaya vs Nugamova - very talented novices, all of which I hope to see in Junior Nationals.

New figure skating show: Russia's got talent :biggrin:

EDIT: Totally forgot about Elena, Alena, Liza and Anna...

adelia

Record Breaker
Has this been posted before? A Russian report about the costs of figure skating (at least I think so, correct me if I'm wrong), featuring Mishin's group. They interviewed Nugumanova, her mum and her coach Oleg Tataurov. Liza, Sasha Petrov, Dimitriev Jr, Maria Stavitskaya, Gumennik and Mishin's dog all appear at one point or another during their training sessions. Filmed in June.

http://jf.spbu.ru/1_linia/2284-19325.html

papa

Match Penalty
I love how Nugamova seems to float when she skates, so delicate!

On a side note, I keep thinking about great Russian clashes coming:
Yulia vs Adelina - something I can't wait to see in Russian Nationals.
Serafima vs Evgenia - hurry up, JGPF and Junior Nationals!
Sasha vs Maria - 3rd place in Junior Nationals, maybe?
Gubanova vs Tsurskaya vs Nugamova - very talented novices, all of which I hope to see in Junior Nationals.

New figure skating show: Russia's got talent
Yeah, but what after Gubanova (12yo in Dec)? :confused2:
I've seen no video evidence of further talents, so I guess Russia will be in deep crysis in late twenties! Scaaaary! :unsure::laugh:

EDIT: Totally forgot about Elena, Alena, Liza and Anna...
Lol, no biggie! :laugh:

Has this been posted before? A Russian report about the costs of figure skating (at least I think so, correct me if I'm wrong), featuring Mishin's group. They interviewed Nugumanova, her mum and her coach Oleg Tataurov. Liza, Sasha Petrov, Dimitriev Jr, Maria Stavitskaya, Gumennik and Mishin's dog all appear at one point or another during their training sessions. Filmed in June.

http://jf.spbu.ru/1_linia/2284-19325.html
Very interesting, thx! :agree:

MalAssada

Medalist
Well papa, Russia's stocked up to 2026 (the Novice girls will be about 23 by then). For someone be ellegible for 2026, they have to be born before 2011, meaning they probably can barely tie their skates, let alone jump.

PS: Have we ever had any sort of Russian prediction? Like, who will be there for 2018 and 2022... I do understand that it is the opposite of this thread's purpose, though :yes:

Alba

Record Breaker
bellflower is right. They most probably are in kindergarten right now. :biggrin:

MalAssada

Medalist
Well, we saw Sasha in Rostelecom. IMO her jumps were better (sadly, the costume wasn't) so what do you think? Does she stand a chance in Russian Nationals and Jr Worlds?

oleada

Record Breaker
She won. Even with 3 falls she landed the same amount of triples as the 2nd ranked skater, and harder ones to boot.

stryke

On the Ice
Great. :cheer:

She is still young. A baby really, but a wonderful one. :love:

It's her birthday today!! :hb: Her and Nugumanova are both 12 now. If only they had been born A couple of months earlier we would not have to wait another year for them to enter juniors :cry:

Alba

Record Breaker
It's her birthday today!! :hb: Her and Nugumanova are both 12 now. If only they had been born A couple of months earlier we would not have to wait another year for them to enter juniors :cry:

Oh happy birthday my beauty! :cheer: :hb:

Noolan

On the Ice
Not sure if this is the place to post it, but I'll do it anyway. Julia Antipova's parents are starting a proper fundraiser for her treatment - she was diagnosed with anorexia a while back. She's in Israel right now and the federation can't afford to pay the bills anymore. Apparenly all the funds for the medical treatment of the entire Russian team have already been used on Julia, her treatment has cost over 100,000 dollars at this point. The federation wants Julia to come back to their Russian hospital, since that's the one they can afford. But things seem to be going well in Israel, so her parents want to stay there for now, and for that they need 138,000 dollars more. And they're hoping to get it through fundraising at http://julia-antipova.ru/main/. So donate if you can, at this point it seems to be their last hope :( I hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting the link.