So-Youn Park | Page 19 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
but at least you have great coaches..choreographers.. and the US fed is actually helping them... heck in korea it is completely different..

Wondering about So Youn's coach... She seems to be good though.... (?) And she's also coaching Lee June hyoung (I think).

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Wondering about So Youn's coach... She seems to be good though.... (?) And she's also coaching Lee June hyoung (I think).

Yes. She coaches June hyoung, too. She also coaches Dabin Choi, Eun soo Lim (skate korea junior champion) and So hyun An (3rd place at skate korea junior).
She has a lot of talanted Korean skaters. She once coached Yuna as well when she was young.:)
I think she coaches good quality jumps to her skaters. They all have good jumps...

Last edited:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
She has a lot of talanted Korean skaters. She once coached Yuna as well when she was young.:)
Yuna and that coach had some serious problems, she just coached her a few month. I can tell they don't like each other till now, Yuna seems totally cold to her, Korean fans too.

Hailey Shin

Medalist
Yuna and that coach had some serious problems, she just coached her a few month. I can tell they don't like each other till now, Yuna seems totally cold to her, Korean fans too.

Umm... I didn't know about that. But I don't think that Yuna or Korean fans showing cold to her.
Can you tell me what problems they had?

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Umm... I didn't know about that. But I don't think that Yuna or Korean fans showing cold to her.
Can you tell me what problems they had?
Maybe some old fans can tell us more. I want to know too.

I just watched many fancams from Nationals, when they were standing to wait for warm-up time, even stand close but they did not look or smile at each other, Yuna was chatting with everyone but her. That kind of cold is not an usual attitude for the old teacher. Unless some problem happened between them. So I asked a Korean fan about this because I think it weird, but she got uncomfortable then told me she hate to talk about her, that's it.

seabm7

Final Flight
Maybe some old fans can tell us more. I want to know too.

I just watched many fancams from Nationals, when they were standing to wait for warm-up time, even stand close but they did not look or smile at each other, Yuna was chatting with everyone but her. That kind of cold is not an usual attitude for the old teacher. Unless some problem happened between them. So I asked a Korean fan about this because I think it weird, but she got uncomfortable then told me she hate to talk about her, that's it.

Interesting. I have talked with many Korean figure skating fans since 2008. But this is the first time I've ever heard a claim that Yuna Kim might have a troubled history with Ms. Hyun-Jung Ji, the current coach of So-youn Park.

Yuna Kim had a difficult relation with a certain temporary coach (of a few months) early 2007. I wonder if some facts got mixed up.

Last edited:

Barb

Record Breaker
Seriously, japanese junior and novice skaters should be attending korean figure skating camps.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Seriously, japanese junior and novice skaters should be attending korean figure skating camps.

LOL I think of the opposite. The Koreans should go to the Japanese ones~

sighhhh if only both countries just stop bickering with each other :frown:.....
I would love to see skaters from both countries get more closer together and actually be friends with one another without that negativity.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Also, here's one of the better HD videos of So Youn's programs
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dizmdcOKJYQ&list=UUVITIG92P-IY-ozFbxyw6Cg
LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8HArorkHl0&list=UUVITIG92P-IY-ozFbxyw6Cg

If someone already posted these links, sorry! If not then bask in the HD-glory! :laugh:

I think So Youn skated somewhat slower than usual but at the same time, she was consistent with her pace and was in rhythm with the music throughout the program. There wasn't really a moment were she has this slow break or some sort of moment when she's trying to catch on with the music. She definitely improved on that part. Moreover, is it just me that's worried about her 3Ts after the combos? Not implying that they're unstable but her landing form for them are not the usual. I guess I'm just rambling and maybe she just needs to recover from whatevs she's been experiencing since CoR.

Last edited:

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I would love to see skaters from both countries get more closer together and actually be friends with one another without that negativity.
Korean and Japan actually are very close in many ways. Millions Japanese are Korean idol hardcore fans, Many Japanese actor/actress come to Korean to work, some top Korean actors are like a god in Japan, Korean drama like to retouch Japanese drama, Korean athletes play in many Japan club ... it not the problem between 2 country, it the problem with Yuna/Mao rivalry.

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I love Korean figure skating fans, they have the best fancam ever. Thank you so much for document our lovely skaters from all different angles in HD and share with the world. THANK YOU!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I love Korean figure skating fans, they have the best fancam ever. Thank you so much for document our lovely skaters from all different angles in HD and share with the world. THANK YOU!

I love them too! Although it's a small group, they are quite dedicated :) Some even created fancafes and groups for other disciplines.

Now that you mention it, I'm thinking of conjuring a Korean FS list of channels, bloggers, photographers, and whatnot in the team korea thread :think:

jkun

Final Flight
Also, here's one of the better HD videos of So Youn's programs
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dizmdcOKJYQ&list=UUVITIG92P-IY-ozFbxyw6Cg
LP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8HArorkHl0&list=UUVITIG92P-IY-ozFbxyw6Cg

If someone already posted these links, sorry! If not then bask in the HD-glory! :laugh:

I think So Youn skated somewhat slower than usual but at the same time, she was consistent with her pace and was in rhythm with the music throughout the program. There wasn't really a moment were she has this slow break or some sort of moment when she's trying to catch on with the music. She definitely improved on that part. Moreover, is it just me that's worried about her 3Ts after the combos? Not implying that they're unstable but her landing form for them are not the usual. I guess I'm just rambling and maybe she just needs to recover from whatevs she's been experiencing since CoR.

I think the 60fps video or 48fps (the more than usual kind) makes her seem slower than normal.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
LOL I think of the opposite. The Koreans should go to the Japanese ones~

i would love that too, sometimes i imagine yuna and mao doing ice show together, that would be awesome, sorry off topic since we are one so youn's thread but i had to say it :biggrin:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
yes 60f HD makes skater seems slower(low F faster), from long shot angle posted before, SoYoun has great ice coverage and not slow. especially her jumps are HUGE!

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
After seeing the GPF SP results, I am so bummed So Youn wasn't there. The field seems pretty weak even with the "top" Russians, and I just have a feeling So Youn can totally score sub-70 or above if she skates very clean. I am seriously surprised someone with results like those of Ashley is in the GPF while So Youn and Satoko are not. :(

yyyskate

Record Breaker
^ dont worry, we will have 4CC and worlds in the future, and actually, we will have plenty of outings in the future. Nowadays, I think majority skating fans, only cares about their fav skaters to have a good skate, and could not care less about the judging anyway.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I really wish she can participate in some senior-B competitions to boost her confidence:cry: