Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters | Page 53 | Golden Skate

Team Russia - Promising Young Skaters

Roman09

Final Flight
Stanislava (Stasya, Stanya) - no words!!! 191 +!!! Can't wait Russian Nationals!

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

sneakers

Match Penalty
They're all wonderful (esp. Ilya and Georgi :love:), but don't forget about Petr! Shame he couldn't do his best at Nationals because he had been ill, but he'll be back.

Petr isnt a new discovery
I think everyone knows him in the forum since he was in JGP

I also like Petr, he is very gumby, he needs a 3A next season to qualify in JGPF

oleada

Record Breaker
I really loved Sokur/Pleshkov in the junior pairs, even though the FS wasn't their best. He is new to pairs, and this is their first year together. They already have nice elements, like the 3Tw and the 3FTh, plus wonderful basics and musicality. Hopefully they can develop well over the off-season and snag a JGP assignment.

sneakers

Match Penalty
I really loved Sokur/Pleshkov in the junior pairs, even though the FS wasn't their best. He is new to pairs, and this is their first year together. They already have nice elements, like the 3Tw and the 3FTh, plus wonderful basics and musicality. Hopefully they can develop well over the off-season and snag a JGP assignment.

they are the ones that skate like ice dancers

Perdita

Final Flight
Rus fed will host a TV show starting this spring to discover young figure skating talent. The jury includes some famous skaters, the host judge being TAT! Isn't is cool?
http://www.fsrussia.ru/kids-on-ice.html
About the contest
"Children on the ice. Stars "- a competition for 40 young skaters (20 boys and 20 girls aged 7 to 9 years), the last auditions in 10 cities of Russia. We will follow their progress for several weeks, where the children will evaluate the professional jury. The finalists will be released only two (a boy and a girl). The winners will receive the grand prize.

About the Jury
Performances contestants evaluate legendary coaches, athletes, judges. To ensure impartiality, we are changing the composition of the jury every week. The permanent chairman of the jury - Honored coach of the USSR, trainer and consultant of the Russian national figure skating Tatyana Tarasova.

Grand Prize
Winners will receive a week of intensive training figure skating in the educational center in Sochi with the best coaches of the country.

Development Grants
Two figure skating school, whose students gain the victory in the project will receive from Rostelecom cash grants to development.
I know some people don't like reality shows but I do! I'd better start studying Russian to watch this :dance3:

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Some reality tv is ok. I would definitely watch this...although I hate to sound negative, but the prize is just a week of intensive training? :confused: I don't know how much that would help a young skater from the regions, but perhaps the exposure on tv could help them find other sponsors or an invitation to train with a high level coach somewhere else.