Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: World spots for 2015

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    I'm more willing to eat my words. I really didn't think Jeremy would finish so strongly. Glad he proved me wrong.
    I think he proved everyone wrong. He's really come around to finish the season strongly, and I'm glad to see it.

Custom Title
    I'm more willing to eat my words. I really didn't think Jeremy would finish so strongly. Glad he proved me wrong.
    Jeremy did well, although he didn't win a medal though, so I suppose there is still the opportunity for constructive criticism on that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan O View Post
    Jeremy did well, although he didn't win a medal though, so I suppose there is still the opportunity for constructive criticism on that point.
    Well honestly I thought he would be gunning for a top 10 finish, so he sort of exceeded my expectations...

congrats, US!

umm...
    Total by country:
    Russia: 11
    United States: 11
    Canada: 10
    Japan: 8
    France: 7
    Italy: 7
    China: 7
    Korea: 5
    Great Brittan: 5
    Spain: 5
    Nice! Three strongest countries in FS are on top of the Worlds.

I wonder if Russia can get 12 spots next year. I think it's possible if Kovtun will keep progressing and main russian pairs will be uninjured and together

umm...
    Guys I don't know if it was discussed but do you know if Team Event will ever be in the WC programm? I actually kinda liked it in Sochi, probably because Russia had won but still.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow63 View Post
    Guys I don't know if it was discussed but do you know if Team Event will ever be in the WC programm? I actually kinda liked it in Sochi, probably because Russia had won but still.
    I kind of wished they had tested it out at a Worlds or two before putting it into the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemistry66 View Post
    Technically SoYoun only got the 2 spots because her teammate's 23rd only counts as 16 points. They very nearly lost that second spot.
    They would have gotten 2 spots anyway because Park finished in the top 10. Kim's placement is irrelevant.

Custom Title
    I'm kind of hoping that the Team Event at the Olympics is eliminated. It makes it difficult to know how the skaters would really perform if it otherwise weren't included, and it's hard to judge whether they would have won an Olympic medal without it. It also allows some skaters (most notably Patrick Chan) to say they won '2 Olympic silvers' which is kind of misleading to the general public because it doesn't really distinguish between the Team Event and the regular solo competition.

On the Ice
    Congrats to US Men and Ladies! Great to have both back to 3 spots!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3