So-Youn Park | Page 38 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
Oooo... so excited! Thanks for the clips!

Good luck to SoYoun... am lighting a few candles for her, might as well start a bonfire. Tough competition, but it should be a fair crowd. Fingers crossed for Red Violin!

yeah you should just to make sure :biggrin:
good luck to So Youn, i am waiting for the day she will reach her true potential! :cheer:

andyjo24

Medalist
Woah. Those jumps appear to be a lot more solid than I thought they would be. The distance on the 2a-3t is crazy!

But still, I'm worried about her 3-3. Please skating gods, let her go clean today!

Last edited:

clippers8200

On the Ice
Interesting videos. It looks like she's switched her sit spin out for a flying camel again (which looked decently fast in the 3S video...)

andyjo24

Medalist
Sigh... So Youn.... Oh well, the 3-2 was expected but still, cmon... All 11 other people did 3-3....

Anyway, nice program and please just skate your best tomorrow since nothing's on the line anymore.

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
i really don´t understand... 53.78, it was kind ofunderscored despite the 2T she made (her 2A was huuuuge and i also liked 3Lz). I really enjoyed her performance, more than Mevdedeva´s one. But to be realistic, she will need to be extraordinary tomorrow if she wants to get into the top 5

skaterr

On the Ice
I really enjoyed her program. I don't care about scores anymore. So youn you did a good job.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
other than the spins and that 2T....she did well!

also happy birthday to her (according to KST)

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Happy Birthday SoYoun!!!

I still love your program best. Do better next time!!

andyjo24

Medalist
Like I said before, she needs to go for the 3toe NO MATTER WHAT! She might fall, she might stepout, but she must go for it with no hesitation.

If she keeps playing safe like this, she will never move up in the rankings.

I really think this would be a good time for her to change her coach and environment.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjee8xh8Mac

Undermarked in PCS as usual, lower than Elizabet Tursunbaeva? Weird.
On the otherhand lack of 3/3 may give the judges some excuse, but even if she'd been successful, will her PCS improve?

Last edited:

andyjo24

Medalist
Yes, it would. She would have probably gotten around 27 in PCS of she were clean. We will never actually know until she actually goes clean though (which may be never.... Ahhh)

Warwick360

Medalist
I don't get it!!!!! She changed her flying sit spin to flying camel (like I wished she did) and yet she gets the V. :scratch::frown:
Can someone care to explain?

And even though she didn't score well, the irony of it all is I still enjoyed the program and still feel she's dinged a bit too unfairly here. It's not like I'm expecting her to get medvedeva marks here, but this is ridiculous. Not just the PCS but the GOEs too. :frown: