So-Youn Park | Page 14 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

dna5019

Final Flight
So Youn is more than capable of making the podium. Sending lots of good vibes her way! :yay:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
I hope to see a more polished So Youn in the future. I think she can do wonders :yes: And it will be nice to see her fully come into her own style. She gets compared to Yuna so much, but she's definitely a softer skater, & that's just fine. :agree:

MiRé

Match Penalty
IMHO, I think So Youn should repeat her LP for next season. It's such a great program, and I think she can improve a lot if she were to repeat.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
What a very interesting GP event Rostelecom has become....

Now some people are saying that it might be jetlag that caused her to skate....like that and I'm sadly going along with it. (don't like making excuse but it really is plausible)

So Youn was reported to that some air travelling issues before the SkAm event. It was reported that she had to take multiple flights to go to the US rather than a one-way flight. Now if the same issues did arise for Rostelecom, then sucks for her then. :eek:hwell: I was kinda wondering why she gets to the GP event later than the others anyway....

Good luck on the LP So-Younie!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
We do have to keep in mind that So Youn is mentally weaker than Yuna competition-wise. Yeah, we can't really blame jetlag issues yet...

cooper

Medalist
We do have to keep in mind that So Youn is mentally weaker than Yuna competition-wise. Yeah, we can't really blame jetlag issues yet...

well.. so youn is not alone in that regard.. even the top skaters are inconsistent..

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker

Well to be fair.... who can possibly compare to Yuna in that department? Patrick? Hanyu? Abbott? ... Mao, Carolina? Julia? Adelina? No way...

Morning time in Europe, Korea time night. How long did she rest here? Less than a day? It may be wise to leave at least a day early next time?

It is a uphill struggle for LP, but she shouldn't worry about the ranking at this point. Just focus on herself and skate CLEAN. She need to skate clean to be even in contention at worlds with judge's impressions.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Well to be fair.... who can possibly compare to Yuna in that department? Patrick? Hanyu? Abbott? ... Mao, Carolina? Julia? Adelina? No way...

Morning time in Europe, Korea time night. How long did she rest here? Less than a day? It may be wise to leave at least a day early next time?

It is a uphill struggle for LP, but she shouldn't worry about the ranking at this point. Just focus on herself and skate CLEAN. She need to skate clean to be even in contention at worlds with judge's impressions.

:laugh: You and cooper do have a point about Yuna!

Also, I do agree about her focusing in the LP. I don't think she's even in contention at worlds but I do think she should continue to aim for a better placing.

MiRé

Match Penalty
My So Youn :( i hope she'll do well on the fs... Perhaps being in the first group may reduce some pressure.

Last edited:

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
I just watched again her 2014 Worlds. It's just so beautiful. I love her posture when she jumps and lands. So refined. I hope she does well in the FS. About her mental strength, I think that will eventually develop. But I do think she has great confidence on the ice. She doesn't spot or hesitate when she jumps.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist

I would compare pre-Torino Plushenko to Yuna in terms of balanced programs and insane consistency. He was virtually unbeatable 2001-2006 save for Salt Lake City.

Also, I totally think the "focusing on yourself" is something that Yuna can do very well; she repeatedly said that she tries to forget about everything else and just "skate as well as she can". Wishing the same personal strength to So Youn! Best of luck, dear! :agree: