World spots for 2015 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World spots for 2015

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For me, the big shocker is that the US Men regained the third spot.

I didn't see that as a reasonable possibility.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Yeah i didn't even think it was possible that Jeremy and Max could get that 3rd spot back and this was before Max's shaky LP. With Jason, Josh, Max and Nathan Chen coming up we need to get these guys out there against the best.

louisa05

Final Flight
3 spots isn't enough for the Russian girls IMO haha. Congrats to So Youn for getting 2 spots for S.Korea!!! Yuna must be so proud :D I've heard some talk about a Russia ladies' podium sweep at the next worlds. What do you all think? I think if Asada retires and the US girls don't step up their game, it's possible... as for Euros, with Caro gone, a Russian podium sweep is almost inevitable.

Julia is going to grow. Check out the pic Polina posted with her. She still looks like a little girl. Not saying she can't get through it and still be at the top, but not everyone does. Seems like most actually don't.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah i didn't even think it was possible that Jeremy and Max could get that 3rd spot back and this was before Max's shaky LP. With Jason, Josh, Max and Nathan Chen coming up we need to get these guys out there against the best.

I hope this next season is Josh's breakout, similar to how this past season was so good for Jason.

I think Josh has the elegance and potential of Abbott, without the accompanying baggage.

I'm more interested in the US men than I have been in a while... frankly I haven't been that interested in Men's skating at all for some time.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope this next season is Josh's breakout, similar to how this past season was so good for Jason.

I think Josh has the elegance and potential of Abbott, without the accompanying baggage.

I'm more interested in the US men than I have been in a while... frankly I haven't been that interested in Men's skating at all for some time.

I want to see a little more fire from Josh. Jason is laid back for sure but he puts it all out there when he's competing and it's paid off. Josh has the bigger jumps and is quad away from being a major force in the sport. His 3axel is a thing of beauty.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I want to see a little more fire from Josh. Jason is laid back for sure but he puts it all out there when he's competing and it's paid off. Josh has the bigger jumps and is quad away from being a major force in the sport. His 3axel is a thing of beauty.

Not only that, but he has musicality equal to Jason's (different, but equal). Both of them are close to the whole package. And they seem to genuinely like and to root for each other. Which is amazing at this level of competition.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada

And although Abbott didn't get the medal he may have wanted, he did finish higher than Aaron and get the U.S. the 3rd spot back. Considering how many people were raking Abbott over the coals last month and predicting he would cost the U.S. the 3rd spot, that is some amount of redemption.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I'm just thankful Canada lucked out and did not go down to 1 spot in the Men's after the disappointing skates from Kevin Reynolds.

And thanks to Nam for stepping up his game and having an excellent Sr. Worlds debut considering he has no quads.

Agreed! I'm very pleased the ladies and men both have 2 spots for next year. :clap:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm pleased that Kovtun managed to take home 2 spots for Russian men this time. I think he took a lot of unfair criticism last year, for only getting 1 spot for the Olympics and this World's. I'm glad he doesn't have to take that again.

And well done to the Korean girls, 2 places there too... So Youn Park was impressive, and looks like one to watch for the future.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And although Abbott didn't get the medal he may have wanted, he did finish higher than Aaron and get the U.S. the 3rd spot back. Considering how many people were raking Abbott over the coals last month and predicting he would cost the U.S. the 3rd spot, that is some amount of redemption.

I'm more willing to eat my words. I really didn't think Jeremy would finish so strongly. Glad he proved me wrong.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I'm more willing to eat my words. I really didn't think Jeremy would finish so strongly. Glad he proved me wrong.

Jeremy did well, although he didn't win a medal though, so I suppose there is still the opportunity for constructive criticism on that point.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Jeremy did well, although he didn't win a medal though, so I suppose there is still the opportunity for constructive criticism on that point.

Well honestly I thought he would be gunning for a top 10 finish, so he sort of exceeded my expectations...

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Total by country:
Russia: 11
United States: 11
Canada: 10
Japan: 8​
France: 7​
Italy: 7​
China: 7​
Korea: 5​
Great Brittan: 5​
Spain: 5​

Nice! Three strongest countries in FS are on top of the Worlds.

I wonder if Russia can get 12 spots next year. I think it's possible if Kovtun will keep progressing and main russian pairs will be uninjured and together :laugh:

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Guys I don't know if it was discussed but do you know if Team Event will ever be in the WC programm? I actually kinda liked it in Sochi, probably because Russia had won but still.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Guys I don't know if it was discussed but do you know if Team Event will ever be in the WC programm? I actually kinda liked it in Sochi, probably because Russia had won but still.

I kind of wished they had tested it out at a Worlds or two before putting it into the Olympics.

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
I'm kind of hoping that the Team Event at the Olympics is eliminated. It makes it difficult to know how the skaters would really perform if it otherwise weren't included, and it's hard to judge whether they would have won an Olympic medal without it. It also allows some skaters (most notably Patrick Chan) to say they won '2 Olympic silvers' which is kind of misleading to the general public because it doesn't really distinguish between the Team Event and the regular solo competition.