Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: So Youn Park

skating philosopher
    So Youn would be part of the 4-6 group due to retirements/breaks of top skaters. But she still would be No. 6, so your point is valid.

Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    She's going to get screwed over so bad, I know it.
    what she needs is to stay on her feet and with no disastrous performances.. it doesn't mean she has to win.. she just need to be consistent.. god i'm really hoping that she will do well together w/ hae jin kim this season..and their juniors.. it's good for korean figure skating in general and KSU will not bother to pressure yuna again..

I really like how clean her jumping technique is. So assume that she will upgrade her jumping layout (i hope her spins will be upgraded too...), and be more consistent, I can see her medal in some events in this few years. It is going to be tough since she doesn't have a strong federation, but sometimes it will push you to strive for the best. I remember in an interview she said that her goal/dream is to medal in PyeongChang, so keep your dream alive Yuna Kid )) I also like her personality on the ice, so enjoyable to watch her.

This program is still a beautiful piece to watch!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Melon View Post
    This program is still a beautiful piece to watch!!!
    Definitely one of the highlights of the whole competition for me. And I admire how dedicated the korean skating fans are to translating foreign commentary. It's sweet they're interested to know how their skaters are perceived in other countries

Her 2 GP assignments are with Mirai.

my 2 faves in one. waaah. but they both need to medal (heheheh)

Found a cute pic with her and Stephane. Must have been this spring during All That Skate in Seoul I think.

I also love how clean and technical her jumps are! And despite being young, her skating is very mature-looking. Good graceful arms and nice expressions. I hope she puts in a triple-triple combination! Her lutz is one of my favorite lutzes ever, she takes off on the right edge even if she falls.

Custom Title
    Park So youn was the surprise of 2014 worlds for me. She was just lovely!

Custom Title
    yay program music!
    SP - Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens
    LP - Romeo and Juliet soundtrack from 2013 movie
    both choreo is by Wilson
    source: http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/...40729102307489

short translation of what her management company said about her programs:
    "Because it is her first season in the senior Grand Prix, [she] struggled to choose program music that was mature and cool." and "she trained and prepared hard so that for this season she could perform well [or wants to show a good image]."
    (my Korean is entirely self taught so please correct me if I mistranslated.)

Quote Originally Posted by jimeonji View Post
    yay program music!
    SP - Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso by Saint-Saens
    LP - Romeo and Juliet soundtrack from 2013 movie
    both choreo is by Wilson
    source: http://sports.media.daum.net/sports/...40729102307489

short translation of what her management company said about her programs:
    "Because it is her first season in the senior Grand Prix, [she] struggled to choose program music that was mature and cool." and "she trained and prepared hard so that for this season she could perform well [or wants to show a good image]."
    Why Wilson ?? . But I like the music

I think Wilson is a good choreographer- just repetitive. Hopefully he's mixed things up a little this time around

Love popcorn, hate horrendous costumes. Meoima's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by satine94 View Post
    I think Wilson is a good choreographer- just repetitive. Hopefully he's mixed things up a little this time around
    I am not Wilson's fan either. Ah!!! His programs for Yuzu and Javi and PChan!
    But anyways, I think he has done a better job for ladies and his programs usually get high PCS. So Youn will get much higher PCS this season, I believe.

Custom Title
    at least Soyoun isn't using Nino Rota lol. I had a horror moment before I read the rest of the article.

Rinkside
    I'm not a Wilson fan but it's strategically smart for her to work with Wilson. His programs are often well-received by the judges and it may be easier to work with Wilson since he has a good professional relationship with Yuna. For her senior debut, she needs to get her act together. She can be more innovative later once she has proven herself

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8