So-Youn Park | Page 7 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have just made a marathon (rewatch) all the ladies free skate at Saitama. And I smile so big when I watch So Youn's free skate again: http://youtu.be/Kxbq17iSwjk
She looks really happy to be on ice. Aww!! :love: I hope she will have a good season!

Kuan

Final Flight
For everyone who missed it:
So Youns new SP (intoduction and Rondo Capriccioso) and FS (Romeo and Juliet) from Asian Trophy.

Four days ago I found a korean news clip about her and Hae Jins trainig for their GP events. Does someone know what they were asked about in that interview? Cute bonus: At the end, Hae Jin is teaching So Youn how to do a R&J ending pose :laugh: And it almost looks better...

Meoima

Match Penalty
For everyone who missed it:
So Youns new SP (intoduction and Rondo Capriccioso) and FS (Romeo and Juliet) from Asian Trophy.

Four days ago I found a korean news clip about her and Hae Jins trainig for their GP events. Does someone know what they were asked about in that interview? Cute bonus: At the end, Hae Jin is teaching So Youn how to do a R&J ending pose :laugh: And it almost looks better...
I love her Lp's dress so much. After rewatching her new FS, I think she need more speed and polish but in no way I would give her just 47 PCS. :bang: she did not have a fall in the LP so why??? :disapp: I really wish to see her competing this program to full its potential at senior A to see how they score her. Gotta be higher than 55.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I love her Lp's dress so much. After rewatching her new FS, I think she need more speed and polish but in no way I would give her just 47 PCS. :bang: she did not have a fall in the LP so why??? :disapp: I really wish to see her competing this program to full its potential at senior A to see how they score her. Gotta be higher than 55.

I agree. The PCS are very troubling. I heard this has to do with the fact that she does not have a "name" yet, i.e. if it were someone like Gold or Liptnitskaya skating exactly like that, they'd have a higher score just due to reputation. I have a feeling there's some truth in that, and it's really sad. :(

On a lighter note, is anyone else completely transfixed by the ballet So Youn manages to show off??? I actually hadn't seen such balletic movements in any other program yet this season: http://youtu.be/zsyDBm0Pq30?t=1m33s (intentionally at 1:33s).

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I agree. The PCS are very troubling. I heard this has to do with the fact that she does not have a "name" yet, i.e. if it were someone like Gold or Liptnitskaya skating exactly like that, they'd have a higher score just due to reputation. I have a feeling there's some truth in that, and it's really sad. :(

On a lighter note, is anyone else completely transfixed by the ballet So Youn manages to show off??? I actually hadn't seen such balletic movements in any other program yet this season: http://youtu.be/zsyDBm0Pq30?t=1m33s (intentionally at 1:33s).

Right now, all I wish for her is to enjoy her time in her GP events and rock it. Not expecting high PCS scores right away but I want her to think about being consistent first and calming her nerves down.

And for her balletic style, you gotta give major props to her mom! I believe her mom was a dance instructor (ballet maybe?) and she definitely a major key to her lovely arm movements (port de bras) and body posture (no shoulder-y neck moves).

Meoima

Match Penalty
Right now, all I wish for her is to enjoy her time in her GP events and rock it. Not expecting high PCS scores right away but I want her to think about being consistent first and calming her nerves down.
And for her balletic style, you gotta give major props to her mom! I believe her mom was a dance instructor (ballet maybe?) and she definitely a major key to her lovely arm movements (port de bras) and body posture (no shoulder-y neck moves).
ITA, this year is for her to buid reputation, it's not easy going against the Russian girls. But I hope she will pull through.
About her arms, I would love to send her mom lots of kudos. Her am movements are so natural and lovely.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
ITA, this year is for her to buid reputation, it's not easy going against the Russian girls. But I hope she will pull through.
About her arms, I would love to send her mom lots of kudos. Her am movements are so natural and lovely.

Yes... She needs to have nerves of steel like Yu-Na to go against them, and also work on her spins to have them consistently a high level 3, at least (what does she currently get?). I really am hoping that she can do it. After all, she might have a good mentor on her side, right? ;)

Also, I really like her costumes this season. Her costume choices in general are very fortunate, just look at this white swan. I love how both this season's and last season's LP's take a ballet number.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Yes... She needs to have nerves of steel like Yu-Na to go against them, and also work on her spins to have them consistently a high level 3, at least (what does she currently get?). I really am hoping that she can do it. After all, she might have a good mentor on her side, right? ;)
Also, I really like her costumes this season. Her costume choices in general are very fortunate, just look at this white swan. I love how both this season's and last season's LP's take a ballet number.
If I read protocols correcly then at WC 2014, she got a level 2 spin, but her final spin was level 4. Once her spins hit the consistency, her scores will rise for sure.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
A bit of a news update about Soyoun's training.

Summary from Yuna's fan forum:
Apparently, Yuna has been doingweekly skating sessions with the young ones to prepare them for competitions. Here, Soyoun talks about Yuna's help on presentation such that she actually changed one of her moves to be more expressive. The rest just talks about Yuna's move on attending the coaching seminars and Soyoun being part of SkAm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEiVn458aww

Ophelia

Record Breaker
Her jumps are great (very Yuna-like)! Speed-check, height-check, air position/axis-check, distance-check, landing-check, flow-check.

All skaters should be hustling over to S.Korea because those Korean coaches know how to teach correct jumping techniques.

lbc2138

On the Ice
Team SKorea is usually on point with their costumes and SoYoun is no exception, lovely!

I wish there was some way to really boost her PCS since I think she has the whole package, a little nervous but I really like the extension she has in all of her positions in spins

lbc2138

On the Ice
Btw, does anyone have a really nice picture of her short program dress? It's so lovely!

Meoima

Match Penalty
Korean ladies should get the "Best well-dressed" trophy. :agree: So Youn looks prettier and prettier. I wish her best luck at SA. :)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
http://instagram.com/p/uNglEwpiC7/?modal=true

Here's a slightly blurry pic of her SP dress. The crystal cinching detail on her dress is really well executed!

Also, has anyone noticed that she got slimmer? Her pinchable chubby cheeks are still there though! :biggrin:

Yes I noticed she seemed to have toned down a bit over past few weeks! Hope she can conquer her jump consistency and produce a great SP skate as well. I tends to discount everyone who just completed an Olympic, it takes a while to get back into proper shape.

Really excited to see her making the GP circuit at last. The competition at Skate America is ridiculously though, Radionova, Liza, Gold, Nagasu all vying the podium. A top 4 finish will be amazing! Top 5 is good (she will still need to beat Cesario on home turf) She is still a GP newbie, so she should forget about results and just focus on herself. It should be interesting to see whether her PCS will improve from Asia Trophy earlier in the season (really under marked).

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Happy 17th Birthday to So Youn! (in western btw)
I wish her the best of luck in SkAm and an amazing day full of joy!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
^Happy Birthday to one of FS's most promising skaters!:hb: I wish So Youn a wonderful birthday gift by way of a solid skate at Skate America. As I learned in my student days in Korea, "Fighting!"