So-Youn Park | Page 28 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

yyyskate

Record Breaker
surprisingly nope. no practice fancam, nor photos yet. nor repo, but lots Yuna fans do went and watched her practice including other korean skaters too. But they did not post anything on social media yet.

Last edited:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I think soyoun did alright today.

From my prepared expectations, I agree but I still have lingering feelings on what could've been. :eek:hwell: I am wondering why Coach Jung has decided to let her use 3F instead of 3Lz. :think: To be blunt, yes both of those jumps aren't her forte but I do see a relatively higher consistency with her 3Lz than the flip.

:cry: I guess Shanghai ice is cursed. :disapp:

let us hope that this curse is properly dispelled before any of the remaining events starts

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
From my prepared expectations, I agree but I still have lingering feelings on what could've been. :eek:hwell: I am wondering why Coach Jung has decided to let her use 3F instead of 3Lz. :think: To be blunt, yes both of those jumps aren't her forte but I do see a relatively higher consistency with her 3Lz than the flip.

I was also really confused as to why she did 3F. Also, those PCS! One of them was even sub-6, what? :mad:

andyjo24

Medalist
As for the 3F, I think she went for that because there's less of a pause between the jumps and steps, so she won't get minus GOE. Her lutz takes a long time to set up, so there was usually a long pause between the jump and the steps.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
As for the 3F, I think she went for that because there's less of a pause between the jumps and steps, so she won't get minus GOE. Her lutz takes a long time to set up, so there was usually a long pause between the jump and the steps.

They would give minus GOE for a long entry? Some of Liza's entries can be super long, but that doesn't give her a low GOE. Same with Ashley.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
They would give minus GOE for a long entry? Some of Liza's entries can be super long, but that doesn't give her a low GOE. Same with Ashley.

The jump quality of Liza's such as the height, flow, and exiting form, outweigh the negativity of the long entry. SOOOO I'm rather okay with Liza. On the other hand, I do agree with you on the GOE ***-ness for Ashley's jumps sometimes. But she did get penalized for her mistakes here on the SP event.

s_parks

Record Breaker
The jump quality of Liza's such as the height, flow, and exiting form, outweigh the negativity of the long entry. SOOOO I'm rather okay with Liza. On the other hand, I do agree with you on the GOE ***-ness for Ashley's jumps sometimes. But she did get penalized for her mistakes here on the SP event.

I don't think there's really much flow in Liza's jumps, personally... but anyways, the size, secure landings, and overall quality make up for the entrances (which leave a lot to be desired).

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I don't think there's really much flow in Liza's jumps, personally... but anyways, the size, secure landings, and overall quality make up for the entrances (which leave a lot to be desired).

YMMV on the flow but I concur with the entrances. Would really love for Mishin to address that "issue" but will probably not due to the given scores. :eek:hwell:

Well anyway, wishing for Soyoun to just focus on herself and her program in the FS event. I do think the pressure is now more highly concentrated around her after what happened in the SP event. I will still prepare my feeling for anything that can happen but I still believe in her skating well. I think she really just needs the confidence and a push.

MiRé

Match Penalty
SY really needs to land her 3Lo.......I hope she can just skate, not worrying about pressure.

BounceAround

On the Ice
I only saw part of her program because my screen was freezing, but she has the most beautiful dress and the most beautiful back of all the ladies competing :D! I hope she can make the top 12 so that South Korea can keep 2 spots.

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Her 3Lo was awesome!

Those PCS. Goshdarnit. Seriously?!!?! She got lower PCS than Pogo, who fell flat on her stomach (twice), popped a lutz, and skated from these things on two feet for a good several seconds while giving very unpleasant looks. What the heck?! :bang:

That LP deserved a 110+, this is such BS.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Well isn't the FS event interesting...

Soyoun manages to be in the Top 12

this year's Worlds is quite reminescent of last year's

de ja vu?

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
Well isn't the FS event interesting...

Soyoun manages to be in the Top 12

this year's Worlds is quite reminescent of last year's

de ja vu?

I would have had So Youn at least 10th. Ugh. :bang:

Does this mean Korea still has 2 spots for next year? That's good!

randomfan

Record Breaker
Not so sure anymore since France does have Laurine Lecavaliere on their roster.

What about China? Zijun was the only one to go to 4CC this year so do they not have another eligible skater?

It's crazy how So Youn actually did better here than 4CC yet she receives lower scores. Her TES should have been at least 58 and her PCS should have at least beaten Alaine and Anna's PCS in the FS. I think it should be around the PCS that Polina got.

andyjo24

Medalist
What about China? Zijun was the only one to go to 4CC this year so do they not have another eligible skater?

It's crazy how So Youn actually did better here than 4CC yet she receives lower scores. Her TES should have been at least 58 and her PCS should have at least beaten Alaine and Anna's PCS in the FS. I think it should be around the PCS that Polina got.

Overall, she did better at 4cc IMO because she missed 3lz+2t+2lo and 2a+3t and the last spin here as well as a UR on the flip (That's more points lost than the 3lo fall at 4cc)

But at the same time, her camel spin got lots of +GOE, and she got level 4 for steps!!!!!!! That's some improvement there for sure.

All she needs is consistency. I hope she finds it next season. I'm proud that she saved Korea's 2 spots!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker

ohh yeah China...uhhmmm probably no. Zhao Ziquan didn't even competed a lot internationally this season and failed to meet the TES reqs. So I guess that does mean 2 spots for SK then :think: