Can Ashley Wagner keep up with the New US Ladies | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Can Ashley Wagner keep up with the New US Ladies

Trewyn

Medalist
^Interesting about the lutz-loop. I always think about Miki Ando who did it and never, ever got credit for it. But if it's still worth quite a bit even with an underrotation call, it could be worth it. I don't know. Up to her team to decide.
No idea what's up with her 3F technique, I've wondered about it as well. Since I don't skate myself, it's hard to judge. Otoh, she *has* successfully landed that 3F-3T a couple times. Under John Nicks it was entirely missing in action.
What Raf has seemingly also improved is her 2A. She sometimes underrotated it and she seemed to have a bit of a mental block after that hard fall at GPF12. Now, that 3L-2A seq is solid as a rock *and* she was able to produce a 2A-3T seemingly out of nowhere (how often had she been practicing it before yesterday? was it a last-minute addition or did they change strategy after the Olympics?) Apparently it got a > call, but it looked a lot better than last season.
It's been an up and down season for Ashley. She admitted that initially she thought she'd made the wrong decision (picking Raf as a coach) but now she seems set on staying with him for the next (4!) seasons... So something has to be working. And considering she had her best LP at the end of the season, one could think (if one was optimistic) that things are finally settling down and it's all up from here :)