Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: So Youn Park

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Soyoun's condition is not good this season (based on my observation at SA practice). May due to injury, last bit of puberty what not.. She can do a pretty decent loop now, actually 3loop has becoming her stronger jumps. her 3S is deteriorated, can not manage a -3T.Her lz and F are about the same as before.maybe lz is a little better. that is why they changed her lay-out to 2 2A-3T combo and went back to last years program. She was perhaps ambitious during last summer training and maybe has a better condition back then.
    her jumps seems off-axis at times. possible still dealing with last bit of puberty or some sorta body growth/change/injury.
    If Soyoun has better condition, I believe she will be more consistent.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    So happy to see a clean skate from Soyoun! This was much better than her national FS. Her jumps are huge and cover lots of ice. It's nice to see her hit the loop so often this season as it was giving her trouble last season. Just hope she doesn't mess up her SP so badly like yesterday at 4CC! Kinda miss her old R&J dress though :P

Tripping on the Podium

2 Not allowed!
    Gosh, it's really like a roller coaster ride with her, isn't it? Yuna spoiled me so much with her nerve of steel and super consistency so it's a bit too exhausting to be a fan of Soyoun for me, but just about when I really lower my expectation on her..... Bam! She goes clean. And I'm not complaining at all! Keep going, Soyoun!!

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gourry View Post
    Gosh, it's really like a roller coaster ride with her, isn't it? Yuna spoiled me so much with her nerve of steel and super consistency so it's a bit too exhausting to be a fan of Soyoun for me, but just about when I really lower my expectation on her..... Bam! She goes clean. And I'm not complaining at all! Keep going, Soyoun!!
    I don't want to be greedy, but I can't help but really, really wish her to clean her Black Orpheus SP. I absolutely love the choreography for that program and wish she can perform it perfectly!

We'll see at 4CC. Although she has broken our hearts many, many times, our patience has paid off to an extent.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    Glad to see a clean program again from So Youn. Lovely jumps! She has the classical style that I really enjoy. But it will be great if she can put more speed to her skating.

I hope she can be competitive again with the top tier skaters.

Just a random fan :)

2 Not allowed!
    When Hailey Shin reported that So Youn was completely clean, I was first like "That's impossible." But I just watched the video and I am so happy for her! There's that clean program that all us So Youn fans were looking for. I think she got a lot slower over the last few years (she seemed much slower here than 2014 Worlds) but the jumps are still big and gorgeous when she is doing well. The first 2A-3T is definitley a +3 in my opinion and it's impressive to be doing a 3S at the end of the program before the spin and with an ina bauer entry.

I am disappointed with the scoring a bit (judges only gave her 54 in PCS at a national event) but it is still a good showing for her. Hopefully she can repeat clean performances at 4CC and Worlds!

Rinkside

3 Not allowed!
    The different angle of her FS. 👍
    https://youtu.be/hTtr5CqkaGk

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Would it be bad that I upgrade my expectations for So Youn at 4CC? Her clean FS made me so much more hopeful.

I hope she can confirm that she's 100% out of her slump at 4CC.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Looking at the protocols her TES is competitive enough when clean. She should really get decent GOEs as I really find her jumps exquisite - good height and flow out. Is she losing a lot by not having a 3-3? But I'm not complaining seeing two 2A-3T in her program as she does them beautifully. And if her 3-3 is not yet stable, I guess taking it out is preferable.

However, it's really the PCS that's holding her down. Hopefully she can get some of the PCS-inflation going around these days. Consistency is the key.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MizukiS View Post
    Looking at the protocols her TES is competitive enough when clean. She should really get decent GOEs as I really find her jumps exquisite - good height and flow out. Is she losing a lot by not having a 3-3? But I'm not complaining seeing two 2A-3T in her program as she does them beautifully. And if her 3-3 is not yet stable, I guess taking it out is preferable.

However, it's really the PCS that's holding her down. Hopefully she can get some of the PCS-inflation going around these days. Consistency is the key.
    Point wise she doesnt lose any points and looking at the quality will (should) get higher GOE, but its affect on PCS is debatable, as long as she is consistent her PCS will increase

0 Not allowed!
    After watching the video ( ), hope has been rekindled. I really hope she can conquer whatever it is that's holding her back. She is such a beautiful performer!

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    Point wise she doesnt lose any points and looking at the quality will (should) get higher GOE, but its affect on PCS is debatable, as long as she is consistent her PCS will increase
    That's good then. I'm just not used not seeing 3-3 and it may have an effect on overall impression. But yes, right now consistency is what she needs.

Be selfish. Don't think about anyone else. sunnystars's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    All I'm hoping her to do is skate the best as she can

also, some luuurvely fan-art: http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/...e=all&ser_pos=

2 Not allowed!
    I'm leaving for Taiwan tomorrow morning and feeling nervous already😂

I hope Soyoun is not in same mood as mine

Medalist

4 Not allowed!
    You're so lucky!

I hope SY does either a clean SP or FS (although both would be lovely of course!).

I really hope 4CC will mark the turning point of her career upwards.

Page 57 of 69 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast