Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

Thread: So Youn Park

Rinkside
    http://youtu.be/xUNIGOBE2N0
    Watch until better vid comes up

Custom Title
    Wow, did So Youn change the entry on her 3-flip?

I think she did mess up on the 3S+3T (probably doubled the toe) and the 2A+3T, hence only scoring a 106.

Rinkside

Quote Originally Posted by andyjo24 View Post
    Wow, did So Youn change the entry on her 3-flip?

I think she did mess up on the 3S+3T (probably doubled the toe) and the 2A+3T, hence only scoring a 106.
    you're right... doubled toe, step out on 3Lo and no 3T after 2A. I think 106 is a generous score considering those mistakes TBH

Say no to horrendous costumes Meoima's Avatar
    But seriously... maybe too many domestic competitions have worn her out? She need more experience but international competitions, not domestic.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    But seriously... maybe too many domestic competitions have worn her out? She need more experience but international competitions, not domestic.
    Her PCS is constantly dropping.

54.34 at SA, 52.96 at COR, 52.32 at Korean Nationals, 51.48 at 4CC, and now 49 at this competition. Ugh.

She really needs to get it together, and I am hoping for a performance like last year's worlds. But I am not going to expect too much from her from now on. I might become pleasantly surprised.

My friend who was at 4CC said she was a beast, huge jumps and very elegant, promising talent. Believe in her, she's just 17.

Custom Title
    i think one of her shortcoming is she doesnt adjust her programs when she misses a jump, in this case she missed 3T after 2A, she could have added it to her 2nd 2A, in some cases there is time issue but she has time to adjust timing ,has some choreo aftre her last spin but she didnt, i dont know what they do at training but i think they need to change training style and show her how to adjust her programs, thats part of coach's job and i kinda dont like her coach, not that i know anything about her but so youn needs to imporve mentally but she doesnt seem like she did (hopefully because its her 1st full senior season)

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    i think one of her shortcoming is she doesnt adjust her programs when she misses a jump, in this case she missed 3T after 2A, she could have added it to her 2nd 2A, in some cases there is time issue but she has time to adjust timing ,has some choreo aftre her last spin but she didnt, i dont know what they do at training but i think they need to change training style and show her how to adjust her programs, thats part of coach's job and i kinda dont like her coach, not that i know anything about her but so youn needs to imporve mentally but she doesnt seem like she did (hopefully because its her 1st full senior season)
    It seemed as though she felt her 2A in her planned 2A-3T was not good enough for her to tag the 3T and so she did a turn-out. She could not have put a 2T after that as she had already done 2 2Ts (in 3S-2T and 3Lz-2T-2Lo). I don't think it was in her back-up plan to put a 3T after her ina-bauer into 2A, so she went along with that. Anyway I don't think she felt a 3T would've made a difference into winning or losing in this domestic competition though.
    Last edited by DarR; 02-26-2015 at 10:14 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DarR View Post
    It seemed as though she felt her 2A in her planned 2A-3T was not good enough for her to tag the 3T and so she did a turn-out. She could not have put a 2T after that as she had already done 2 2Ts (in 3S-2T and 3Lz-2T-2Lo). I don't think it was in her back-up plan to put a 3T after her ina-bauer into 2A, so she went along with that. Anyway I don't think she felt a 3T would've made a difference into winning or losing in this domestic competition though.
    i dont just mean this competition, but in general, it doesnt seem to me that they are working on different scenarios in case she misses an element, even if this wasnt big competition its still great chance to gain experience, also she could have added 2Lo instead of 2T,
    btw dont get me wrong, i am saying all this because i really love her and want her to do well

Quote Originally Posted by matmuh View Post
    i dont just mean this competition, but in general, it doesnt seem to me that they are working on different scenarios in case she misses an element, even if this wasnt big competition its still great chance to gain experience, also she could have added 2Lo instead of 2T,
    btw dont get me wrong, i am saying all this because i really love her and want her to do well
    Maybe changing coach can help?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Meoima View Post
    Maybe changing coach can help?
    Maybe, as i said earlier i dont know anything about her current coach but it feels like she didnt grow much since beginning of season both technically and mentally, change is sometimes good, i really like yuna's former coach, i think she trains cha jun hwan and he seems mentally strong, remember he missed his 2a at his sp at nationals and he added it later in the program out of nowhere

Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35