Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43

Thread: So Youn Park

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny_stars View Post
    if she can sing or has some variety talent, I'm sure she can beat any of the k-idols in the entertainment scene

I am surprised as to why no Korean skincare brand hasn't signed her up for an endorsement contract or some sort. Come on, why reject a natural pretty face and some good international buzz now?
    Maybe I'm just strict on things like this, but I'd rather have her actually win somethig significant on the international scene before appearing on commercials, endorsements, etc. I always found the media hype around son yeon jae a bit ridiculous, and the media exposure compared to her results have earned her a lot of detractors.

Custom Title
    Looks like she really enjoyed being in Denis' show.

Picture of her with the other ladies in the cast wearing traditional local costumes for the closing number of the show!

https://instagram.com/p/4Nl7DzS7ua/?...=maiashibutani
    Last edited by Celine; 06-22-2015 at 04:59 PM.

Jinseo, where are you? sunny_stars's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Maybe I'm just strict on things like this, but I'd rather have her actually win somethig significant on the international scene before appearing on commercials, endorsements, etc. I always found the media hype around son yeon jae a bit ridiculous, and the media exposure compared to her results have earned her a lot of detractors.
    lol I just want her to get some cash moneyyyy

Aside from that, yeah I would like to see her win something before she gets the contracts and stuff. I do find IB's media play for Yeon-jae quite exaggerated but I would say RG's Russia-heavy politics also comes into play as to why she gets so much flak.

Custom Title
    lol I just want her to get some cash moneyyyy

Aside from that, yeah I would like to see her win something before she gets the contracts and stuff. I do find IB's media play for Yeon-jae quite exaggerated but I would say RG's Russia-heavy politics also comes into play as to why she gets so much flak.
    haha, I know. And yeah, the big part is the issue with her scores. People got really upset (especially koreans, actually) when syj was scored above the chinese athlete who many felt deserved to win.
    Okay, now I'm going off topic. Anyways, it's nice to see all the photos of her at denis's show.

New article about SY and it's about skating boots
    http://m.blog.naver.com/kybunkorea/220395186339
    Anyone care to give us a summary translation?

Custom Title
    New article about SY and it's about skating boots
    http://m.blog.naver.com/kybunkorea/220395186339
    Anyone care to give us a summary translation?
    Okay, this really lazy, but basically its waxing poetic about figure skating/importance of boots. And it just talks about so youn, and why she chooses kyBoot (the brand).

Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Okay, this really lazy, but basically its waxing poetic about figure skating/importance of boots. And it just talks about so youn, and why she chooses kyBoot (the brand).
    haha thanks for that quick info! any help is always appreciated

It's interesting that she also got some skating boots from Sidas (a footwear company) a few weeks ago. I actually thought she used the more popular brands like Edea, especially because of the shape. Anyway, get them boots, Soyoun!
    Last edited by sunny_stars; 06-23-2015 at 06:24 AM.

Custom Title

Custom Title
    Sooo....
    who would you guys want Soyoun's new coach to be then?

I want Stephane's coach/skating school since she needs to work on her edges and spins!
    Absolutely agree! Her SS and speed are her weakness! I can understand why her PCS never reflect her soft arms, musicality and rhythm - it's because she's so slow and has really flat egdes. It would be such a waste of her talent if she didn't get faster and better SS.

That's also one of the reasons why I'm against Morozov for her - his students never had outstanding SS at all.

Custom Title
    watched SoYoun's 2 show number at Denis's show, from this show, she is kinda slow and on flat edge(her last season competitions were faster). I wish to see more blade work from her really.
    Her movement are also kinda too soft for the fun number here in this show. Her has great grasp of this faster tempo. But I expected a little different texture of movement from her according to this different music.
    Ditto Stephane!!!
    Will need to wait and see her development in her new competition programs. Maybe, she/her team did not put as much effort in her show programs as her competition programs.
    EDIT: watched SoYoun's "Dear future husband" a few more times. I think I will need to take my words back, it is an actually decent show program in terms of content. It has some similar hand moves to Gracie's shake it off. Perhaps Cindy choreoed this piece. I dont know about Gracie's shake it off, but I know Gracie's "all that jazz" is choreoed by Cindy.
    I hope SoYoun can manage to enter Gala at SA this season.
    Last edited by yyyskate; 07-13-2015 at 07:33 AM.

So, this is interesting....

SY is recently picked by CNN for their Humans to Hero segment/promo. Here is a recording of it from a Korean fan.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ3u...ature=youtu.be

I just noticed some of the CNN articles about her. Oh CNN, please don't compare SY to Yuna. That's gonna add so much more pressure on her.
    Last edited by sunny_stars; 07-15-2015 at 12:45 PM.

thanks for the video!! i really hope we will see more confident and focused So Youn next season! please no more silly mistakes!

Custom Title
    I just noticed some of the CNN articles about her. Oh CNN, please don't compare SY to Yuna. That's gonna add so much more pressure on her.
    Agreed! Still, this seems pretty exciting for her--she's getting more exposure at least. I hope she does well next season!

Custom Title
    Well any way to get some reputation points is well worth doing imo.

It is fairly obvious SoYoun and Yuna have completely different styles (at least it is to me), but she does need to get better PR so this piece is pretty perfect, even at expense of Yuna's reputation. She has no world famous coaches to do her PR, useless federations, big medals (yet), she just got Yuna. So I applaud her team to try what ever they can to to get herself more noticed, as the future of Korean skating, although there are lots of exciting youngskater coming up it seems. One at a time.

She has already equaled Adelina Sotnikova's WC ranking at 9th 2 season ago, and I do think she can try to go for top 10 places this season. I thought Yuna's advice and appraisal was pretty much on point. I am hoping for something similar to a Danse Macabre type of program that can make judges take notice. Not just another soft lyrical skater from Asia. That shows strength, power, dynamism as well her special blend of gentle unassuming femininity that I think is quite special among current Asian ladies.

I think perhaps the Korean fan crowds can learn from Yuna, not to excert too much pressure on these young skaters. Be patient and let them enjoy themselves a bit more. Of course is easy for me to say, but I hate to see any young skaters overwhelmed with impossible tall mountain to climb when they still have a long road ahead.
    Last edited by os168; 07-16-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43