Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: So Youn Park

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cooper View Post
    but its still relevant because we're talking about PCS here.. people are complaining about so youn's skating.. that her program is boring.. that she doesn't have any presence compared to the russian wonder kids.. but that suits her.. then some are paranoid for bringing up "waving to the judges" because it is true.. that program got a good PCS.. there's nothing wrong of bringing it up.. after all it won ogm..
    Okay, I also think that So Youn's PCS is low. We all know she's a new face, she is not from a strong Fed. (anyways, look at Mae, she jumps very well but French fed did nothing for her either) But that doesn't mean her PCS won't get higher. She will get higher PCS as long as she improves her consistency. And she is doing a good job. The judges might take times to increase her PCS, though. That is not very fair we have to accept and be patient. Skaters choose this part they know better than us.

let's hope for the best. And i don't look back to the past too much. Korea will host the next Olympic, who knows, maybe ISU will take a better look at So Youn's PCS in the next season. She is talented and she is doing quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Okay, I also think that So Youn's PCS is low. We all know she's a new face, she is not from a strong Fed. (anyways, look at Mae, she jumps very well but French fed did nothing for her either) But that doesn't mean her PCS won't get higher. She will get higher PCS as long as she improve her consistency. And she is doing a good job. The judges might take times to increase her PCS, though. That we have to accept and be patient.

let's hope for the best. And i don't look back to the past too much. Korea will host the next Olympic, who knows, maybe ISU will take a better look at So Youn's PCS in the next season. She is talented and she is doing quite well.
    that's why i'm saying it's open for discussion.. anything that happened before doesn't mean it will not happen again.. every year.. every season.. there is always a discussion about PCS and TES or the rules..

and i doubt south korea will be a factor in figure skating in the future.. it will take a miracle.. KSU cares too much about their beloved speed skating and short track.. as for so youn she will continue to develop but that's about it.. i just don't see anything promising about the future.. i see a new different direction for figure skating.. it will be like rythmic gymnastics where 1 nation wins all the time for ladies.. no one will dare to compete with them..

Love popcorn, hate horendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    Well, let's face it. PCS also have to do with reputation, having a strong fed behind you is not the only factor.

Russian young ladies have good reputation among the judges. So when you look at Radionova, you might not like her postures but she landed all the jumps, huge TES and she's 2 times junior world champion, she got into GPF last year... Liza is good at jumps, and even though she's faltered last season but she did win 2 GP before, she was OGM at youth olympic as well. Gracie Gold is... Well US national champion, and she was 4th at the Olympic as well (not to mention it was Skate America).

So Youn has less exposure comparing to these ladies, hence the judges don't give out high PCS for her easily. So aside from lacking help from KSU, she hasn't built the reputation yet (she's just 16 to 17). That we have to patiently wait in time. Reputation she will have I believe.

Custom Title
    figure skating is politics, power balance between countries and marketing and money and .....
    I dont think it will turn into RG situation. if american, japanese lady's can also land 7 triples as well as Russians, there will be a fight.
    For South Korea or other countries, it will need 7 triples and more. such as an extra 3A
    PCS kinda not relevant.
    but skaters and their personal progress are precious.
    For SoYoun, I will say first land your 7 triples, Before that, I would not expect she is anywhere near the podium, no matter what choreo she uses.

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Cooper...if you were actually one of So Youn's coaches would you seriously suggest to her that she wave at the judges. I would hope not and that's why people are seeing right they what you are doing. So Youn is a beautiful skater capable of making podiums in the near future. Blaming Russians and using passive aggressive arguments for reasons I dont understand can only serve to harm So Youn's reputation on this board. The truth is So Youn simply needs to increase her consistency first. Like getting thru a competition clean. Her artistry is above average and will put her in a position to win medals and yes...I think even gold. She is going in the right direction if you ask me. At the very least she is a very enjoyable skater who will make events worth watching. I honestly wonder if you even like her because based on your on posts all I can't if you do because its like your using her to achieve some alternate agenda. She doesn't deserve that IMHO.

Back on Topic: not sure if its been posted here or not but So Youn was adorable as a 4th graders via 2008 :
    http://youtu.be/H--QWYOzYHI

I can't find any footage of her skating a gala. Does anyone know of any videos that exist.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15