So-Youn Park | Page 5 | Golden Skate

So-Youn Park

Globetrotter

Medalist
Yup, but they still have this option: So Youn can stay at Korea, Yuna can help her with the training and David Wilson can help her with choreography. (Even though recently I have been gradually less fond of his works). I am sure they would be happy for that option.
With David Wilson's reputation, So Youn can gradually get higher PCS for her choreography.
I think her coach is doing a good job with her at the moment.
Unless she wants to have an 3A or 4T like the Russian girls, then they should send her to an international coach.

Agree. Just no Carroll. All the girls from him mostly become classic ice princesses, yes consistent and pretty package (current gracie, Michelle Kwan) but more Bolshoi theatre than athletes. I am rather more bias towards the athlete that pushes the boundaries, so I do think staying in Korea may help or perhaps if open minded, Orser will be good.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Orser is not an option, barring anything has happened between him and Yuna. And frankly I think Orser is full at the moment. There are some good coaches in US, so I don't think finding a suitable coach for So Youn could be a problem. She will shine if she is nurtured properly.

cooper

Medalist
actually what KSU should do first is not about finding a coach for so youn but fixing that horrible Taereung ice rink in korea.. last time it was featured by a korean news channel there were raindrops in the ice rink!!! before the sochi games.. when the young skaters in korea were competing abroad.. yuna was alone in the ice and she had to close the ice rink by herself! there were reports before how cold the ice rink was.. and it's dangerous because of severe/sudden injuries might occur..

cooper

Medalist
park so youn is currently training in east west palace in la.. that's why yuna is also there now to see her.. :biggrin:

Jewels

On the Ice
park so youn is currently training in east west palace in la.. that's why yuna is also there now to see her.. :biggrin:

I saw a post that she changed the schedule to tomorrow because she had to attend a ceremony today I think. So she's training in LA! I didn't know that haha And Yuna's going there too?

cooper

Medalist
I saw a post that she changed the schedule to tomorrow because she had to attend a ceremony today I think. So she's training in LA! I didn't know that haha And Yuna's going there too?

there was a pic i posted on yuna's thread.. fans in korea speculated that yuna is in la because she wants to visit park so youn..

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I discovered 2 fabulous fancam of SoYoun's ATS programs. Much better cam angle than broadcast (but light exposure is a little too saturated). In "the swan", you can can see the serene back-drop big screen. SoYoun looks like a swan dancing under moonlight, just beautiful. And in "I dreamed a dream". the best angle ever (falling in love with this performance, only after I saw this fancam), you can find her fantastic musicality, especially "phrasing". And her attention to details, such as the little changes to her lay-back variation according to different music. She did Yuna proud!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lxU4Ag10Jk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zoc7AFICHek

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
http://andyha.tistory.com/entry/▶박소연-동영상

OKAY
After googling and searching a lot of korean sites without knowing of hangul, I finally found So-youn's SP performance in Sochi! I was pretty surprised with her mental strength! I initially thought that she missed a lot of her jumps (she has that tendency...just saying :cry:) but nope she didn't! Well she did miss her 3S-3T but she did add a 2T and the end of her 3Lz. :clap:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I thought she just visited? I read a blog recently and it said So youn is landing 3Lz+3T combinations, but doesn't say anything about her coach. :unsure:
I read somewhere that Yuna is coaching So Youn. So it's misinformed. Anyways in US there are many ice rinks and coach as well. They definitely sent her to a good coach. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
She's at East/West Palace, I believe, so Oppegaard?
If the coach turned out to be some veteran who came from Russia and currently staying in US, that would be amusing.
But anyway I am sure they sent her to a good coach. Since she is landing 3lz+3T combinations. A good sign! :clap:

cooper

Medalist
yuna is just probably helping.. not only so youn but hae jin kim and da bin choi as well.. but someone in the rink in east-west said that yuna was coaching.. who knows..