So-Youn Park | Page 26 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

dna5019

Final Flight
I'm sure she'll make top 10 at Worlds if she skates clean. For her first international season, I'd say she isn't doing bad, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not getting just a bit frustrated. So Youn has the potential to be great--not good, great, but she keeps letting her nerves get to her. :disapp: I'm starting to think that a foreign coach might do her good. Okay, I'll stop ranting now. Sending lots of good vibes her way for Worlds and I hope she comes back stronger next season! :cheer2:

Last edited:

lbc2138

On the Ice
I'm sure she'll make top 10 at Worlds if she skates clean. For her first international season, I'd say she isn't doing bad, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not getting just a bit frustrated. So Youn has the potential to be great--not good, great, but she keeps letting her nerves get to her. :disapp: I'm starting to think that a foreign coach might do her good. Okay, I'll stop ranting now. Sending lots of good vibes her way for Worlds and I hope she comes back stronger next season! :cheer2:

I feel the same way! She hasn't done terribly this season but she hasn't done phenomenally either. She's like a ray of sunshine among all of my favorites right now. Her photos with Zijun and their friendship is so :love:

also both of their EX's are "I Dreamed a Dream"

Last edited:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
She hasn't imploded like Lipniskaia or Gold this season, but she hasn't delivered either, and that's quite disappointing. There are so many occasions when she could've medaled, but she headcased herself off the podium. If she can't get her mental act together, Korea will not have a viable ladies competitor come 2018.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I hope her time will come soon! I can't wait for her to really deliver her true potential and win , WIN And WINNNN :cheer2:

dna5019

Final Flight
She hasn't imploded like Lipniskaia or Gold this season, but she hasn't delivered either, and that's quite disappointing. There are so many occasions when she could've medaled, but she headcased herself off the podium. If she can't get her mental act together, Korea will not have a viable ladies competitor come 2018.
I wouldn't say that. If they show improvement and mental toughness, I think Choi Da Bin and little An So Hyun could be ones to watch. :)

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I wouldn't say that. If they show improvement and mental toughness, I think Choi Da Bin and little An So Hyun could be ones to watch. :)

I agree. I think those two has shown the most improvement, especially So Hyun. Definitely, not forgetting about Eunsu Yoon. She's lacking a bit on the artistic side but she's quite solid on the technical side and has some mental toughness in her.

Meoima

Match Penalty
This is very disappointing. She really does have the technical goods. All she needs is a confidence boost. Ugh.
Hoping for a better free skate but at this point, I'm not going to expect too much from her.
:cry: Maybe she is suffering from injuries?

andyjo24

Medalist
Wow, did So Youn change the entry on her 3-flip?

I think she did mess up on the 3S+3T (probably doubled the toe) and the 2A+3T, hence only scoring a 106.

MiRé

Match Penalty
Wow, did So Youn change the entry on her 3-flip?

I think she did mess up on the 3S+3T (probably doubled the toe) and the 2A+3T, hence only scoring a 106.

you're right... doubled toe, step out on 3Lo and no 3T after 2A. I think 106 is a generous score considering those mistakes TBH

Meoima

Match Penalty
But seriously... maybe too many domestic competitions have worn her out? She need more experience but international competitions, not domestic.

andyjo24

Medalist
But seriously... maybe too many domestic competitions have worn her out? She need more experience but international competitions, not domestic.

Her PCS is constantly dropping. :cry:

54.34 at SA, 52.96 at COR, 52.32 at Korean Nationals, 51.48 at 4CC, and now 49 at this competition. Ugh.

She really needs to get it together, and I am hoping for a performance like last year's worlds. But I am not going to expect too much from her from now on. I might become pleasantly surprised.

Meoima

Match Penalty
My friend who was at 4CC said she was a beast, huge jumps and very elegant, promising talent. Believe in her, she's just 17.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i think one of her shortcoming is she doesnt adjust her programs when she misses a jump, in this case she missed 3T after 2A, she could have added it to her 2nd 2A, in some cases there is time issue but she has time to adjust timing ,has some choreo aftre her last spin but she didnt, i dont know what they do at training but i think they need to change training style and show her how to adjust her programs, thats part of coach's job and i kinda dont like her coach, not that i know anything about her but so youn needs to imporve mentally but she doesnt seem like she did (hopefully because its her 1st full senior season)

DarR

Rinkside
i think one of her shortcoming is she doesnt adjust her programs when she misses a jump, in this case she missed 3T after 2A, she could have added it to her 2nd 2A, in some cases there is time issue but she has time to adjust timing ,has some choreo aftre her last spin but she didnt, i dont know what they do at training but i think they need to change training style and show her how to adjust her programs, thats part of coach's job and i kinda dont like her coach, not that i know anything about her but so youn needs to imporve mentally but she doesnt seem like she did (hopefully because its her 1st full senior season)

It seemed as though she felt her 2A in her planned 2A-3T was not good enough for her to tag the 3T and so she did a turn-out. She could not have put a 2T after that as she had already done 2 2Ts (in 3S-2T and 3Lz-2T-2Lo). I don't think it was in her back-up plan to put a 3T after her ina-bauer into 2A, so she went along with that. Anyway I don't think she felt a 3T would've made a difference into winning or losing in this domestic competition though.

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
It seemed as though she felt her 2A in her planned 2A-3T was not good enough for her to tag the 3T and so she did a turn-out. She could not have put a 2T after that as she had already done 2 2Ts (in 3S-2T and 3Lz-2T-2Lo). I don't think it was in her back-up plan to put a 3T after her ina-bauer into 2A, so she went along with that. Anyway I don't think she felt a 3T would've made a difference into winning or losing in this domestic competition though.

i dont just mean this competition, but in general, it doesnt seem to me that they are working on different scenarios in case she misses an element, even if this wasnt big competition its still great chance to gain experience, also she could have added 2Lo instead of 2T,
btw dont get me wrong, i am saying all this because i really love her and want her to do well :)