2014 ISU World Synchronised Skating Championships | Golden Skate

2014 ISU World Synchronised Skating Championships

Précision

Rinkside
What an interesting competition this will be! Reigning world champions Team Unique won't be at worlds to defend their title since they failed to qualify for the event at Finland's nationals..

Here's some videos:

Team Finland 1: (Marigold IceUnity)
Short: "African Voque"
Free: "Spirits"Darkness. Fog. Lights. Rush. Speed.
In the heart of the city car horns sound and brakes screech as people rush to their destinations. Even a small mistake can be crucial. The moment of faith is near after a failed evade leads to an accident. The disaster has occured. Time stands still. Tu-tum, tum-tu, tu-tum … Hearts of injured beat the last few times while waiting for rescuers to arrive. The souls are released from the body. But where are these spirits on their way to and where do they eventually end up?

Team Finland 2:(Rockettes)
Short: "Hawaiian dance"

Free:"Queen medley"

Team USA 1 (Haydenettes)
Free

Team Sweden 2: (Team Boomerang)
Free: "Robots"

Team Russia 1:(Paradise)
Free

Team Canada 1: (Nexxice)
Free: "West Side Story"

Team Canada 2: (Les Supremes)
Free: "The Great Gatsby"

Lot of good teams competing! For me, I think the strongest teams will be the two finnish teams, especially Marigold with they suberb programs, Nexxice from Canada and Paradise from Russia.

Good luck to all teams!

sedrik

Spectator
Lot of good teams competing! For me, I think the strongest teams will be the two finnish teams, especially Marigold with they suberb programs, Nexxice from Canada and Paradise from Russia.

Good luck to all teams!

I absolutely love Marigolds' free! It would be great to see them win! And also it would be great to see lots of successful programs :)

auser

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if the ISU skating channel will offer "on demand" viewing for the World Synchronized Skating Championships for skating fans unable to watch the live stream of the Short programs? They did this for the 2014 World Junior Figure Skating Champs, but I have not been able to get this to work for 2014 World Figure Skating Championships from last week.

Helix

Rinkside
Does anyone know if the ISU skating channel will offer "on demand" viewing for the World Synchronized Skating Championships for skating fans unable to watch the live stream of the Short programs? They did this for the 2014 World Junior Figure Skating Champs, but I have not been able to get this to work for 2014 World Figure Skating Championships from last week.

I was working when the ladies event of senior Worlds was on last week and was able to watch the recorded ISU video of the whole event however it kept buffering I think due to it being a large file or lots of people were watching it so I had more luck watching the skaters videos in order on youtube.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Ice network is carrying it, so if the ISU is carrying it, it will be geoblocked in the US.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I don't know what Russia's going to do if they place top three or even win the sp again and don't medal!!!

Good luck to them!!!

They are the team waiting to have a breakthrough.

Finland canada Sweden USA is very very common.

Russia is the country with the best shot at a breakthough.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
The ISU skating channel showing synchro is geoblocked in US, Canada and Japan...

Carmen95

Rinkside
I am already curious... it´s the first time for me to watch a synchro event :) Really looking forward to it

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I'm also curious to see the performances. I watched synchro at Eurosport for the first time ten years ago or some such. After that I've watched sporadically, which is to say when I've had the chance. I'm amazed why it's shown and talked about so little, even in the countries with succesful teams.

Glad I can watch the ISU skating channel this year, but I could really need comments :scratch:. Anyone who can/wants to do pbp? At least for the best teams… would be appreciated :)

These are the required elements for the short program, right?
1. Intersection
2. Moves
3. No Hold
4. Pivoting - Line
5. Traveling – Circle

So, Ice Skaters on the Isle of Wight are there reporting on Facebook. Cool :thumbsup:

Anyone from Golden Skate in the audience?

thumbyskates

Rinkside
Anyone have any secret live streams options? In Canada...and despite it being geoblocked, there's no where to even pay in Canada to watch.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Anyone have any secret live streams options? In Canada...and despite it being geoblocked, there's no where to even pay in Canada to watch.

You could try hola I've read about in the GS forums but never tried myself. Letting you ungeoblock by pretending you in this case are in for example Norway...

TMC

Record Breaker
Wow I was not going to really watch this - just have it on the background and have a look now and then - but the Mexican team has just converted me to a new synchro fan!

I watched synchro a bit many years ago and didn't really enjoy it because the top teams were SO good and every other team was not really up to that standard - a bit like watching a singles competition with 3-4 elite seniors versus a bunch of novice and junior skaters :laugh: Sorry synchro people... But if this is the standard now then it seems to me that the discipline has developed in leaps and bounds! I will be enjoying watching all of these performances!

Which teams are the favourites to win/medal?

Last edited:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
Japan next in Mao Asada look alike costumes :laugh:

Longer skirts and singing in the rain, though :)